VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Lu is a great coach and great for TV clips - she should definitely be in the telecast. However, when she's worked with the girls for two weeks, I think it paints an unjustified bias of MUO to the viewer when she goes "she's been improving all week" and "she's been my favorite" - it's unnecessary and seems slanted, no matter how well-intentioned.

Author:
Nutley
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 10:33:07 12/03/19 Tue
In reply to: HRH Galit Sa Bobo 's message, "How do we feel about Lu Sierra?" on 20:17:34 12/02/19 Mon

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: I find Lu to provide comic relief to the program, especially during the portion where they show the delegates in rehearsals. Lu hits all of the funny, but true sound bites. Unlike Carson Kressley who has in the past expressed his [negative] opinion in the evening gown segment, Lu, as a color commentator, tends to be positive, upbeat and provides encouragement towards the delegates. As much as the delegatesí style (including evening gown) might not be so desirable, a commentator has to remember that his/her comments are being heard worldwide and no one wants to hear criticism (as much as it might be true) about their state and/or national representative.

Author:
MLB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:37:07 12/03/19 Tue

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Short and sweet-She is totally biased and I can't stand her.

Author:
PS: she has a very annoying speaking voice
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:13:42 12/03/19 Tue

[> [> Subject: I tend to disagree. I think honest opinions, positive and negative, are what makes the commentary interesting. No one should ever be cruel, of course, but if someone thinks, for example, that a contestant could have picked a gown in a stronger color, then I want to hear that. After all, this *is* a competition.

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:16:59 12/03/19 Tue

I tend to disagree. I think honest opinions, positive and negative, are what makes the commentary interesting. No one should ever be cruel, of course, but if someone thinks, for example, that a contestant could have picked a gown in a stronger color, then I want to hear that. After all, this *is* a competition.

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Message subject (required):

Name (Registered users only):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.