VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Highs: The USA's placements in 2012 and 2014. Lows: My disinterest in pageants as to the point of not even watching them. And this is coming from someone who got excited over seeing the commercials on CBS. The only guarantee in life is change, but it doesn't have to be liked!

Author:
Old Fan/New Name
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 07:47:18 12/26/19 Thu
In reply to: Doot 's message, "The MUO decade in review" on 16:30:04 12/22/19 Sun

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Click in for my reply:

Author:
facts-therealone
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:45:12 12/26/19 Thu

High points for me:

1) The pageant going back to having a woman who are not only beautiful but can speak eloquently is back

2) Seeing Miss USA win Miss Universe in 2012,

3) Seeing Vietnam 2018, H'Hen Nie make history for her country in being the first woman from her country to be in the top 5 at MU, (I think she should have been even higher than that), a well deserved placement for a woman who is not only physically beautiful, but with such a big heart. Hope she started a trend and spark for Vietnam at MU, much like Madhu Sapre did for India in 1992

3) Speaking of which, to me the 2018 MU pageant was the best pageant in production in my opinion, I loved the long runway, the music, everything worked, great job Thailand,

4) Seeing new countries become apart of MU, Sierra Leone, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Laos and Iraq to name a few, hoping they continue to compete in the future

5) Seeing Leila Lopes win MU in 2011, becoming only the second Black African to ever win the MU title.

6) The suspense they do in announcing the results, it ups the anxiety and eagerness, at least for me

Low Points:

1) Steve Harvey, his schtick is getting old now, and his jokes are hit or miss, time for a new host or two

2) Seeing MU staff actually moping up the floor in the MIDDLE of the preliminaries, lol, I never saw that before, embarrasing.

3) The little time the winner gets to do her traditional walk of victory for the first time as the new MU, the winner should get her moment, cut some of the musical acts, but make that happen again MUO

4) Announcing the result of the winner and the 1st runner up, I never liked the new way they do it now. I rather they go back to saying the 1st runner up first and then the new winner.

5) Get rid of the top 20 statement to determine the top 10 finalists, I think that is unfair and biased to those who speak English well, like the 1st runner up Miss Phillipines said at MU 2012, it shouldnt matter how well someone speak English, MU is about connecting to people and that is not limited to one language (she said more and im paraphrasing a bit), but the gist of what she said I agree totally with, one can speak their native tounge and still be a great MU.

I think instead their should be a competition on the top 20 semifinalists, maybe a fashion model, catwalk session, to see who show the most stage presence, that is natural and unforced, and that combined with their overall look, determine the top 10, at least then its something that puts the delegates in a fairer playing field in my opinion.

Last edited by author: Fri December 27, 2019 09:21:23   Edited 1 time.
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

[> [> Subject: Interesting additions. Yes, the announcement "we're going to take a short break to mop the floor" was definitely an unprecedented low point, LOL.

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:00:57 12/26/19 Thu

Interesting additions. Yes, the announcement "we're going to take a short break to mop the floor" was definitely an unprecedented low point, LOL.

[> [> [> Subject: LOL, I have never seen that before at any MUO pageant, and I have been watching them live since 1979, when I was little. I couldnt believe what I was seeing.

Author:
facts-therealone
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:17:05 12/27/19 Fri

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Message subject (required):

Name (Registered users only):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.