VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: 10 posters of yesteryear that you are missing!

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi (nsi)
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 14:52:09 01/15/20 Wed

My dearest fellows Bubble Boarders!
We all cherish friendships that we have forged in this community over the years.
What are the 10 former posters (that are either alive or that passed away) that you miss the most? Write your top 10 and say why. If you do not have a top 10, please share your top 5 or top 3 and say why you did appreciate them.

Here is my top 10 in no particular order:

Meemaw - I absolutely adored their reviews of pageants and quirky, sophisticated approach to pageantry. I loved their directness, even if I admit it did rub me the wrong way at times. Meemaw chose to have kept their identity secret. Many claimed that he was Kim Tomes, others that he was one of the GuyRex guys. In an interview, Meemaw revealed he was a male. He battled a serious illness and I hope it all went well.

catalina - If Meemaw was extremely polished, the unpolished side of Catalina has charmed everyone over the years. Her direct, at times, raw posts showed an extreme vulnerability and yet a wholesome personality. At first, I thought catalina was Hispanic due to multiple mistakes in her "interventions", but it turned out she is not. And who can't forget her love of cats.

Marjukka - This emotional lady was one of the central personas of the message board in the 1990s. An exquisite, fragile flower if there was one. This Finniah retro beauty was oozing with wholesomeness.

Jimmy Steele - One of the purest souls in pageantry. So real, so beautiful inside. Jimmy fron Toronto had to hide his extremely young age in the 1990s. A bookworm and a multilingual, sophisticated individual... he actually became a lawyer!

Hooked - A feisty Republican lady from the South. I absolutely adore Marianne. We disagreed and argued on so many things over the years. Be it a different preference of pageant winners, be it politics, be it what happened on Oasis message board. But I believe both of us, as devoted Christians, truly better understand the reality of what this life is all about after our experience on the Bubbld Board.

punky (punkyPrincess) - This firmer state titleholder and Miss Congeniality has been one of the sweetest and most tangible additions to this message board. Cute as a pie and very friendly... she emphasized that wholesomenes we all appreciate in friendships.

JennNYC - I absolutely adore Jenn. This Caribbean lady from New York is probably the poster with whom I agreed the most among my 10 posters I mention. She has the chops to be a perfect pageant judge. So real, so true to herself.... there is nothing but positive things to say about her.

Danny-boy - This guy truly loves his island of Puerto Rico and its culture. A.pageant aficionado, he became a lawyer and is smart to boot. I argued with him quite a lot, as I wasn't a fan of many Puerto Rican queens... but there is simply that STRIKING zsa zsa zsa that he embodies... that ingenue vibe that you rarely detect in males.

KreloK - This Miami based model was one of the most interesting posters on "American Beauty" when Rican/Test was the moderator. KreloK offered an interesting perspective with the emphasis on Hispanic community.

oz-USB (x) - This Kiwi poster has many fans and some detractors. But who cannot appreciate her thirst for life and her work including getting so many past results of pageants in one place as well as her informative, comprehensive roundups. She has made some mistakes, some of them included Oasis... but she truly recovered and became a better person!

And now, your turn. Who are the 10 posters that you miss the most?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: I remember Floozie, she had a witty sense of humor. JennNYC was also good too.

Author:
WilliamNYC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:44:46 01/15/20 Wed

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: I absolutely adored Floozie Castillo and miss her. This Filipina lady from Chicago is inspiring. She was working with and helping LGBTQ2 communities before it was en vogue.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi (nsi)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:45:31 01/15/20 Wed

[> Subject: How on earth did I miss the cut? But I guess I'm still around lol

Author:
Original Rican
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:47:39 01/16/20 Thu

[> [> Subject: That's why. ;) Who would be the ones that you are missing?

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi (nsi)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:02:03 01/16/20 Thu

[> [> [> Subject: Actually everyone you mentioned. so many people have left or are no longer with us. That transition from boards to social media had a big impact but even that has subsided.

Author:
Original Rican
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:03:56 01/17/20 Fri

[> Subject: I miss Kurara Chupana. She is a queen of all voy fora.

