[ Edit | View ]
Date Posted: 14:45:12 12/26/19 Thu
High points for me:
1) The pageant going back to having a woman who are not only beautiful but can speak eloquently is back
2) Seeing Miss USA win Miss Universe in 2012,
3) Seeing Vietnam 2018, H'Hen Nie make history for her country in being the first woman from her country to be in the top 5 at MU, (I think she should have been even higher than that), a well deserved placement for a woman who is not only physically beautiful, but with such a big heart. Hope she started a trend and spark for Vietnam at MU, much like Madhu Sapre did for India in 1992
3) Speaking of which, to me the 2018 MU pageant was the best pageant in production in my opinion, I loved the long runway, the music, everything worked, great job Thailand,
4) Seeing new countries become apart of MU, Sierra Leone, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Laos and Iraq to name a few, hoping they continue to compete in the future
5) Seeing Leila Lopes win MU in 2011, becoming only the second Black African to ever win the MU title.
6) The suspense they do in announcing the results, it ups the anxiety and eagerness, at least for me
1) Steve Harvey, his schtick is getting old now, and his jokes are hit or miss, time for a new host or two
2) Seeing MU staff actually moping up the floor in the MIDDLE of the preliminaries, lol, I never saw that before, embarrasing.
3) The little time the winner gets to do her traditional walk of victory for the first time as the new MU, the winner should get her moment, cut some of the musical acts, but make that happen again MUO
4) Announcing the result of the winner and the 1st runner up, I never liked the new way they do it now. I rather they go back to saying the 1st runner up first and then the new winner.
5) Get rid of the top 20 statement to determine the top 10 finalists, I think that is unfair and biased to those who speak English well, like the 1st runner up Miss Phillipines said at MU 2012, it shouldnt matter how well someone speak English, MU is about connecting to people and that is not limited to one language (she said more and im paraphrasing a bit), but the gist of what she said I agree totally with, one can speak their native tounge and still be a great MU.
I think instead their should be a competition on the top 20 semifinalists, maybe a fashion model, catwalk session, to see who show the most stage presence, that is natural and unforced, and that combined with their overall look, determine the top 10, at least then its something that puts the delegates in a fairer playing field in my opinion.
Last edited by author: Fri December 27, 2019 09:21:23
Edited 1 time.
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]