VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Thanks guys. Let me babble here for a bit lol. The thing with Maureen Montagne joining and winning all those pageants to earn money just made me do a dbl take. Like it costs money to join, and possibly cost more than the monetary prize. Seems to me that all she would have earned is the experience. Did she really make a living out of all the contracts she was awarded with the crowns she won? What about the USA girls who try 4-5 times to win. That must cost a lot. And I still want to know if they wear perfume onstage.

Author:
eloise
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 16:35:05 02/11/20 Tue
In reply to: eloise 's message, "Quick Q" on 12:19:29 02/11/20 Tue

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Ps, I was in Daniís ballpark. I thought I would be spending at least 25k to meet my lowest standards.

Author:
eloise
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:36:33 02/11/20 Tue

Last edited by author: Tue February 11, 2020 16:37:36   Edited 1 time.
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

[> [> [> Subject: I didn't realize you competed (or are competing) in pageants! I would love to know a bit more about that, to whatever extent you feel like sharing.

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:50:50 02/11/20 Tue

I didn't realize you competed (or are competing) in pageants! I would love to know a bit more about that, to whatever extent you feel like sharing.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Lol dear god. That last sentence should have read ďIf I were to compete in an MUO pageant, I think 25k would be my minimum blah blah.Ē Iíve never seen a pageant live.

Author:
eloise
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:49:37 02/11/20 Tue

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: LOL, okay now it makes sense. I thought it was a bit strange that after all these years I never knew you'd done pageants!

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:29:12 02/11/20 Tue

LOL, okay now it makes sense. I thought it was a bit strange that after all these years I never knew you'd done pageants!

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: But for real, if I joined, there will be marbles rolling all over the stage during evening gown.

Author:
eloise
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:10:49 02/12/20 Wed

Last edited by author: Wed February 12, 2020 21:11:33   Edited 1 time.

[> [> [> Subject: I adore Dani Walker's YouTube installments. Beautiful & personable. Yet her red ballgown for Miss USA is not anything she should've worn. I've no idea what she was thinking. Perhaps she was inspired by Olivia Jordan's winning Miss USA gown.

Author:
Thoughts?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:34:32 02/18/20 Tue

[> [> [> [> Subject: I really like Dani Walker as well. Yet I felt like her styling was all wrong at Miss USA. Not just the gown, but also her hair. She was sort of buried under it. It's a frequent comment of mine: for many contestants, less would be more. In Dani's case, some of this many have been beyond her control.

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:46:09 02/18/20 Tue

I really like Dani Walker as well. Yet I felt like her styling was all wrong at Miss USA. Not just the gown, but also her hair. She was sort of buried under it. It's a frequent comment of mine: for many contestants, less would be more. In Dani's case, some of this many have been beyond her control.

[> [> Subject: There may have been a time when competing for the $$$ made sense, like back in the 70s when they had relatively large prizes, but even then, your odds of winning and getting the "prize package" were fairly low. Hard to imagine anyone would do pageants primarily for that goal these days. (Granted, the main prize is exposure and contacts, and those can be worth a lot, but that is a whole 'nother story.)

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:53:58 02/11/20 Tue

There may have been a time when competing for the $$$ made sense, like back in the 70s when they had relatively large prizes, but even then, your odds of winning and getting the "prize package" were fairly low. Hard to imagine anyone would do pageants primarily for that goal these days. (Granted, the main prize is exposure and contacts, and those can be worth a lot, but that is a whole 'nother story.)

[> [> Subject: Maureen might have joined Binibining because Miss International has a winning award of 30K plus salary. Miss Supranational also has a similar financial award. Obviously competing in pageants very rarely outweighs financial investment but given the fact Philippines has an excellent track record Maureen might have calculated that going to either Intl or Supra might be more profitable... I have a hint she'll do Shamcey's pageant at the end of her pageant career. This girl loves competing, she was also Muss World America 1st runner up a few years ago..

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi (nsi)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:29:30 02/12/20 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: Sheís kinda Miss Intl. Thatís actually cool she could still try for Universe even if she wins Intl.

Author:
eloise
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:14:36 02/12/20 Wed

Last edited by author: Wed February 12, 2020 21:15:44   Edited 1 time.

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Message subject (required):

Name (Registered users only):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.