Author:
Amigo Latino
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:33:49 01/16/20 Thu

[> [> Subject: Who knew that Miss Universe Japan 2006 was a member on here?? Lol

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:26:37 01/16/20 Thu

Last edited by author: Thu January 16, 2020 14:27:06   Edited 1 time.

[> Subject: Bamaman for his daily antics. I swear, April Foolís Day was everyday for this guy. JennNYC for being neutral, friendly, non judge mental & never a shit stirrer. SanFranGuy (RIP) for his authenticity, never taking sides & the kindest person Iíve ever NOT met lol. ICEMAN (whoís been on here a few times) for never backing down from his opinions & for his vast knowledge of pageantry, especially in the RPM realm. TikiJava for never stirring up drama, nor taking part in it & his vast knowledge of pageantry as well. Iím sure Iíll think of others later.

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:23:41 01/16/20 Thu

[> Subject: JayBay, Sucker4SilverGowns, and DMVPageantGirl are three that come to mind. Also, Glitter (who I used to confuse with Groove, only because of one-word names beginning with G).

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:10:03 01/16/20 Thu

JayBay, Sucker4SilverGowns, and DMVPageantGirl are three that come to mind. Also, Glitter (who I used to confuse with Groove, only because of one-word names beginning with G).

[> [> Subject: I used to confuse Glitter with Snowflake for some reason, maybe as both are from California and are of similar age. Snowflake was a delegate at Miss International at one point.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi (nsi)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:38:24 01/16/20 Thu

[> [> [> Subject: I loved glitter, too, for her insightfulness & love of pageantry. Although having never acknowledging her age, she seemed younger beyond her years.

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:05:18 01/16/20 Thu

Last edited by author: Thu January 16, 2020 22:06:59   Edited 1 time.

[> Subject: Pete of Paperdolls, I think that was his name. He would come on and shows us his latest paper dolls,

Author:
WilliamNYC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:13:38 01/16/20 Thu

[> [> Subject: Yes! And there was someone. I do not remember if it was Pete himself... that was organizing Miss Universe like contests for paper dolls. They were coming up with names, at times the OTT ones and organizing Miss Paper Doll USA and Universe LOL!

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi (nsi)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:41:37 01/16/20 Thu

[> [> [> Subject: Yes! I think his last name (AFAIK) was Ramirez! Very talented in his doll-making drawings.

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:56:37 01/16/20 Thu

[> Subject: I cannot even believe I didnít acknowledge DMVPageantgirl and AnnieA! Loved these two! I thought it so cool that DMV, being the pageant vet we all knew & loved, was still a regular poster on this board.

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:09:44 01/16/20 Thu

[> [> Subject: Oh yes. DMV. Too bad she never won Miss MD USA, but on the other hand she is very happily married. Other names come up in my head that I have appreciated over the years: HiJake, Armchair Judge, Jessika, sifiso, TorCanFan, Michael Knittel, Vech, Duration & Convexity, Linda, Rahul Patel. So many great posters all the way back to the 1990s.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi (nsi)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:30:57 01/16/20 Thu

[> Subject: Here are 10 more that we have not mentioned yet. This will be my third top 10 to make it a 30! There are just so many great posters that went through this community and made us better; Alessa, Athalia, bottom-boy, Penguin, carlitos, ZeroDefect (Dude in SouthAfrica), Marylander, Vertically_Challenged, LadyChatterly, Valerie Ewing!

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi (nsi)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:35:46 01/17/20 Fri

[> Subject: Bostonian, for accuracy in prognosticating certain years.

Author:
Balty R.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:46:33 01/17/20 Fri

[> Subject: I have never posted to this board, but I read it quite frequently. I used to really enjoy the guy from Tennessee, I think his name was maybe TNboy or something like that. I always wanted to be a super fan like him LOL.

