VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: I concur! What a diverse top five, too. Two Africans, one Asian, one South American, and one European.

Author:
HelloTeddy
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 08:32:14 10/24/19 Thu
In reply to: SeminoleNation 's message, "I'm going with1999. While I cannot say that all 5 were on my favorites list, I could easily have seen each of them with the crown. Leading up to competition night, I was all about Venezuela and Botswana. During the competition, I begin to think that the crown was going to Spain or Philippines. South Africa, though not a favorite of mine, was also strong. 1999 was a very solid Top 5." on 19:05:17 10/22/19 Tue

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> Subject: Indeed. Plus, that entire production in Trinadad remains one of my favorites (....only one way, to do the limbo!!!). And, the annoucement of the Top 10...bone chilling!!! I'm laughing right now thinking about how many times I said "Ohhh Sh*t" as it became more and more apparent that at least one sash factor country was not going to make the cut. That's pageant night excitement right there. Finally I know that she wasn't a traditional semi-finalist, but I LOVE that Ghana made the Top 10.

Author:
SeminoleNation
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:23:04 10/24/19 Thu

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> [> Subject: I remember being so excited that Mpule won. All through the pageant I kept thinking "Wouldn't it be something if Botswana won?" but I just assumed that it couldn't possibly play out that way, mainly because my favorite almost never seems to win, and Botswana was about as non-sash factor as you can get, LOL.

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:01:20 10/24/19 Thu

I remember being so excited that Mpule won. All through the pageant I kept thinking "Wouldn't it be something if Botswana won?" but I just assumed that it couldn't possibly play out that way, mainly because my favorite almost never seems to win, and Botswana was about as non-sash factor as you can get, LOL.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Message subject (required):

Name (Registered users only):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.