VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Complete these sentences (using any MUO pageant)

Author:
Doot
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 21:17:27 10/13/19 Sun

1. I was so happy and excited when ___ won.

2. Everyone seemed to love her, but I never got ___.

3. I wish ___ had gone much farther in that pageant.

Here are my answers...

1. Susie Castillo. She seemed like a breath of fresh air to me. After a few years where MUO was trying to figure out what Miss USA should be, Susie's win seemed like the start of a new era.

2. Alyssa Campanella. I love her personality, but even at Miss USA she was so incredibly thin. This is just not a good look in my opinion and not something MUO should be holding up as an ideal of beauty.

3. Kenisha Thom, Trinidad and Tobago at Miss Universe 2006. I think she should have been in the Top 5, and I probably would have picked her as my winner.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: 01. Iris Mittenaere. 02. Crystle Stewart 03. Angelia Layton at USA 2014, it's still ridiculous she didn't make the first cut at the very least.

Author:
ValeneEwing
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:34:24 10/13/19 Sun

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: 1. Demi Leigh Nel-Peters, 2. Morgan High, 3. Alyssa Klinzing

Author:
PF-Indy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:59:09 10/14/19 Mon

Last edited by author: Mon October 14, 2019 01:00:47   Edited 1 time.

[> [> Subject: I agree with all three of your choices, especially number 3!

Author:
ValeneEwing
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:50:31 10/14/19 Mon

[> Subject: 1. Terri Lea Utley 2. Nia Sanchez 3. Michella Marchi

Author:
HIM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:14:55 10/14/19 Mon

[> [> Subject: Michella Marchi was underrated looking back, she was va-va-voom status in swimsuit and I liked her gown.

Author:
ValeneEwing
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:08:51 10/14/19 Mon

[> [> [> Subject: Michella had a great personality to boot! "English is my second language!"

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:11:54 10/15/19 Tue

[> [> Subject: Teri was just as excited as you were, LOL

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:32:10 10/14/19 Mon

[> Subject: 1. Tami Farrell, 2. Crystle Stewart, 3. Roz Purcell

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:56:54 10/14/19 Mon

[> [> Subject: Rozanna Purcell was stunning, my only issue was the hair in evening gown, I liked it, but I think it looks better down and flowing.

Author:
ValeneEwing
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:22:39 10/14/19 Mon

[> [> [> Subject: Rozanna was ROBBED big time! It was bad enough her original finals gown was confiscated by MUO and she was blackmailed by them to wear Sherri Hill instead (she still looked stunning) but to see the delegates and the gowns they wore whom eventually advanced into the Top 5 over her was insult to injury. Yendi's powder blue lace and satin 80's frock, Venus's dollarama tin foil dress, Ximena's basic red gown that looked like it was bought at a mall sale, Australia looking like she just rolled out of bed, Ukraine looking like a cougar...that whole pageant was a travesty.

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:28:29 10/15/19 Tue

[> [> [> [> Subject: I liked Ximena's red gown and thought she would win as soon as she stepped out in it, but it's true, the others were all pretty bad.

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:01:45 10/15/19 Tue

I liked Ximena's red gown and thought she would win as soon as she stepped out in it, but it's true, the others were all pretty bad.

[> [> [> [> Subject: I too loved Ximena’s gown. I thought she was the clear winner after Rozanna got eliminated. I don’t know why the judges put Ukraine in over Ireland and even Albania.

Author:
PF-Indy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:15:52 10/15/19 Tue

Last edited by author: Tue October 15, 2019 13:18:13   Edited 1 time.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: I feel Ukraine was a DJT/"MUO" pick, Ukraine 2007 for sure was and Ukraine 2010 just got a bit further than I would have liked. Ukraine 2006, 2011, 2013 and 2014 I liked.

Author:
ValeneEwing
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:17:46 10/15/19 Tue

[> [> [> Subject: I remember some of us fans hated Roz’s messy up-do, but I thought it looked elegantly chaotic (if that makes any sense) LOL. Her face, though...

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:27:31 10/16/19 Wed

[> Subject: There are so many that could fill in the blanks but I'm limiting to Miss USA/Miss Universe from 2010-2019. 1. Leila Lopes, 2. Nia Sanchez, 3. Kristen Danyal

Author:
Basketball_Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:25:37 10/14/19 Mon

[> Subject: I was happy when Denise Quinones won Miss Universe. I didn't care for Alyssa Campanella, and I wish Miss Spain 2014 Desiree Cordero had gone further into the top 5.

