VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: CALIFORNIA USA/TEEN USA 2020 CONTESTANTS POSTED

Author:
ValeneEwing
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 09:55:09 01/23/20 Thu

On first glance I see Andrea Shen, 2019's 1st Runner up.
If link doesn't work check Miss California USA or Miss California TEEN USA Facebook pages.

MISS - 71
https://www.facebook.com/pg/MissCaliforniaUSA/photos/?tab=album&album_id=10157968840370645&ref=page_internal

TEEN - 44
https://www.facebook.com/pg/MissCATeenUSA/photos/?tab=album&album_id=3248266818522317&ref=page_internal

Last edited by author: Thu January 23, 2020 10:00:11   Edited 2 times.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: My pick right now is Andrea!! But I’m surprised there aren’t many other notable contestants that hopped over though... at least none that I know of!!

Author:
IMO
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:21:31 01/23/20 Thu

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: To add, call me crazy, but I really think Kataluna could make it far!! I had no idea or could tell she was trans!! And I don’t really support trans people doing this, but “she” is one of the first I had no knowledge of and was already in my top picks!!

Author:
IMO
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:29:34 01/23/20 Thu

[> [> [> Subject: Glad she attempted to clean up her IG.. It was not good and something that could haunt her if she is a title holder.

Author:
I would not want that risk
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:22:42 01/23/20 Thu

[> [> [> Subject: How'd you find out she's trans? She's gorgeous! Had you not said anything, I would've had no idea (honestly, Cupertino looks more trans than her). IDC what Kataluna is, she's crazy gorgeous.

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:00:51 01/23/20 Thu

Last edited by author: Thu January 23, 2020 19:02:22   Edited 1 time.

[> [> [> [> Subject: She states that on her instagram page. She seems to be well known and popular in this specifc milieu. Unfortunately her other pics do not show that "effortless" beauty and I think she may struggle to make top 20.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi (nsi)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:37:46 01/24/20 Fri

[> [> Subject: YES! The lack of notable names and formers shocked me A LOT!

Author:
ValeneEwing
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:37:55 01/23/20 Thu

[> [> Subject: I like Andrea as well! And speaking of CA, she reminds me of the Miss CA that was 1RU to Courtney Gibbs back in the 80s!!

Author:
:)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:07:11 01/23/20 Thu

[> Subject: I don think Andrea Shen is a bit pretty & based on that, I’m shocked she was 1st RU last year. Her interview must be killer. Jordyn Chessmore competed in Idaho & she’s beautiful! Kellie Hall competed & placed twice in Ohio (looks like she’s in the military, so she’ll probably do well). Starla Smith just competed in Nevada but didn’t place. I think she’s very pretty. Destiny Clark IIRC, is a KY MAO crossover. Natalie Benson sounds & looks really familiar.

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:27:29 01/23/20 Thu

[> [> Subject: Natalie Benson and Felicia Stiles are former contestants in CA MAO. Felicia finished in the top 5 two consecutive years.

Author:
Perhaps that is where the familiarity is
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:19:02 01/23/20 Thu

[> [> Subject: I disagree... I really like Shen. I don’t know if she’s Universe caliber yet, but she definitely has what it takes!! Oh... and.... she was also 1RU in NY two years ago as well! So she clearly is great!!

Author:
:)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:29:03 01/23/20 Thu

[> [> Subject: Destiny Clark was Miss Maryland in 2015, competing against Kalie Wright and Kelley Johnson.

Author:
PikachusWorld
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:48:05 01/23/20 Thu

[> Subject: I don't get Andrea either, she's just very average looking woman. Not a stunner. Btw is this the first year ever we get ALL states posting their contestants pre pageant?

Author:
gAgA_x
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:46:39 01/23/20 Thu

[> [> Subject: I'd think so, since Kentucky never posted contestants that I can recall, they once posted contestants post pageant under Connie Clark. We were sometimes lucky to get a contestant list and I think last year someone may have posted from the program book. With Melissa Proctor this year we had pictures up already of the KY contestants 2 weeks ago!

Author:
ValeneEwing
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:42:05 01/23/20 Thu

Last edited by author: Thu January 23, 2020 15:27:55   Edited 2 times.

[> [> [> Subject: The last time prior to this year when KY contestants were posted was in 2010. So glad that’ll never happen again!

