VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: PRELIMINARY COMPETITION

Author:
pageantpearl
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 03:28:02 12/02/19 Mon

I haven't heard anything about this years Preliminary. When will it be held, and where can we view the proceedings?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: PRELIMS = FRIDAY DECEMBER 6 @ 8PM (EST) as per MUO's Instagram feed.

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:22:51 12/02/19 Mon

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: Is there going to be a live stream?

Author:
He asked
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:10:15 12/02/19 Mon

[> Subject: Miss Universe Catriona Gray to host the 2019 Preliminary and National Costume Competition, Friday, Dec 6 at 8pm ET. The pay-per-view event will stream LIVE on watch.missuniverse.com.

Author:
Pay-per-view
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:01:12 12/02/19 Mon

[> [> Subject: PAY PER VIEW??? Damn, this must be to make up for all the lost ticket sales in that small venue.

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:39:09 12/02/19 Mon

PAY PER VIEW??? Damn, this must be to make up for all the lost ticket sales in that small venue.

[> [> [> Subject: It probably will be on YouTube the next day.

Author:
Chester
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:39:54 12/02/19 Mon

[> [> [> [> Subject: Jeannie Ma and Ashley Graham are by far the WORST. I prefer the days of Julie Moran and Ali Landry. Remember how much Ali hated Brazil's gown in 1998? lol

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:19:21 12/03/19 Tue

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Wrong thread!

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:20:43 12/03/19 Tue

[> [> [> Subject: What list ticket sales, they are sold out of all events when I checked 12/1. Tickets went fast!

Author:
Old School Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:18:33 12/03/19 Tue

[> Subject: I hope this is false and its steamed someone for free. One of my traditions I love is to watch the preliminary competition every year... even when it was in the middle of the night sometimes. I watched it for free!!!! Times are-a-changing I guess!! Im sure someone there will livestream it, but this is still sad if its true!

Author:
pixiestix101
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:37:30 12/02/19 Mon

[> Subject: Please post here links to see the preliminary live and free. Thank you

Author:
paco
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:34:43 12/02/19 Mon

[> Subject: It is true. Prelims is worth $20 to watch (www.watch.missuniverse.com)

Author:
KiwiGuy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:44:36 12/02/19 Mon

[> [> Subject: Prelims and NC for that price.

Author:
FN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:36:43 12/03/19 Tue

[> [> Subject: Is anyone planning to pay to watch? If it were a couple of bucks I might do it, but $20 seems ridiculous, especially since there is no guarantee of good streaming quality.

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:55:51 12/03/19 Tue

Is anyone planning to pay to watch? If it were a couple of bucks I might do it, but $20 seems ridiculous, especially since there is no guarantee of good streaming quality.

[> [> [> Subject: I am undecided at the moment. It's not an overly expensive thing but I refuse to pay for things like that that should be free on principle.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi (nsi)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:05:39 12/03/19 Tue

[> [> [> [> Subject: MUO isn't seeing a red cent from me!

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:41:05 12/04/19 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: If many people actually pay for it then theyre going to keep doing it. But there are many fans around the world who cant afford this expense. And ultimately those same people will lose interest and things will continue to decline.

Author:
South star
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:47:08 12/04/19 Wed

[> [> [> [> Subject: This is a good point. Miss Universe is supposed to be a worldwide event, but $20 puts the prelims out of reach for many people in the United States, and it's a fortune for people in other parts of the world. Sometimes it seems like MUO/IMG is doing everything they can to kill the pageant.

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:12:26 12/04/19 Wed

This is a good point. Miss Universe is supposed to be a worldwide event, but $20 puts the prelims out of reach for many people in the United States, and it's a fortune for people in other parts of the world. Sometimes it seems like MUO/IMG is doing everything they can to kill the pageant.

[> Subject: LMFAO! MUO can't meet their financial targets when it comes to hosting fees so they're now charging viewers to watch something that has always been free. What's next? A fee to access their website?

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:11:33 12/03/19 Tue

[> Subject: I think we have been spoiled over the years by having free events to watch online! I understand charging a small fee if an outside company is coming in and streaming the production. They have to pay them somehow. And honestly, its no different than all the state pageants that I have paid to watch both prelims and finals online.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:49:18 12/04/19 Wed

[> [> Subject: I understand they need to make money, but MUO is also at a precarious time where they need to attract fans, not turn them away. For many places around the world, the average monthly salary is the equivalent of about $150, so asking those fans to pay $20 to watch prelims is really asking a lot.

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:00:07 12/04/19 Wed

I understand they need to make money, but MUO is also at a precarious time where they need to attract fans, not turn them away. For many places around the world, the average monthly salary is the equivalent of about $150, so asking those fans to pay $20 to watch prelims is really asking a lot.

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Message subject (required):

Name (Registered users only):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.