VoyForums

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Why The MISS UNIVERSE 2019 Crown Appears To Be Between THAILAND and USA

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 23:25:41 11/23/19 Sat

I've consolidated points that many of us have made in various threads below.

THAILAND:
- Paweensuda is one of the most hyped delegates from this nation that is long overdue for a win
- Thailand has spent big $$$ to host the pageant 3 times
- The country will surely be an automatic host for 2020 if they win this year
- They are able to fork over more $$$ to pay increased franchise fees upon victory
- Thais are enthusiastic pageant fans who still care about the pageant
Cons: Too similar to Catriona -- a back-to-back for a biracial Asian is possible but probably slim

USA:
- We haven't had a black Miss Universe since Angola in 2011 so the time is right
- Celebration of African American culture: Atlanta as a host city, black venue owner, black host, black Miss Teen USA
- Cheslie is a natural speaker and has all of MUO's talking points down like nobody else
- If Cheslie wins, New Mexico is our new Miss USA and will satisfy Telemundo's Latin market
Cons: Cheslie isn't the best looking contestant; Her win won't result in securing a host for next year or higher franchise fees

The only 4 other women I can see upsetting this showdown as of now are PANAMA, INDONESIA, PUERTO RICO and BRAZIL mainly because we know these countries (if they win) will most likely be willing to host the pageant next year (one of MUO's biggest problems) and they are able to pay up higher franchise fees. Panama, Puerto Rico and Brazil will also satisfy Telemundo's market.

Last edited by author: Sun November 24, 2019 03:27:21   Edited 4 times.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Interesting summary/analysis! I agree with all your points. Who knows, maybe they will surprise us this year. I hope so. I feel like Miss Universe has become quite predictable over the past 4 years or so. I'd love to be pleasantly shocked.

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:02:45 11/24/19 Sun

Interesting summary/analysis! I agree with all your points. Who knows, maybe they will surprise us this year. I hope so. I feel like Miss Universe has become quite predictable over the past 4 years or so. I'd love to be pleasantly shocked.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: I would love nothing more than to be pleasantly surprised by an unpredictable yet stunning winner from a non-sash factor country!

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:08:43 11/24/19 Sun

[> [> [> Subject: Yes like Argentina or Bangladesh .

Author:
WilliamNYC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:39:45 11/24/19 Sun

[> [> [> [> Subject: Considering the venue and the fact that Atlanta is the host city- look for a predominantly black female panel (men don't count) and definitely a black winner. My guess Ireland

Author:
USA is too obvious to win
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:24:24 11/24/19 Sun

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Disagree. Ireland competed like 10 times in Washington DC for the title and never even made the top 3. I think USA will go far, or at least farther than her. Only con: them two do have similarities in looks.

Author:
pixiestix101
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:54:04 11/24/19 Sun

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Ireland made three attempts to reach Miss USA: Top 16 @ DC USA 2014, 3rd RU @ DC USA 2018, Top 12 @ DC USA 2019. She qualified for Ireland as her father is Irish.

Author:
Basketball_Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:20:57 11/24/19 Sun

[> [> [> [> Subject: ARGENTINA vs BANGLADESH would be my DREAM FINAL 2!

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:52:45 11/25/19 Mon

[> Subject: I too agree with all your points. I would love to see Bangladesh win the pageant, but, has she ever competed in a swimsuit? I don't think her national competition had a swimsuit portion. It seems something is going on in Thailand. Thailand just won Miss International out of no where. Miss Supranational just announced a luxury hotel in Bangkok to be the official home of Miss Supranational while she is in Asia. Thailand will host Miss World in 2020 and Miss Thailand was runner up to last year's Miss World. And, this year Miss Thailand could possibly win Miss Universe. Thailand is certainly being rewarded for their love of pageantry and their love of the pageantry "business". How symbolic it would be to have a black american woman win Miss Universe in the african slave Capitol of the old south, Atlanta,Georgia. It may just happen!

Author:
nostalgic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:56:31 11/24/19 Sun

[> Subject: When factoring in a predominately Black host city and Telemundo getting back in the MUO fold, I think the winner will be Dominican Republic.

Author:
Basketball_Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:30:56 11/24/19 Sun

[> Subject: I have Thailand and Panama as my one and two. I would love to see Thailand win this year. It's been a long while since I rooted for an American representative to win Universe. I haven't been flattered by the past few Miss USAs with the exception of Erin Brady. This year's rep is nice but I do not see her winning among a number of gorgeous reps being sent to Atlanta. Bangladesh and Peru are awesome, as well.

Author:
HIM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:39:18 11/24/19 Sun

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Message subject (required):

Name (Registered users only):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.