VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Question

Author:
Doot
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 21:02:52 08/24/19 Sat

I have noticed an interesting phenomenon in the IMG era.

In the last 4 years, Miss USA has become *less* predictable and Miss Universe has become *more* predictable.

At Miss USA 2016, I don't think anyone predicted a win for Deshauna. In 2017, there may have been a couple of nods for Kara, but I don't think too many people expected a repeat for DC. In 2018, Sarah was on a lot of Top 15 lists, but did anyone expect her to win? And this past year, I don't recall anyone predicting a win for NC.

On the other hand, I would say that the last four Miss Universe winners have all been the favorites (or very close to it): Pia, Iris, Demi-Leigh, Catriona. I predicted all four of those wins, as did many others.

So what is going on?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Definitely agree that Pia, Demi-Leigh and Catriona were pretty predictable winners; I think Iris was favored to do well and maybe be a European breakthrough to place, but I don't think many saw her winning.

Author:
ValeneEwing
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:42:42 08/26/19 Mon

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: Yeah, I don't know what to think about USA, it's super unpredictable especially picking a top 16/15/12. Honestly I saw Deshauna & Kara placing; I had hopes for Sarah Rose possibly placing and I wasn't sure on Cheslie placing, but what do I know, they all WON.

Author:
ValeneEwing
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:46:31 08/26/19 Mon

[> [> Subject: I was not surprised to see Kara, Sarah, and Cheslie, make the Top 15/16, but their wins were all surprising to me. I just hope Miss USA is not going to become like Miss America, which takes itself way too seriously. I think pageants need to be fun! Miss Universe still has a good feel, but Miss USA is getting a little heavy handed.

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:09:17 08/28/19 Wed

I was not surprised to see Kara, Sarah, and Cheslie, make the Top 15/16, but their wins were all surprising to me. I just hope Miss USA is not going to become like Miss America, which takes itself way too seriously. I think pageants need to be fun! Miss Universe still has a good feel, but Miss USA is getting a little heavy handed.

Last edited by author: Wed August 28, 2019 13:10:02   Edited 1 time.

[> Subject: Bumping to push down spam.

Author:
Basketball_Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:12:58 09/01/19 Sun

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.