VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: I wonder how many other Miss USAs were resentful towards the Miss Universes that defeated them.

Author:
There are a few years where I suspect Miss USA and Miss Universe did not get along.
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 16:02:35 01/11/20 Sat
In reply to: KiwiGuy 's message, "Lorraine in her autobiography "life, loss, and love" confirmed this. There is a chapter dedicated for her Miss Universe journey. She said she never warmed up to Julie because she made her feel she did not deserve to win the crown. That chapter of her book is very interesting. I can screenshot the chapter if anyone would love to read her tidbits regarding her Miss Universe journey." on 13:37:36 01/09/20 Thu

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Indiaís Sushmita Sen and USA Lu Parker comes to mind

Author:
TLS2.0
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:11:10 01/12/20 Sun

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Lu didn't make top 3 and there was no way she was winning miss Universe. How about Nia and Colombia in 2014?

Author:
Test
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:16:48 01/12/20 Sun

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Shandi didnít huge Jen. Iím not sure if they got along or not. Iíd also be curious about when Miss USA won and how her runner up felt. I wonder if there was any resentment . I kind of got a weird vibe between Nana and Olivia.

Author:
K
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:47:10 01/12/20 Sun

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: I'm guessing Cheryl Patton was thrilled to be Miss USA 1967. With Susan Bradley refusing to take over due to her career, Cheryl must have thought-what a chance.

Author:
Old Fan/New Name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:48:05 01/12/20 Sun

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Shandi and Jennifer Hawkins did hug prior to the announcement of winner, they looked to have some very nice moments before the announcement.

Author:
VE
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:39:13 01/13/20 Mon

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: I've heard Shandi say once or twice that they were both aware of the urban legend that the contestant whose hands are on top will win, and so they were both sort of scrambling to get their hands on top. If you watch just before the announcement, you can see a bit of that battle, LOL.

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:22:11 01/13/20 Mon

I've heard Shandi say once or twice that they were both aware of the urban legend that the contestant whose hands are on top will win, and so they were both sort of scrambling to get their hands on top. If you watch just before the announcement, you can see a bit of that battle, LOL.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Shandi was 100% happy for JHawk. Olivia and Nana remain questionable. Olivia had no business winning miss universe. And Nana was a serious loser state hopper who inherited the crown and seemed to hate every minute of it.

Author:
Test
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:58:44 01/13/20 Mon

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: After the 2nd runner-up is announced, a viewer can clearly read Shandi's lips telling Jen, "We're going to be roommates," indicating to Jen that she'll be the winner.

Author:
Shandi is a class act.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:05:07 01/13/20 Mon

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Message subject (required):

Name (Registered users only):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.