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:34:11 01/24/20 Fri

[> Subject: The thing about Andrea is that not only she was 1st runner-up in Cali & New York. She was also a 2nd runner-up at state Teen. I do not recall the state off the top of my head, it was probably Pennsylvania. There must be something about her. I actually can't take my eyes off of her pics, she is so interesting... I felt the same when Deshauna first competed at VA USA and then at US Intl. I simply could not take my eyes off of her pics! Having said that, I agree that so few known girls competing is surprising. I believe girls just figured out that this past decade the state sash stopped counting for much at Miss USA... so winning Oregon, Urah, Montana, etc... still does give you a chance to become the Miss USA. Last year, both Cali's Miss and Teen failed to make the cut. It last happened in 2012 and before that in 2004. By the way, Starla Smith looks great on this pic, but she is one of the more rounder girls... that is why her missing top 15 in this year's Nevada is not surprising.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:01:31 01/23/20 Thu

[> Subject: With Mississippi USA and Hawaii USA crowing their first Black winners in 2020, perhaps 2020 will also be the year that California USA crowns it's first full-blooded Asian winner.

Author:
California is 15% Asian yet California USA has only ever crowned two part Asian winners.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:23:53 01/23/20 Thu

[> [> Subject: I remember Louise Wu on Ellen before the 2010 pageant how she emphasized that fact. She only competed in one season though and made top 10. But I am quite surprised at the lack of winner of Asian descent, there have been a lot of them in Miss Cali MAO.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi (nsi)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:41:26 01/23/20 Thu

[> [> [> Subject: AFAIK California MAO has had three full Asian winners: Rita Ng (2000), Crystal Lee (2013), Eileen Kim (2019). I think Veena Goel (2004) and Kristy Cavinder (2009) are part Asian, but can't find anything online to confirm. Arianna Afsar (2010) is half Bangladeshi.

Author:
Notice how all of California MAO's Asian winners are in the last 20 years.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:15:35 01/24/20 Fri

[> [> [> [> Subject: Venna is half Chinese and half Indian. So full Asian.

Author:
Reporter
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:56:22 01/28/20 Tue

[> [> Subject: In the last 30 years, CA USA has crowned three delegates of part Asian heritage: Diane Schock (1/4 Philippine), Raquel Beezley (1/4 Philippine), and Allyshia Gupta (1/4 Indian). This is a state where Asians are 15% of the population, and have a long history there.

Author:
Basketball_Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:15:58 01/27/20 Mon

[> Subject: Allyshia Gupta- Natalie Benson - Jordyn Chessmore -Kataluna Enriquez .

Author:
onasis
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:42:58 01/23/20 Thu

[> Subject: From CA USA Facebook, winner is Allyshia Gupta. The last name indicates she has some South Asian heritage but I can't find anything online to verify this.

Author:
Basketball_Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:30:31 01/26/20 Sun

Last edited by author: Sun January 26, 2020 21:34:59   Edited 2 times.

[> [> Subject: She was one of the girls that caught my attention. Looks like a great choice. I am almost certain this is her first year competing. Last year's winner also won at her first attempt. And surprisingly she is a (natural looking) blonde. Maybe she is 1/4 Indian?

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi (nsi)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:13:10 01/26/20 Sun

[> [> [> Subject: She competed in FL USA in the past

Author:
None
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:58:45 01/27/20 Mon

[> [> [> Subject: https://www.al.com/life/2020/01/auburn-grad-competing-in-miss-california-usa-pageant.html . This article has a photo of Allyshia Gupta w/ her parents. Mom is White, Dad looks mixed Indian and White. I would say you are correct in that Allyshia Gupta is 1/4 Indian.

Author:
Basketball_Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:10:26 01/27/20 Mon

[> Subject: Miss California USA 2020 - Allyshia Gupta, Miss California Teen USA 2020 - Zoe Hunt

Author:
VE (NSI)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:07:58 01/27/20 Mon

[> [> Subject: Full results: Miss California USA 2020: Allyshia Gupta 1RU: Kellie Rene Hall 2RU: Erin Jones Wesley 3RU: Rachel Thompson 4RU: Natalie Benson Top 16: Alexandria Stevenson Andrea Shen Aubrey Balmonte Brenda Zuniga Fallon Williams Felicia Stiles Jasmine Vitacco Jordyn Chessmore Katie Himes Sabrina Lewis Whitney Mitchell

Author:
Paco (CA)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:30:12 01/27/20 Mon

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Message subject (required):

Name (Registered users only):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.