VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]

United States of Beauty Board/USB Bubble Board

Pageant Information Sites State Message Board Links Links for the USB Community Links for your posting needs

December 9, 2020
Miss Hawaii Teen USA

December 10, 2020
Miss Hawaii USA

January 9-10, 2021
Miss Alabama USA/Alabama Teen USA

January 15-16, 2021
Miss Louisiana USA/Louisiana Teen USA

Feb 6-7, 2021
Miss New Hampshire USA/New Hampshire Teen USA

Feb 18-20, 2021
Miss Georgia USA/Georgia Teen USA

Feb 26-27, 2021
Miss Kentucky USA/Kentucky Teen USA

February 26-28, 2021
Miss Connecticut USA/Connecticut Teen USA

Feb 28, 2021
Miss Nebraska USA/Nebraska Teen USA

March 5-6, 2021
Miss No. Carolina USA/No. Carolina Teen USA
Miss So. Carolina USA/So. Carolina Teen USA

March 7, 2021
Miss Missouri USA/Missouri Teen USA
Miss Nevada USA/Nevada Teen USA
Miss Vermont USA/Vermont Teen USA

March 12-13, 2021
Miss Mississippi USA/Mississippi Teen USA
Miss Tennessee USA/Tennessee Teen USA

March 13-14, 2021
Miss Massachusetts USA/Teen USA

March 20, 2021
Miss Oregon USA/Oregon Teen USA

March 21, 2021
Miss Washington USA/Washington Teen USA

March 28, 2021
Miss Illinois USA/Illinois Teen USA
Miss Maine USA/Teen USA

April 3, 2021
Miss DC USA/DC Teen USA
Miss Virginia USA/Virginia Teen USA

April 11, 2021
Miss Kansas USA/Kansas Teen USA

April 17-18, 2021
Miss Maryland USA/Maryland Teen USA
Miss Oklahoma USA/Oklahoma Teen USA

April 23-24, 2021
Miss New Jersey USA/New Jersey Teen USA

May 7, 2021
Miss Utah USA/Utah Teen USA

May 23, 2021
Miss Arkansas USA/Arkansas Teen USA

May 28-30, 2021
Miss Texas USA/Texas Teen USA
Dates to be Announced
Alaska
Arizona
California
Colorado
Delaware
Florida
Indiana
Iowa
Michigan
Minnesota
New Mexico
New York
North Dakota
Ohio
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Dakota
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming

Subject: Headshots and Bios

Author:
voyuser
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:16:40 07/16/20 Thu

Now that headshots and bios are up on the Miss USA website and I've been able to thoroughly review the girls 'stories and accomplishments' Here are my Top 15 based on IMG standards:
CO, VT, KY, NM, DC, MA, IL, IA, ID, MI, MT, OR, UT, WV and a 4 way tie among the similar storylines of NY, AZ, CA and OH. Lots of teachers and wanna be NFL sideline reporters this year. Best jobs go to MI, VT and WV. Only two of these 15 girls were on my list based on photographs.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: It is with a heavy heart to announce that Domenick Amato, our current Mr. USB, passed away yesterday from a heart attack. He was 49. Please keep his family, his partner Mike Summers and all that loved him in your prayers.

Author:
USB ModSquad
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:47:42 07/17/20 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Somaly Singh, Miss DC USA 1989

Author:
None
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:45:53 07/27/20 Mon

Sadly, her health care professional husband passed away from Covid.
<a rel=nofollow target=_blank href="https://www.gofundme.com/f/healthcare-providers-in-memory-of-dr-barquet">https://www.gofundme.com/f/healthcare-providers-in-memory-of-dr-barquet</a>

Subject: What If?

Author:
Nudcguy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:56:04 07/26/20 Sun

Would winning a pageant ruin a future success? Would Halle Berry have become an Academy Award winning actress is she won Miss USA? Would Gal Gadot have become Wonder Woman if she had won Miss Universe? As much as I love pageants, I do not think they would have had their success if they won. Unfortunately, there are negative stereotypes about pageant winners. I am glad they did not win.

