VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: 2020 MUO Milestones

Author:
Basketball_Fan
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 14:09:04 12/23/19 Mon

With the new year (and decade) a little over a week away, let's look ahead to the MUO titleholders that will be marking milestone birthdays and milestone winning anniversaries in 2020.

Birthdays
25th: Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters (June 28)
30th: Nia Sanchez (February 15), Alyssa Campanella (March 21), Stevi Perry (July 5), Stefania Fernandez (September 4), Stormi Henley (December 6)
40th: Denise Quinones (September 9), Vanessa Minnillo (November 9)
60th: Jineane Ford (was 20 @ Miss USA 1980), Julie Hayek (October 4)
70th: Tanya Wilson (June 13), Amanda Jones (October 28)
75th: Sue Downey (May 8), Bobbie Johnson (was 19 @ MU 1964)
80th: Terry Lynn Huntington (May 8)
90th: Jackie Loughery (April 18)

Winning Anniversaries
10th: Rima Fakih (May 16), Kamie Crawford (July 24), Ximena Navarrette (August 23)
20th: Lynette Cole (February 4), Lara Dutta (May 12), Jillian Parry (August 26)
25th: Keely Sanders (August 15)
30th: Carole Gist (March 2), Mona Grudt (April 15), Bridgette Wilson (July 16)
40th: Shawn Weatherly (May 15 and July 7)
50th: Deborah Shelton (May 16), Marisol Malaret (July 11)

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Thanks for this list! Wow, 50 years since Debbie Shelton was crowned. Miss USA 1970 is the first pageant I can remember watching. The second was Miss Universe 1970, which was my first pageant heartbreak (and still one of the worst), LOL.

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:57:29 12/23/19 Mon

Thanks for this list! Wow, 50 years since Debbie Shelton was crowned. Miss USA 1970 is the first pageant I can remember watching. The second was Miss Universe 1970, which was my first pageant heartbreak (and still one of the worst), LOL.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Miss USA 1970 and Miss Universe 1970 were the first pageants I can remember watching as well. It was the year my family got our first color television set. I remember thinking all the colors of the pageant were so beautiful, and I couldn't believe that someone as beautiful as Debbie Shelton could exist as I sat there watching her crowning moment and victory walk close-up.

Author:
nostalgic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:31:36 12/23/19 Mon

[> [> [> Subject: Wow, you were ahead of us. We were strictly black and white. Color TVs were "dangerous" LOL. I don't think we got one till the mid-70s. But even in black and white, those pageants were a big deal in my eyes.

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:37:39 12/23/19 Mon

Wow, you were ahead of us. We were strictly black and white. Color TVs were "dangerous" LOL. I don't think we got one till the mid-70s. But even in black and white, those pageants were a big deal in my eyes.

[> Subject: Let me add for the 25th crowning anniversary... Universe’s Chelsi Smith.

Author:
Gone but never forgotten. That’s still feels unreal to me
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:14:28 12/23/19 Mon

[> [> Subject: Yes, 2020 would have been the 25th anniversary of Chelsi Smith's wins at Miss USA and Miss Universe.

Author:
I agree, it is hard to believe she is no longer with us.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:44:44 01/01/20 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: It STILL IS the 25th anniversary of Chelsi's victories, just because she's no longer with us doesn't mean we can't celebrate her victories and honor her memory.

Author:
NSI
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:22:05 01/02/20 Thu

[> Subject: I’m aware I’m in the minority with my opinion, but I consider Debbie Shelton’s placement to be correct. I align it to Julie Hayek’s placement. Both did well in SS and EG, but Marisol and Lorraine had the personality spark.

Author:
Old Fan/New Name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:48:19 01/02/20 Thu

[> [> Subject: Sort of like Deborah Cathy. Hideous, but she had the personality.

Author:
Test
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:20:36 01/02/20 Thu

[> [> [> Subject: I just loved Deborah and still do! She was such a deserving USA winner, and for me her not winning Universe is one of my biggest Universe injustices ever. But regardless, she has had an amazing career is a model, actress, host, etc.

Author:
IMO
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:57:48 01/02/20 Thu

[> [> [> [> Subject: By the way, I mean Debbie Shelton...

Author:
being clear lol
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:14:19 01/02/20 Thu

[> [> Subject: I feel Debbie should have won Universe! She has such a stunning face that is timeless! She still is one of the most beautiful Miss Usas ever crowned and would’ve been one of the most beautiful Miss Universes had she won. The Barbie like eyes and facial features are amazing. She was robbed at Miss Universe!!

Author:
Samuel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:06:53 01/04/20 Sat

[> [> Subject: I would only agree with those posters in support of Debbie Shelton if I witnessed the preliminary interview. IMO, a good preliminary interview can follow a delegate all the way to the crown.

Author:
Old Fan/New Name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:29:44 01/04/20 Sat

[> [> [> Subject: I'm not denying Debbie's beauty and style, I just think her placement at MU was correct.

Author:
Old Fan/New Name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:45:44 01/04/20 Sat

[> [> Subject: You’re Puerto Rican. You think every Puerto Rican should win and get super hostile when others disagree and you often bash Miss USA winners. Debbie ran circles around that peasant

Author:
Just A Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:23:54 01/04/20 Sat

[> [> [> Subject: Funny how you accuse this person of getting hostile (they didn't, you did), and accuse them of bashing (they didn't, you did by referring to Marisol as a "peasant").

Author:
The irony
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:23:40 01/11/20 Sat

[> Subject: It’s also hard to believe Jackie will be 90 this year! Anyone knows how she’s been and what she’s up to?!

Author:
:)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:15:25 01/02/20 Thu

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Message subject (required):

Name (Registered users only):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.