VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: I agree on Gabriella's win. Seeing Venezuela win its 17th crown with a super generic contestant over the stunnigly beautiful Spain was a major head scratcher. I think this might have even been the first case of wrongly read results. Even the camera man focused on Patricia.

Author:
David
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 15:20:21 12/25/19 Wed

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: I think Venezuela won fairly but Spain was the total package. The crowning off just off they announced Venezuela then neither Spain or Venezuela heard so they stood there unti finally Olivia comes and crowns her. Then 30 seconds later the telecast was over.

Author:
Test
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:14:19 12/25/19 Wed

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: Gabriela proved us wrong. I thought she did not do that well at prelims and I thought she might be out of top 15. The evening gown presentation was very mature. Had it been Mrs Universe or Mrs World, she would have won hands down. But that maturity both in looks and in personality was actually refreshing. Gabriela is polished but not fake, she comes across as very real, very tangible if you know what I mean. And she was very strong in SS. I am happy she co-directs Miss Venezuela now. I am tired of antica of directors like Osmel, Lupita, etc where some national winners are not treated properly. I much prefer someone like Gabriela or Sylvie Tellier as director.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi (nsi)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:21:25 12/25/19 Wed

[> [> Subject: Sylvie Tellier is also quite personable in person, a real doll both beauty and personality wise. Lupita is one cold beyotch and age has only hardened her further. I've taken pictures with both. Sylvie looks like she could represent France today. Lupita obliged but I demanded I walk closer to her to take the shot (as opposed to her coming to me). Osmel I've taken about 100 photos with and contrary to his diva antics, he's actually quite nice and willing to pose if you ask (he's tiny though - think 5'6).

Author:
Philippines' old national director was also another stiff. Magaly Febles of PR/DR also another sweetheart and even tinier than Osmel.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:18:33 12/30/19 Mon

[> [> [> Subject: I agree. Sylvie is such an improvement over Genevieve de Fontenay and her antics. That woman really loved the spotlight. I never liked Lupita but the fact that she once fired Miss Workd Mexico for apparently being out if shape. This was a total lie, as that lady... showed up the same day on a talk show in perfect shape. Magalu does DR and Hauti these days as she had given up on PR franchise a few years ago. As of Osmel, maybe he is not mean per se but seems self centered and superficial with what he has said over the years. Though of course, comparing to Lupita... I'd prefer Osmel any day of the week.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi (nsi)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:48:38 12/30/19 Mon

[> [> [> [> Subject: No doubt Osmel is a tough national director but his results speak for themselves. Lupita OTOH, not so much, and it'd be safe to say many of the Mexican reps did well inspite of her. Quinones seems to be making an impact as a national director, so we'll probably see PR win again this decade. As well as host.

Author:
Mundotele
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:57:31 12/30/19 Mon

[> [> [> [> Subject: Magali has not been in charged of Haiti since 2016. Raquel Pelissier won Miss Haiti and competed in MU under the new director Chris Puessan, who's been the director since. Magali didn't give up the PR franchise. She lost it to Desiree Lowry in 2009 and to this day still cries about it. Just the other day she said that she's always available to become PR's ND again should the position become available, and for years always criticized Desiree for "stealing the franchise" from her. Desiree then lost the franchise to local TV channel WAPA in 2018, which appointed Denise Quinones as national director. Osmel stepped down as Venezuela's ND last year. Was offered the franchises for Argentina and Uruguay this year and is already saying that he's not sure if he wants to continue in charge of those for next year.

Author:
>>
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:59:21 12/31/19 Tue

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Thanks for the updates. Desiree Lowry's years did not produce FRUITFUL results. As for Osmel, I thought Uruguay was very strong and could have easily made semis. Her mannerisms reminded me of Carolina Izsak quite a lot. But let's face facts. Both franchises are financially insignificant. There are not that many Argentinians... let alone Uruguayans in the States... so Telemundo does not benefit that much from them... and both countries are not too crazy about pageants. That is why, I am not surprised Osmel would choose not to continue. Let's remember that Ines Ligron did not have a single semi finalist in either Mslaysia or Singapore.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi (nsi)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:13:21 12/31/19 Tue

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Oh the conspiracies again. This is why I usually refrain from responding to you. As irrelevant to the discussion as it might be, you always find the way to present these conspiracies which are meant to imply that Latinas donít do well because they deserve it, or because the judges like them, but because of Telemundo, even though Telemundo wasnít affiliated with the MUO in any way from 2015 to 2018, and nevertheless a Latina contestant was always part of the Top 3. Anyways, youíre welcome from putting you up to date with stuff that most people who follow this closely, are aware of.

Author:
Youíre welcome
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:46:33 12/31/19 Tue

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Honey. Azteca was still there all these years. It's not as if there were no Hispanic channel. Moreover, Azteca caters mostly to Mecican American clientele while Telemunfo is more international. Sweetheart, nowadays even with Telemundo it will be more difficult for Latinas to win as Southeast Asia went completely gaga over MU!

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi (nsi)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:51:22 12/31/19 Tue

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Azteca and yet Mexico failed to place in 2017 and 2018. Not sure what that proves. Azteca doesn't care about Colombia, Venezuela or Puerto Rico. It's a Mexican TV channel. But don't worry. I know that your mind is programmed to find an ulterior motive whenever there's an outcome that you disagree with. You're not equipped to even consider the possibility that other people can find beauty where you don't see it.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:57:30 12/31/19 Tue

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: I do. Though you should not ignore political correctness and groupthink in these decisions. Anyways, in this New Year 2020 I will focus on harmony and will feature in a few days the Miss MamaSista 2020 competition... that is a mix of mamacita and sista and the goal will be to honor the 20 girls that represented PR at MU this century... plus we will add 5 dark horses from other pageants. I will emphasize the positive sides of these 25 Boricua women in short descriptions and the Bubble Board will choose our Miss MamaSista 2020. This will be a great idea to bring our community together this January!

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi (nsi)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:11:44 01/01/20 Wed

[> Subject: I donít think the judges were wrong crowning her. I thought she was beautiful but imo, we had our blinders on for Patricia maybe? It was a tough call.

Author:
eloise
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:46:43 12/26/19 Thu

[> [> Subject: Venezuela was just so "safe" in 2013. Spain was on fire.

Author:
But those were the Telemundo days and Spain is still Europe and not Latin America
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:21:13 12/30/19 Mon

[> [> Subject: Just imagine, had Patricia won, we would have our first out lesbian Miss Universe titleholder.

Author:
Progressive
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:21:04 12/31/19 Tue

[> Subject: Molly was a great choice (her reign proved it), but Patricia was sublime.

Author:
Molly waa more put together overall, but I would have still crowned Patrcia, that Face!!a
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:33:17 01/04/20 Sat

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Message subject (required):

Name (Registered users only):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.