Replies:
Subject: Excluding the Miss USAís that did not make the cut and the Miss USAís that became Miss Universe, who do you think gave the best and worst performance at Miss Universe from the rest? For me, the best was a toss-up between Hayek, Finnessey, and Sanchez, but Iíll select Shandi as she carried herself well and was genuinely excited for Jennifer. For the worst, itís between Shanley and Marketic, but Iíll go with Mai because of her attitude when she was selected as a SF and her interview. Yours?

Author:
Old Fan/New Name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:57:33 07/22/20 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Which final two was the MOST heartbreaking for you

Author:
eloise
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:41:19 06/18/20 Thu

ie. You wanted both to win and wanted to cry bc one of them wont.

Shelley Hennig and Sonya Balmores.

Shelley is my all time fave Teen ever but Sonya not winning made me so upset.

Last edited by author: Thu June 18, 2020 19:43:02   Edited 1 time.

Replies:
Subject: Interviews with former Miss USAs

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:33:56 07/15/20 Wed

You probably already know this, but lately Cheslie has been talking with former Miss USAs on her Instagram page (https://www.instagram.com/missusa/)

She recently interviewed Alyssa Campanella, Deshauna Barber, Shanna Moakler, and Tara O'Connor.

They are all worth watching, but the chat with Tara is really interesting. First of all, Tara is completely unrecognizable. And she talks frankly about her reign, including how Miss Universe was not a great experience for her because she was high the whole time. I never warmed up to her as Miss USA, but I really enjoyed this interview and appreciate how candid she has been.

Replies:
Subject: Why had no MUO girl won Miss America before?

Author:
Samuel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:28:11 05/17/20 Sun

There has been five former MAO contestants (maybe even more than that if you count Brooke Lee who didnít win Miss Hawaii but went on to win Miss USA and Miss Universe).

But, no MUO girl (at least a contestant that has competed at Miss Teen USA or Miss USA) ever won Miss America. I believe the closest is Jennifer DuPont in Miss America 2005.

It is almost 70 years. Why is that the case? Does MAO have something against MUO?

I feel that MUO has been very kind to MAO, a former Miss America was invited to join Teen USA last year AND three MAO girls made the top 10 at USA 2019 (2 even made top 5).

What is your opinion on this?

Replies:
Subject: Titleholder/contestant who you liked better when she was not competing?

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:50:42 07/14/20 Tue

Who are some titleholders or contestants who you didn't get when they competed in a pageant but who you like much better on social media, videos, etc.

For me, a recent example is Raquel Pelissier, Miss Haiti 2016. I really didn't understand how she made it to first runner-up at Miss Universe. That had to do at least partially with her styling: the hair parted down the middle and the long ponytail. But when I have watched her YouTube channel and seen her in other videos/photos, I think she is great.

Replies:
Subject: If I could turn back time...

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:01:37 07/17/20 Fri

If I could find a way...

I'd swap out one quarter-finalist for Japan just so we could have seen this Chick-fil-A Thanksgiving centerpiece monstrosity during the live telecast.

9.99!

Last edited by author: Fri July 17, 2020 23:02:30   Edited 1 time.

Replies:
Subject: Miss USA 2015

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:32:08 07/05/20 Sun

Can you believe it has been 5 years already since this notorious and fascinating pageant? You can rewatch it here...

This was the pageant that was broadcast on Reelz after... um... certain controversies (let's not go there). I have to say, it was actually a very good production, and I liked having former titleholders as the judges.

Before the pageant, my favorites were Kentucky, Arizona, Nevada, and California (who missed the cut). This was the year two "celebrity sisters" missed the cut: NC, Julia Dalton (Kristen Dalton's sister) and UT, Nicol Powell (Marissa Powell's sister).

There's lots to say, but a few thoughts on some of the semifinalists.