Author:
no name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:08:03 01/17/20 Fri

[> [> Subject: Yes. I remember TNBoy backing his state delegates at Miss America LIVE. What a fan! There was some controversy when he won Mr USB as he was accused of vurtually never posting on the forum for a few years when he won. He was much more active in the early 2000s.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi (nsi)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:28:09 01/17/20 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: OMG I had forgotten all about Mr USB! You have brought back a lot of great memories, Hawt!

Author:
no name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:20:43 01/17/20 Fri

[> [> [> [> Subject: Is Mr usb no longer a thing?

Author:
Test
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:53:39 01/18/20 Sat

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: I believe the names of candidates were last posted circa 2017, three years ago. Al of these were unknown here and only part of the fb group. I remember some members here quibbled that these people are unknown here and since that time the candidates are not posted here. I would not be one bit surprised if Mr USB was discontinued.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi (nsi)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:24:28 01/19/20 Sun

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Mr USB is still around and fine. It really is focused entirely on the USB Facebook group now though. The next edition will be happening in February.

Author:
Tiki-Java
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:11:57 01/22/20 Wed

[> Subject: Speaking of Oz where is she?

Author:
Original Rican
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:05:12 01/17/20 Fri

[> [> Subject: She gave birth to a boy a few months ago. Her website is updated from time to time. Though we no longer have roundups before state pageants, etc.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi (nsi)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:32:43 01/17/20 Fri

[> Subject: I remember someone with the handle Roseanne Roseannadanna. I remember it mainly for the name and some of the drama that he/she posted.

Author:
PF-Indy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:39:44 01/17/20 Fri

[> [> Subject: That must've been a long time ago, cuz I would've remembered that handle name LOL (RIP Gilda).

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:38:55 01/17/20 Fri

[> [> Subject: I remember her. Though I do not recall that drama. I might have been on vacation without internet. I remember she had some constructive things to say

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi (nsi)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:20:32 01/17/20 Fri

[> Subject: SanFranGuy was the best among us; Penguin challenged us to be a community of integrity and Oz for her tireless devotion to giving us all resourses to pour over.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:08:47 01/17/20 Fri

[> [> Subject: SanFran & Oz for sure! I don't remember much of Penguin, but I do remember him/her posting :)

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:29:16 01/17/20 Fri

[> Subject: They are all still posting.

Author:
fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:15:39 01/18/20 Sat

[> Subject: Wasn't "sunny air" posting here for a while.

Author:
It's just I always that it was a cool handle to register!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:21:10 01/18/20 Sat

[> Subject: A few more... CurlyDude, SexyDrew82, Freud, Inoshishi, Harley, RockyGirl (a former state titleholder, I believe), S.xoxo (definitely a former titleholder, LOL...and I miss having her here)

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:56:11 01/18/20 Sat

A few more... CurlyDude, SexyDrew82, Freud, Inoshishi, Harley, RockyGirl (a former state titleholder, I believe), S.xoxo (definitely a former titleholder, LOL...and I miss having her here)

[> [> Subject: Rocky girl and punkyPrincess both won the Miss Congeniality titles at Miss USA. Rocky also placed as first runner-up in her state MAO and later entered the Mrs circuit, where she placed in the top 10 in the prestigious Mrs Texas America system.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi (nsi)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:10:15 01/19/20 Sun

[> Subject: What happened to Old School Fan/OSF? They were one of my favorite posters here.

Author:
Basketball_Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:23:05 01/18/20 Sat

[> Subject: Twinx RIP

Author:
I miss you my friend
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:55:24 01/19/20 Sun

I miss you Torrance from Connecticut.

[> Subject: NoPonytailsPlease & Sucker4SilverGowns are two I especially enjoyed.

Author:
Wonder happened to some of these???
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:02:40 01/26/20 Sun

[> [> Subject: From what I remember, ďsuckerĒ vanished after he lost the title of Mr. USB a handful of years ago. He & his partner hosted an amazing party while in Las Vegas (so many fans & USB members were there). That was the ONLY pageant to date that I was so close to attending!

Author:
Groove (NSI)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:50:25 01/26/20 Sun

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Message subject (required):

Name (Registered users only):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.