Author:
WilliamNYC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:22:06 10/14/19 Mon

[> Subject: 1. Mpule Kwelagobe 2. Natalie Glebova (always found her facially off and robotic) 3. Leila Schuster (Brazil 1993)

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:05:35 10/15/19 Tue

[> Subject: Miss Universe: 1) Wendy Fitzwilliam. I loved Veruska, too. But, Wendy was everything that I wanted in Miss Universe. 2) Jennifer Hawkins. I don't hate her, and I know that the President loved her (and that trio of winners, including fantastic Shandi). But, I still don't get Jenn (or why Ana Karina Anez of Venezuela was excluded from the Top 15). 3) Flaviana Matata. Yes, that dress was ill-fitting. She came in 6th (missed Top 5 by one). IMHO, she deserved that Top 5 spot over USA.

Author:
SeminoleNation
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:28:38 10/15/19 Tue

[> [> Subject: I was debating between Roz Purcell & Flaviana! I was so pissed USA made it to the Top 5, while Tanzania trailed behind for that fifth spot. Then Rachel fell & I was like, ‘you idiots should’ve put in Flaviana!’ :/

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:24:55 10/16/19 Wed

[> Subject: Miss USA: 1) Carole Gist. It was a big deal. 2) Morgan Woolard. It seemed, for some fans, if you had to rank the worst tragedies of this nation, first would be 9-11 and then Morgan Woolard losing Miss USA. I just don't understand it (and I'm not a fan of Rima either). 3) There are a few women that I would love to write an essay about for this question (e.g., Beth Hood, Danielle Lacourse, Pat Southall, Angelia Savage, and Jessica Hartman). But, the most worthy is Lindsey Jo Harrington. I understand and value the passionate support of Crystle, considering her Texas experience. But, in fairness, Lindsay Jo freaking killed it. I will always believe they set her up for failure with those silly questions they threw at her. If she had won, and worked the Universe stage like she did at USA, Dayana Mendoza would not be a former Miss Universe today.

Author:
SeminoleNation
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:48:28 10/15/19 Tue

[> [> Subject: I preferred the sultry hairstyle Lindsey sported in her EG portrait and wished she had kept it for the finals (I posted the link inside the message section of my reply). 2008 is one of those weird years where the whole vibe of the telecast seemed off from start to finish. We all knew Crystle was the one to beat going in but she was terribly lukewarm that night and wasn't the clear standout on stage as most of us were expecting.

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:26:22 10/16/19 Wed

[> Subject: 1. Kamie Crawford. Hey, I always root for my home state of Maryland in any pageant and she's the only Marylander to win a major national pageant. 2. Morgan Woolard because I always felt she looked manufactured, not natural at all. 3. Verna Vasquez, Miss Curacao 1997 was in the top 6 but I thought she should've won.

Author:
perky
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:49:04 10/16/19 Wed

[> [> Subject: Glad to see there are others who didn't get Morgan Woolard. She always seemed so stiff and unhappy to me. I want Miss USA to radiate warmth. That was probably my least favorite Top 5 ever at Miss USA. I didn't really love any of them.

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:14:50 10/16/19 Wed

Glad to see there are others who didn't get Morgan Woolard. She always seemed so stiff and unhappy to me. I want Miss USA to radiate warmth. That was probably my least favorite Top 5 ever at Miss USA. I didn't really love any of them.

[> [> Subject: Verna Vasquez and Denny Mendez should've been the last 2 standing!

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:34:00 10/18/19 Fri

[> Subject: 1) Brook Lee (Duh). 2) Michelle Royer...great body, personality great, there were just other contestants I preferred at Miss USA. 3) Both Brazilian semi-finalists, 86 Daisy and the classy one in 93.

Author:
Tiki-Java
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:52:56 10/18/19 Fri

[> [> Subject: First of all, hi Tiki. Great to see you back here. I agree about Brazil in '93. I thought she'd win. That was a weird Miss Universe for me, because I thought it was a strong Top 10, but I was shocked that Dayanara Torres won. That pageant also had an unfortunately memorable crowning when Michelle McLean was trying to figure out how to get a crown the size of a hula hoop to stay on Dayanara's head.

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:14:45 10/18/19 Fri

First of all, hi Tiki. Great to see you back here. I agree about Brazil in '93. I thought she'd win. That was a weird Miss Universe for me, because I thought it was a strong Top 10, but I was shocked that Dayanara Torres won. That pageant also had an unfortunately memorable crowning when Michelle McLean was trying to figure out how to get a crown the size of a hula hoop to stay on Dayanara's head.

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Message subject (required):

Name (Registered users only):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.