VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: How do we feel about Lu Sierra?

Author:
HRH Galit Sa Bobo
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 20:17:34 12/02/19 Mon

Discuss

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: I could do with any of the three commenters we have had recently. In fact, unless if itís someone amazing, I donít need to hear that at all.

Author:
pixiestix101
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:31:30 12/02/19 Mon

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: I prefer her to someone like Jeannie Mai because at least Lu knows a few things and expresses actual opinions (rather than mindless blather). On the other hand, I find her abrasive. I think she deliberately tries to sound like a drill sergeant to make for better television ("I only need one of you bitches to be my Miss Universe!"), but I can live with out that. I just want honest commentary.

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:50:59 12/02/19 Mon

I prefer her to someone like Jeannie Mai because at least Lu knows a few things and expresses actual opinions (rather than mindless blather). On the other hand, I find her abrasive. I think she deliberately tries to sound like a drill sergeant to make for better television ("I only need one of you bitches to be my Miss Universe!"), but I can live with out that. I just want honest commentary.

[> [> Subject: I think she thinks she's Tyra Banks or somebody. She wishes

Author:
Bless her heart
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:45:11 12/02/19 Mon

[> [> Subject: Jeannie Ma and Ashley Graham are by far the WORST. I prefer the days of Julie Moran and Ali Landry. Remember how much Ali hated Brazil's gown in 1998?! lol

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:20:20 12/03/19 Tue

[> [> [> Subject: Yes, Julie and Ali were the best. They just said what they thought. I also liked when they would make predictions before the final cut and then talk about how they did afterwards.

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:45:36 12/03/19 Tue

Yes, Julie and Ali were the best. They just said what they thought. I also liked when they would make predictions before the final cut and then talk about how they did afterwards.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Ali - "...pleated at the bottom...and at the top??? Interesting...for me it distracts a little..." Julie - "BUT SHE'S SO GORGEOUS...so gorgeous".

Author:
VE (NSI)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:12:02 12/03/19 Tue

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: "She looks like a Grecian goddess."

Author:
HelloTeddy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:56:46 12/05/19 Thu

[> Subject: She's a total conflict of interest. She's MUO's official runway coach yet also coaches privately to several delegates each year. Therefore, she clearly has her favorites and if she is part of the "certain members of the Miss Universe Organization" that determine the semifinalists then she's blatantly unethical.

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:59:37 12/03/19 Tue

[> Subject: Lu does not mince words, she gets to the point. Love her! She is a professional model and is well respected in her industry. Tyra admires Lu!

Author:
Old School Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:27:01 12/03/19 Tue

[> [> Subject: Hi Lu! Glad to see you here

Author:
Wannabe
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:53:25 12/03/19 Tue

[> Subject: She is a great coach. However, if you are an employee of MUO, you should not be judging the delegates nor commenting on who your favorites are in an official capacity. It is just not professional. Pick one or the other: Runway coach or color commentator, but not both for the same pageant.

Author:
Facial
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:41:55 12/03/19 Tue

[> [> Subject: When Lu commentates, she is constructive never destructive with her views. I love her commentary.

Author:
Old School Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:28:27 12/03/19 Tue

[> Subject: Lu is a great coach and great for TV clips - she should definitely be in the telecast. However, when she's worked with the girls for two weeks, I think it paints an unjustified bias of MUO to the viewer when she goes "she's been improving all week" and "she's been my favorite" - it's unnecessary and seems slanted, no matter how well-intentioned.

Author:
Nutley
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:33:07 12/03/19 Tue

[> Subject: I find Lu to provide comic relief to the program, especially during the portion where they show the delegates in rehearsals. Lu hits all of the funny, but true sound bites. Unlike Carson Kressley who has in the past expressed his [negative] opinion in the evening gown segment, Lu, as a color commentator, tends to be positive, upbeat and provides encouragement towards the delegates. As much as the delegatesí style (including evening gown) might not be so desirable, a commentator has to remember that his/her comments are being heard worldwide and no one wants to hear criticism (as much as it might be true) about their state and/or national representative.

Author:
MLB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:37:07 12/03/19 Tue

[> [> Subject: Short and sweet-She is totally biased and I can't stand her.

Author:
PS: she has a very annoying speaking voice
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:13:42 12/03/19 Tue

[> [> Subject: I tend to disagree. I think honest opinions, positive and negative, are what makes the commentary interesting. No one should ever be cruel, of course, but if someone thinks, for example, that a contestant could have picked a gown in a stronger color, then I want to hear that. After all, this *is* a competition.

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:16:59 12/03/19 Tue

I tend to disagree. I think honest opinions, positive and negative, are what makes the commentary interesting. No one should ever be cruel, of course, but if someone thinks, for example, that a contestant could have picked a gown in a stronger color, then I want to hear that. After all, this *is* a competition.

[> Subject: I actually love Lu. I think she has gotten better on live TV. I don't mind her behind the scenes commentary. Ashley Graham and Steve Harvey, fire them both! Ashley only cares about overweight and diversity, and Steve well is pathetic.

Author:
Test
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:36:33 12/03/19 Tue

[> [> Subject: I like Lu as commentator but I agree about the conflict of interest that MU org ignores. I would get rid of Ashley Graham and Steve Harvey... obviously mist people do not like them. I hope the MU org won't renew any contracts.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi (nsi)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:06:42 12/03/19 Tue

[> [> [> Subject: The problem with the new Miss Universe system is that it's not transparent at all. There is no certainty that the so called selection committee of all women is scoring anything. I think they do final vote but everything else is questionable. I think Steve has a 5 year contract not with Miss Universe but his management is Img.

Author:
Test
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:28:35 12/03/19 Tue

[> Subject: Peacockery........nothing more.

Author:
Facil
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:38:09 12/03/19 Tue

[> Subject: I love Lu. And I think she serves and important role not just for production, but for the girl's frame of mind throughout the competition. Speaking with many former contestants, they love Lu as well.

Author:
ICEMAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:02:36 12/04/19 Wed

[> Subject: Lu is a legend in the making.

Author:
WilliamNYC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:03:53 12/04/19 Wed

[> [> Subject: More like a legend in her own mind.

Author:
Absurd that people on here cannot see her bias after another you have to ignore what the president's actions
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:15:58 12/04/19 Wed

[> Subject: I think she should have to decide whether she is the official commentator and a part of the MUO or if she is going to be charging state USA and other national titleholders expensive hourly rates for private coaching. Itís a major conflict of interest and gives girls an unfair advantage if they choose to pay the $$$ to work with her privately. MUO should make the distinction.

Author:
Not fair
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:34:37 12/04/19 Wed

[> Subject: It was pretty obvious during Miss USA 2018 that Lu did not expect Nebraska to make the cut, much less win the pageant. She clearly did not like Sarah. That was one reason Sarah's win gave me great pleasure. ;-)

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:42:18 12/05/19 Thu

It was pretty obvious during Miss USA 2018 that Lu did not expect Nebraska to make the cut, much less win the pageant. That was one reason Sarah's win gave me great pleasure. ;-)

[> [> Subject: She also keeps stressing the importance of runway walk yet time and time again we keep seeing contestants advance who trip all over the place.

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:37:10 12/05/19 Thu

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Message subject (required):

Name (Registered users only):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.