VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: That Miss USA 3 or so years ago was hardly a "scientist". She wasn't Madam Curie as the gullible press made her out to be. She did compliance review at the NRC.

Author:
Ok
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 19:07:21 11/21/19 Thu
In reply to: Doot 's message, "Agreed. Also, we now tend to value certain "high-profile" careers, like being a lawyer or scientist, but I think a contestant who is, say, a kindergarten teacher would probably do a lot more good in the world and make a bigger difference in more people's lives... but it doesn't sound prestigious and she wouldn't stand a chance. It's unfortunate because we are replacing one kind of superficiality (physical beauty) with another (achievements that make good sound bites)." on 18:16:55 11/21/19 Thu

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: I think a teacher would score high in Miss Universe. They can play it to death. Ideals are shifting. I kinda like how MUO is shaping Miss USA going forward. You canít be shallow anymore. It still feels looser in Miss Universe but accomplishments outside of beauty will also soon be very necessary there. USA needs to find a truly smoking hot over-achiever to win the Universe crown. Or another Culpo. Be interesting and likeable. Not such a hard task.

Author:
eloise
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:37:30 11/21/19 Thu

Last edited by author: Thu November 21, 2019 20:42:41   Edited 1 time.
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: The last few Miss USAís, have ended up doing well, but to me, they were far from my top picks for the crown. I really want a titleholder again where I can like her from start to end. (Aka, not being like ďWTF?Ē when she wins). Again, thatís my taste, but I think some can agree. It already seems like the USA will be strong with plenty of great choices next year. Letís hope they donít screw it up and give us a bizarre winner! I do think Cheslie has done a good job so far, while she wasnít my pick. With the right styling, I think she can do really well next month.

Author:
pixiestix101
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:30:24 11/21/19 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: I wouldnt be surprised if she makes it to top 5. She will freaking need a showstopper gown. Esp with the anticipated calibre of faces this year, she needs all the ammo because she is tier 2 in that dept. Also, my fear is she will get too militant. I will tolerate no more than two mentions of her law career, but thatís from someone who has known about it before. It will obv be more novel for the non fans who are tuned in. Canít wait to see how she translates.

Author:
eloise
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:31:22 11/22/19 Fri

Last edited by author: Fri November 22, 2019 19:34:40   Edited 1 time.

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Message subject (required):

Name (Registered users only):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.