VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: MISS MYANMAR COMES OUT OF THE CLOSET

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 00:48:09 11/30/19 Sat

Miss Universe Myanmar 2019 Comes Out Of The Closet Reveals She's a Proud Lesbian!

It took weeks before we finally got the go-signal from the Miss Universe Myanmar organization to release our interview with Swe Zin Htet, their flag-bearer in the Miss Universe pageant - requiring parental consent and considering Burmese traditional values before disclosing her sexual orientation. In an exlusive interview with Missosology, Swe Zin Htet comfortably decided to open up about her sexuality and gender identity and live her truths.

When asked about her personal advocacy, she said that she strongly support gay rights and start her own foundation to further LGBTQ+ causes. "I believe that not all countries allow same-sex marriage. I want the world to accept the LGBTQ+ community and their right to choose their own path and pursuit of happiness. Love is the most powerful thing and people fall in love with human beings, not gender. We should always have the freedom of choice and promote equality," she said.

When asked why she strongly supports the cause, she broke the news to us and confessed that she is actually a lesbian herself. "I came to a full realization about my sexual orientation over a long period of time. I knew I was "one of them" way back in 2015. It is personally quite challenging but I feel that I have a greater voice and the best position to promote this cause. Some pageant fans know about it and they still support me but this is the first time I am able to talk about it in public," she disclosed.

https://www.missosology.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1759906&sid=18f035558dc47ee30f7e874193022e94

DO YOU ALL THINK THIS IS ENOUGH FOR A TOP 15 PLACEMENT BASED ON PLATFORM?

Last edited by author: Sat November 30, 2019 00:50:13   Edited 1 time.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: If they follow the same format as last year where they weeded out the flakes with the personal intros, Id say she cracks top10. Shes pretty.

Author:
eloise
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:51:36 11/30/19 Sat

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: It does, even if Myanmarese contestants tend not to speak English well. Unlike Angela Ponce, she has the looks to make the semis.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi (nsi)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:07:33 11/30/19 Sat

[> [> Subject: It's just been confirmed Asia/Oceania will only be given 5 semifinalist spots. No more Wildcards. I wonder if her platform is enough to combat other Asians who have more beauty/more hype.

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:03:16 11/30/19 Sat

[> Subject: I love her openness about this, but I don't feel like it will make a ripple unless maybe if she manages to be very vocal about it during her time in Atlanta. Considering that Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, and India are almost guaranteed spots, there is not much room for her to sneak in.

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:59:00 11/30/19 Sat

I love her openness about this, but I don't feel like it will make a ripple unless maybe if she manages to be very vocal about it during her time in Atlanta. Considering that Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, and India are almost guaranteed spots, there is not much room for her to sneak in.

[> Subject: I wonder if shell try to leave Myanmar. Its a repressive country and I cant imagine being an out lesbian there is particularly safe space.

Author:
Deshard in SF
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:47:31 11/30/19 Sat

[> [> Subject: You stated exactly what I was thinking. Wd need to keep in mind Myanmar is a totalitarian regime. However, I do hope that a bit Thai like openness to these issues might have been started in recent years, at least from the religious point if view... as Buddhism is the majority religion there.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi (nsi)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:32:47 11/30/19 Sat

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Message subject (required):

Name (Registered users only):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.