OKLAHOMA: After the question round, Olivia was the only viable winner, so I don't question her win, but she was never a favorite of mine with that crazed open-mouth laugh and the tear-jerking video.

NEVADA: I loved her and was disappointed she didn't go farther. She had a stumble in gown, survived that, but was done in by the question round. After this year they made some changes to make sure the YouTube moments didn't happen anymore. (I think contestants at least get a list of possible topics now, which seems to have helped.)

RHODE ISLAND: She was great till evening gown. Although the gown was avant garde, she couldn't walk properly in it and everything went downhill from there.

DELAWARE: The curse was finally broken, and in a very good way. I loved Renee and wish she had been in the Top 5.

MICHIGAN: I really liked Rashontae. If you remember, she also had the hot dad! I don't know what she was thinking with her gown choice, which looked like the ghost from a Scooby Doo cartoon.

ARIZONA: She was my initial pick to win, but she was lacking a bit of spark on finals night.

VIRGINIA: I had very mixed feelings about her. She was probably too muscular in swimsuit and looked a bit too intense with her hair slicked back, but there was something very appealing about her.

A few miscellaneous thoughts: Nia looked great (as always) for her final walk ... This was the last year that Miss USA was somewhat predictable (I think many people picked Olivia to win); once IMG took over it became anybody's guess ... Julie Alexandria, the commentator, was much better than Jeannie Mai ... I loved Delaware and Alaska, both in yellow, as co-winners of Miss Congeniality.

For all its controversy and craziness, I thought this was actually a good pageant and probably the strongest Top 15 of the decade.

Curious to know your thoughts!

Replies:
Subject: Favourite transformation ever?

Author:
Aussie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:43:25 06/16/20 Tue

I'll start. One of my favourite transformations ever is Ly Jonaitis. At her crowning as Miss Venezuela 2006 she had jet black hair, black heavy eye liner and bright red lipstick... by the time arrived at Miss Universe 2007 she looked like a soft, gorgeous, brunette GODDESS!

Replies:
Subject: Updated dates for state USA pageants !

Author:
USB ModSquad
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:52:15 07/17/20 Fri

The following states have confirmed this past week changes to their 2021 pageants :

Alabama, Jan 9-10
Arkansas, May 23
Georgia, Feb 18-20
Illinois, Mar 28
Kansas, Apr 11
Mississippi, Mar 11-13
Missouri, Mar 7
Nebraska, Feb 28
North Carolina, Mar 5-6
Oklahoma, Apr 18
South Carolina, Mar 5-6
Tennessee, Mar 11-13

Replies:
Subject: Miss France and their twins

Author:
eloise
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:14:42 07/15/20 Wed

Camille Cerf and MaŽva CouckeĎ twin sisters

Replies:
Subject: ICYMI Olivia Culpo is one of 3 models appearing on the cover of the 2020 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue hitting newsstands next week. So she has set another first as a Miss Universe.

Author:
Anon
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:06:43 07/15/20 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Miss USA 2011

Author:
Sarah
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:57:41 07/09/20 Thu

I was randomly watching the Miss USA 2011 pageant the other day (you can find the full pageant on YouTube)

I just wanted to say that this was the last real group of STRONG girls that I can recall. I HATED how they announced the top 15 by geographical region and I am so glad that they didn't continue doing that.

I think Ana Rodriguez had the whole state of TX in the audience supporting her that year too because people were PISSED when she didn't win. To be fair, she was robbed and totally would have done better than Alyssa at Miss Universe. Miss TN was SO patty and I don't know how the heck she placed as far as she did.

Replies:
Subject: Random but who is the most wealthy titleholder from the last decade?

Author:
ak
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:40:18 07/09/20 Thu

My guess- Yliana Guerra.

Replies:
Subject: I think kim aikin competed in sc teen usa the year shannon pelerin won.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:47:17 07/13/20 Mon

Subject: Bear with me as Iím trying to connect current events to pageants. If I was Miss USA and had to make my farewell speech now, it would replicate the tone of Wendy Dascombís farewell speech in 1970. https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3ad0n

Author:
Old Fan/New Name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:46:36 07/05/20 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Question: I haven't been on the board for a while so let me ask: are these dates that we see for the state pageants definite?

