VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Wish List for Miss Universe 2019 pageant

Author:
Doot
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 09:18:00 11/16/19 Sat

1. Let each contestant do her own introduction. Remember back the day when they would step up to the mic and say "Good evening, ladies and gentleman. I bring you greetings from the hidden jewel of the Caribbean..."?

2. Stop with the regional nonsense for the Top 20. No one likes it.

3. Give each contestant enough time during swimsuit and evening gown. The most recent pageants have been a little better about this, but I'm afraid they are going to rush through it again like in 2016 and 2017.

4. Replace Steve Harvey. We need a host who puts the emphasis on the contestants, not on himself. He does not know how to host a pageant.

5. Have a diverse panel of judges and explain clearly how the judging/scoring works. It's called credibility.

Okay, those are my Top 5 wishes. I doubt any will be granted, except maybe #3 if we're lucky.

What would you add?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: All of the above plus Daisy Fuentes.

Author:
eloise
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:50:23 11/16/19 Sat

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: OMG, yes. I loved her. I miss her.

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:03:33 11/16/19 Sat

OMG, yes. I loved her. I miss her.

[> [> [> Subject: I loved her. She never talked about herself except to say that she was excited and nervous.

Author:
eloise
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:34:37 11/17/19 Sun

[> Subject: Stop with the all female judging panels, and expand Miss Universe pageant from 3 hours to 4 hours.

Author:
WilliamNYC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:53:32 11/16/19 Sat

[> Subject: You hit the nail on the head with all of these suggestions.

Author:
Groove (NSI)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:26:07 11/16/19 Sat

[> Subject: Yes to all five, especially the 1st one... the last two years feel do empty due to lack of introductions. I miss them so much. Harvey's five year contract has been a disaster, few people like him and he is too self centered.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi (nsi)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:41:08 11/16/19 Sat

[> Subject: Replicate the one MU pageant ever to be nominated for an Emmy-Miss Universe 1977. The stage, the format, the judges...what the heck, can't be any worst than now...

Author:
Old Fan/New Name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:55:30 11/16/19 Sat

[> Subject: Bring back the little sisters during the evening gown competition. Imagine Catriona gliding on stage with her lava gown with You Are My Star playing in the background.

Author:
Helen Organ
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:08:42 11/17/19 Sun

[> Subject: In addition to those wonderful suggestions above, I would apprecite the return of displaying the judge's scores.

Author:
MLB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:15:08 11/17/19 Sun

[> [> Subject: In other words, bring back some accountability. I love it!

Author:
SeminoleNation
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:20:54 11/18/19 Mon

[> [> Subject: Agreed. But it raises the question of whether the judges even give scores anymore. Do they actually give numerical scores like in the old days, or just select the contestants they want to go to the next round, or what? We don't even know this, because MUP/IMG doesn't tell us. When they rushed through SS and EG, like in 2016, I can't imagine there was actually time for the judges to watch a contestant, consider what they thought of her, and then enter a score like 8.95. Those rushed competitions really made me question what could possibly be going on with the judging/scoring.

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:05:27 11/18/19 Mon

Agreed. But it raises the question of whether the judges even give scores anymore. Do they actually give numerical scores like in the old days, or just select the contestants they want to go to the next round, or what? We don't even know this, because MUP/IMG doesn't tell us. When they rushed through SS and EG, like in 2016, I can't imagine there was actually time for the judges to watch a contestant, consider what they thought of her, and then enter a score like 8.95. Those rushed competitions really made me question what could possibly be going on with the judging/scoring.

[> Subject: The continental system is an epic fail. The usual suspects end up in the Top 10 anyway.

Author:
Basketball_Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:20:20 11/17/19 Sun

[> Subject: YES x 5!!!!!!!!!!!! My suggestion to add to your already on-point list: Announce the 1st Runner-Up BEFORE announcing the winner!

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:25:41 11/18/19 Mon

[> Subject: BRING BACK THE LAST LOOK WITH FACIAL CLOSE-UP!!!! Tired of these washed-up singers serenading the finalists.

Author:
Scott Grossman
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:54:22 11/22/19 Fri

[> Subject: A bigger venue, where people can get tickets for the show! That's what happens when to try to put on an International event in a small warehouse. I knew this was going to happen. Paula can't organize anything! Wow an International Pageant like Miss Universe being held in a warehouse "studio". Sorry people, everytime MU is held in the USA, you get a cheap, ghetto pageant experience!

Author:
I want my tickets
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:05:11 11/22/19 Fri

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Message subject (required):

Name (Registered users only):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.