VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: From Miss Teen USA Top 5 to Miss USA Not Making the Cut

Author:
Basketball_Fan
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 21:18:27 05/02/19 Thu

What is happening in recent years with Miss Teen USA Top 5 delegates returning to Miss USA and not making the cut?

Since 2013, there have been 5 Miss Teen USA Top 5 delegates that have made the cut at Miss USA:
Kasey Staniszewski (3rd RU @ Miss Teen USA 2009/Top 15 @ Miss USA 2013)
Chelsea Welch (4th RU @ Miss Teen USA 2007/Top 15 @ Miss USA 2013)
Audra Mari (1st RU @ Miss Teen USA 2011/1st RU @ Miss USA 2014)
Brittany Guidry (4th RU @ Miss Teen USA 2009/3rd RU @ Miss USA 2014)
Sydnee Stottlemyre (4th RU @ Miss Teen USA 2011/Top 10 @ Miss USA 2016)

In the same time period, there have been 9 Miss Teen USA Top 5 delegates that have not made the cut at Miss USA.
2013: Brittany Sharp (4th RU @ Miss Teen USA 2006)
2014: Lexi Atkins (1st RU @ Miss Teen USA 2010), Angelia Layton (3rd RU @ Miss Teen USA 2010)
2015: Brooke Fletcher (1st RU @ Miss Teen USA 2009), Julia Dalton (2nd RU @ Miss Teen USA 2008)
2016: Haley Sowers (4th RU @ Miss Teen USA 2010)
2017: Katie Coble (2nd RU @ Miss Teen USA 2007)
2018: Tori Sizemore (1st RU @ Miss Teen USA 2013)
2019: Haley Holloway (2nd RU @ Miss Teen USA 2013)

AFAIK, the following Teen USA Top 5 delegates from 2011-2015 are still eligible for Miss USA:
2011: Danielle Doty (Winner), Taylor Clark (3rd RU)
2012: Logan West (Winner), Elizabeth Sabatino (1st RU), Courtney Pizzimenti (2nd RU)
2013: Cassidy Wolf (Winner), Julia Martin (3rd RU), Maggie McGill (4th RU)
2014: K Lee Graham (Winner), Vaeda Mann (1st RU), Sydney Robertson (2nd RU), Bianca Vierra (3rd RU), Valentina Sanchez (4th RU)
2015: Katherine Haik (Winner), Melanie Mitchell (1st RU), Jane Axhoj (2nd RU), Hannah Faith Greene (3rd RU), Sophie Baird (4th RU)

With the way IMG/Fox is taking Miss Teen USA and Miss USA, is there even a point for Top 5 Teens to return to Miss USA?

Last edited by author: Thu May 02, 2019 23:50:05   Edited 1 time.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Audra made the most impact to me. Exc Audra and Atkins, I donít remember what any of them look like

Author:
eloise
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:24:36 05/02/19 Thu

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: While I didnít think West Virginia was particularly strong, she was better than a number of other ladies that made it. Itís like a curse nowadays. Maybe the teens shouldnít even bother returning because IMG clearly is biased towards former teen runner ups now. Watch when another facially weak black wins next year! She is going to have curly hair and dark skin! I just hate this new organization and the direction they are going. They are DESTROYING the brand name of Miss USA!!

Author:
Samuel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:26:00 05/03/19 Fri

[> [> Subject: Maybe once the IMG Teens start returning, the tide might shift. Right now the former Teens returning are from the Trump Bahamas years.

Author:
Basketball_Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:25:07 05/04/19 Sat

[> Subject: Let's see now. I read the clear racist response, only to be followed by a totally rediculous claim that IMG is colluding to determine that former teens from the Trump era are being discriminated against. Some of you really have way too much time on your hands.

Author:
pageantpearl
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:08:46 05/06/19 Mon

Last edited by author: Mon May 06, 2019 03:10:21   Edited 1 time.

[> [> Subject: I donít think the original poster was implying or claiming that. He was just stating the facts.

Author:
Samuel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:13:12 05/06/19 Mon

[> [> [> Subject: Samuel, make no mistake I was not referring to the original post. I was referring to you. Your comment "Watch when another facially weak black wins next year."

Author:
pageantpearl
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:30:01 05/06/19 Mon

[> [> [> [> Subject: LMAO! Think what you want to. I think a lot of fans agree that there were more facially strong ladies this year.

Author:
Samuel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:08:19 05/06/19 Mon

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: There were several, however INTERVIEW probably seperated the best and brightest from the others. For the first time in several years I got very few of the finalists in Top 15. I usually get 8-10. I think I probably got 5 this year. I would have picked Miss New Mexico, but hey this is what this panel of judges selected. I hope that in the future we will see men back on the panel of judges.

Author:
pageantpearl
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:11:17 05/06/19 Mon

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Message subject (required):

Name (Registered users only):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.