VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: I thought the Wicked Witch of the Midwest (Gretchen) stepped down and took her walk of shame out of the org.? Who the hell is calling the shots now and why haven't they been hanged for treason yet? 2 hours of platform preaching, off-key singing and tap dancing isn't even going to keep the snowflakes who support these miserable changes entertained.

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 00:40:47 10/19/19 Sat
In reply to: Doot 's message, "Now Miss America is getting rid of the evening gown competition!" on 19:30:29 10/18/19 Fri

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: I thought it was an "ok" show without swimsuits, but now GOWNS?? I think evening gown is generallly every pageant girls favorite part of any competition. This basically leaves talent (which they are STILL going to keep at an inexplicably short 90 seconds) and a TED talks presentation about their initiatives. Who's gonna want to compete in that?? And.....wait for it.....I hear next year their plan is to do away with the crown and sashes. If Miss America survives another year, this is the LAST ONE to wear a crown.

Author:
Tiki-Java
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:30:05 10/23/19 Wed

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Ugh. This gets to the very heart of the Miss America problem (which has existed for some time): why bother to have a pageant at all? If it's all about scholarships and achievements, just have a test or an essay contest and give out the scholarships and be done with it. I don't see how Miss America can survive unless they solve that dilemma. I just hope MUO doesn't go the same route.

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:03:59 10/23/19 Wed

Ugh. This gets to the very heart of the Miss America problem (which has existed for some time): why bother to have a pageant at all? If it's all about scholarships and achievements, just have a test or an essay contest and give out the scholarships and be done with it. I don't see how Miss America can survive unless they solve that dilemma. I just hope MUO doesn't go the same route.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Message subject (required):

Name (Registered users only):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.