VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Helped by the right styling / hurt by the wrong styling

Author:
Doot
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 20:07:32 01/01/20 Wed

Who are some MUO contestants who were really helped by having the right styling? And who were some contestants who were really hurt by the wrong styling?

Here are two that occur to me...

The right styling...
Kosovo, Marigona Dragusha, at Miss Universe 2009. She ended up as 2nd runner up, which I think is incredible. But I think it was mainly due to perfect styling in EG. She was channeling Audrey Hepburn in the elegant sapphire blue gown and the bun.

The wrong styling...
Canada, Siera Bearchell, at Miss Universe 2016. I really liked her, and thought she was great overall, but everything seemed wrong with her styling, both in the up-close videos and in the EG competition. Even she admitted in her recent YouTube videos that she hated that gown. (I forget what the story is about why she was stuck with it.)

Who stands out to you?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Hurt (in the most recent way possible): GEORGIA's Katerina Rozmajzl. Everything about her styling was the most ultimate over-the-top. Had she listened to us fans (yeah, right), she would've gone with neutral makeup, gone a tad darker blonde & "lightened up" (pun intended) on the spray tanning and could've had a chance to place. She was the most polarizing contestant of 2019, if not the whole decade.

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:23:58 01/01/20 Wed

Last edited by author: Wed January 01, 2020 20:28:31   Edited 5 times.
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

[> Subject: I would say two beautiful Miss USAs: Alyssa and Erin--loved them both when they won but hated the way they were styled for Miss Universe. Alyssa's gown was ridiculously plain and unmemorable, and poor Erin Brady-first they dressed her up like a pinball machine for the costume parade and then they put her in that "busy" red gown for gown competition.

Author:
ah diversity
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:56:09 01/01/20 Wed

[> [> Subject: Alyssa was wayyyy too skinny at Universe. She was amazing when she won in that green dress.

Author:
Loved her
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:16:10 01/01/20 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: Alyssa looked a hot mess at miss Universe. They blammed it on the weather and some condition she has. Nonetheless, she was horrible. Erin looked too sexy at miss Universe which did not work in gown because she is not a sexy woman to begin with. Olivia looked horrid in prelim gown at miss Universe but someone came to her defense because she didn't look like Martha Washington on finals

Author:
Test
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:43:20 01/01/20 Wed

[> Subject: Great question. The absolute worst is Miss Oregon at Miss USA 2010. Her hair was a hot mess.

Author:
Test
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:41:03 01/01/20 Wed

[> Subject: Sierra had no business in the top 16 at miss Universe. She was entirely too overweight. I like her better now.

Author:
Test
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:46:02 01/01/20 Wed

[> Subject: The day Osmel gave Miss Uruguay five kids and a minivan

Author:
eloise
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:09:08 01/01/20 Wed

[> [> Subject: Happy New Year btw.

Author:
eloise
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:12:32 01/01/20 Wed

[> [> Subject: That was funny.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:12:38 01/02/20 Thu

[> Subject: Jazz Wilkins Miss GA USA 2012. Always thought her styling was perfection.

Author:
South star
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:39:23 01/02/20 Thu

[> Subject: Perfect: Shandi at Miss USA 2004. Everything was perfect. At Miss Universe, her styling was repetitive and perfect but regardless, it was not going to be a win over JHawk.

Author:
Test
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:12:53 01/03/20 Fri

[> Subject: Two contestants I can think of who overcame only marginal beauty to place in the semi-finals due to a combination of styling and stage presence, are Michelle Leonardo (NJ / T10 / 2012) and Whitney Wandland (IL / T5 / 2017).

Author:
Think Whitney should have won in 2017
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:38:28 01/03/20 Fri

[> Subject: What did they do to Oxana in 2002? Her look in preliminary evening gown (didn't care for her at all) and her transformation into WOW on finals night was incredible.

Author:
SeminoleNation
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:18:11 01/03/20 Fri

[> [> Subject: I think that was her choice but it is well documented that she had preferential treatment. If I recall she arrived in Puerto Rico on a private jet. She didn't look great during prelims her gown was horrible but man on finals...

Author:
Test
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:10:27 01/04/20 Sat

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Message subject (required):

Name (Registered users only):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.