VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Questions

Author:
eloise
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 21:01:44 05/03/19 Fri

Why did Pennsylvania look so familiar?

What was the average height for Miss? A few of them (a lot actually) seemed kinda short and stubby. Was it the stage?

Is super flat hair back? The last time I saw that many flat parted-in-the-middle long hair was in Uni 2003.

I thought it was going to be between NM and MD. Was anyone shocked MD didnt advance?

Is Shanna still directing NV? Her gown was so dated and I couldnt imagine Shanna approving that as the final gown.

Which directorship was the most successful?

Lastly, am I the only one stanning for the new Miss Teen? I adore her.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Not shocked ND didnít make it. She came after NM who wore a yellow gown and it made her yellow gown pale in comparison. Iím more shocked that stunning FL and KS were left out for.. NC, Nevada, and OK. NC had decent presence but Nevada had no sparkle. OKís gown wore her, it made her look very stumpy and short. No idea why she and NV advanced. Head scratcher for the viewers and for the girls themselves. As for the teen.. I honestly have no feelings. Donít really care for the Afro because we have seen it SO MANY times recently - DC 2016/2017, Brazil 2017, Jamaica 2017......... facially, I thought there were better looking teens this year. I did like her final answer though, I give her that.

Author:
Samuel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:17:35 05/03/19 Fri

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Omg heartbroken about FLA, though I must admit even I felt something was not clicking.

Author:
eloise
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:26:23 05/03/19 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: It was her makeup. She has beautiful eyes but her mascara (or makeup) made her look tired... she looked much more stunning in preliminaries. And probably IMG was afraid that theyíll be criticized again for having a back to back blonde win! That may Be why they purposely left FL out. But OK? Really? That gown did no favors for her. And NV.. she had no presence and sparkle. FL and KS were robbed as well.

Author:
Samuel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:00:10 05/03/19 Fri

[> [> Subject: It has become a story and interview pageant. No longer a beauty pageant. They are headed in the wrong direction that MAO has taken.

Author:
g-hr_tt3
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:10:17 05/03/19 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: Of course they are headed in the wrong direction!! That is why Miss America is failing! That is why Miss America is losing its ratings and interest! If they really think the average viewer will tune in and care about what the contestants do, then theyíll wrong. Quite honestly, do I care about what the ladies do? Of course itís important and their achievements should be mentioned, but at the end of the day, the competition should NOT be an interview or story pageant. It should be about beauty. Theyíre not running for political office! What they do on a personal level and what organizations they work with will probably be IRRELEVANT for the average viewer/Pageant fan. Whatever occupation or how well they speak will not matter because it doesnít affect the average viewer.

Author:
Samuel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:17:13 05/03/19 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: At the end of the day, this is a beauty pageant and a VARIETY show. People tune in for entertainment purposes. They want to watch Miss USA/Miss Universe to see beautiful women. I donít think so heavy emphasis should be placed on what they do because 10/20 years down the line, people will FORGOT her personal achievements. They will fondly remember her facial beauty and her placement at Miss Universe. That is what matters IMG/ MUO!! Wake up and stop trying to change a Pageant which is whatís itís known for!! Youíre not making it more relevant, youíre just alienating the core pageant community that is supporting this pageant!!!!! Go and ask any typical American on the street. They wonít care or donít know who Miss USA is!! Your target audience and supporters are NOT them!! Itís the pageant fans and the pageant community that wants PHYSICAL BEAUTY.

Author:
Samuel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:20:03 05/03/19 Fri

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Message subject (required):

Name (Registered users only):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.