Author:
?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:07:59 07/08/20 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Why are we 4 months into Covid19, and MUO has yet to announce any sort of plans?

Author:
Pixie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:24:16 07/09/20 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Hahaha 5. A message to all the kids: just be smoking hot and you'll do fine

Author:
eloise
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:27:06 07/08/20 Wed

Top Ten Things I'd Like To Say Now That I'm Miss Universe (as presented by Amelia Bega of the Dominican Republic)

10. First thing I'm gonna do is pardon Martha Stewart
9. Don't bother asking for my number unless you're Mr. Universe
8. Without makeup, I look like Don Rickles
7. Not only am I Miss Universe -- I have just been named editor of "The New York Times"
6. My accent is fake
5. A message to all the kids: just be smoking hot and you'll do fine
4. Now that I got the title, I'm just gonna sit on my ass and eat pancakes
3. Tomorrow the tiara goes on e-bay
2. I can't believe Letterman cut his finger making spaghetti -- what a jackass
1. I corked my bra

Subject: Miss Teen USA 2013

Author:
CC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:26:47 06/05/20 Fri

Does anyone know why the 2013 Miss Teen USA Pageant isn't allowed on YouTube in its entirety? I have found several others from the 2010s that have the full show.

Replies:
Subject: Which early fav of yours was DOA?

Author:
eloise
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:36:07 07/04/20 Sat

Last edited by author: Sat July 04, 2020 13:58:10   Edited 3 times.

Replies:
Subject: .

Author:
HIM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:49:13 07/07/20 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Can you name a favorite pageant, winner, contestant, venue, stage setting, etc? I want hear from everyone, but especially those who watched pageants from the 1960ís forward. I will start: Most simple and most grand setting: MU 1973, the Odeon of Herodes Atticus. Yours?

Author:
Old Fan/New Name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:55:01 06/03/20 Wed

Replies:
Subject: November?

Author:
Gail
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:25:21 06/16/20 Tue

Is the rumor true Miss USA and Miss Teen USA will be held in November?

Replies:
Subject: Pageant All-Stars?

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:40:34 06/29/20 Mon

Normally this time of year is baseball's all-star game, which, of course, ain't happening.

But it got me to thinking about my pageant all-star teams.

Here are my choices (in random order) for the all-star Tops 5s, based on titleholders since 2000.

****Miss USA****
Nia Sanchez (2014)
Crystle Stewart (2008)
Shandi Finnessey (2004)
Susie Castillo (2003)
Olivia Culpo (2012)

****Miss Universe****
Catriona Gray (2018)
Iris Mittenaere (2016)
Dayana Mendoza (2008)
Ximena Navarrete (2010)
Zozibini Tunzi (2019)

****Miss Teen USA****
Katherine Haik (2015)
Allie LaForce (2005)
Cassidy Wolf (2013)
Marissa Whitley (2001)
Stormi Henley (2009)

Who makes your team?

Replies:
Subject: Shanna Moakler Reveals She Tested Positive for COVID-19

Author:
no name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:57:45 07/03/20 Fri

Shanna Moakler has tested positive for COVID-19. The former Playmate revealed her test results with her followers in a series of videos posted on her Instagram story on Thursday.

"I got my test results back yesterday and I am indeed COVID positive. They think I'm in around day seven," Moakler -- who had previously shared that she had been "really sick the last four, five days" -- explained. "I've had different symptoms from fever, chills, coughing," she continued, adding that she's just mostly exhausted.

Moakler also shared that she has a great doctor and nutritionist who have been helping her "boost her immune system" and help her "fight this."

"I just know a bunch of you guys have been sending me such sweet messages and I have a really great support team of friends and family who are keeping my spirits up," she noted, adding, "Otherwise I am in full rest mode."

Replies:
Main index ] [ Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.