VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Bad Girls of Oldie Pageants

Author:
eloise
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 23:03:28 02/17/20 Mon

LMAOOOOO

Them broads ainít saints. Some of them were hardcore. Aside from the debaucherous Ms Gage, it appears there should be lots more that can be uncovered should one spend even just a fast minute digging. Really not much effort lol. For example:

Miss New Jersey Bette Cooper was crowned Miss America in 1937. Just hours after finding out she won, she ran off with her boyfriendóridding herself of all the duties and responsibilities of the crown. People thought she was missing or had been kidnapped. It turned out, Cooper did not expect to win and did not want the limelight that comes with the title.

Ever since then, New Jersey contestants believe they've been cursed by Cooper. "I personally blame her for myself not winning the Miss America crown," Miss New Jersey 2013 Cara McCollum joked to The Press of Atlantic City.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Wasn't there a fairly well-known episode of gown sabotage in the early 2000s? I can't remember the details now, but I seem to remember a contestant finding that her gown was missing its zipper (or some such thing) just before the competition.

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:27:07 02/18/20 Tue

Wasn't there a fairly well-known episode of gown sabotage in the early 2000s? I can't remember the details now, but I seem to remember a contestant finding that her gown was missing its zipper (or some such thing) just before the competition.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Ingrid Rivera? I know she was a lot of noise in 2008. Her peppered sprayed SS & EG, someone putting mercury in her lipstick (lol I made that up), how she was assured the crown by DT himself, etc. Even w/out all that noise, I never liked her. She always looked the oldest and most worn-out. She also didnít look friendly.

Author:
eloise
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:25:45 02/18/20 Tue

Last edited by author: Tue February 18, 2020 14:27:47   Edited 1 time.

[> [> [> Subject: Ingrid wasn't my favorite either... though many of the 2008 semifinals look extremely random. I usually love European girls but that year... ugh. And don't start me on the 1st runner-up. From Puerto Rican girls I loved Una Blasini and Bodine Koehler . Bodine was so robbed based on her prelims, she's also tall at 6 feet... Even before the finals people said she was not liked by the Miss Universe org. and vice versa.. she was a bit of a Fig O'Reilly of 2012.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi (nsi)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:48:59 02/18/20 Tue

[> Subject: Cara McCollum :,( Poor thing was killed in a car accident a few years ago. I remember that she wasn't from NJ, but from a southern state, IIRC. Anyway, she was so young.

Author:
Groove (NSI)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:56:19 02/18/20 Tue

[> Subject: I believe Gabriella Brum, Miss West Germany, pulled off the same stunt at Miss World 1980 to be with her boyfriend instead, thus allowing Miss Guam to assume the title. I think Gabriella held the title for just under a day, believing she was not going to win at all. Her 50+ Los Angeles boyfriend at the time, agreed, and was disappointed she won. Gabriella was gorgeous and she was the tallest contestant that year. Speaking of gorg, Miss Venezuela Hilda Abrahamz was absolutely stunning that year. Had she gone to Miss Universe 1980 instead, I believe she would have given Shawn a run for the money, or at least a First Runner-up finish, which I would have preferred by a million miles over Miss Scotland.

Author:
HIM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:38:34 02/18/20 Tue

[> Subject: Bette Cooper wasnít Miss New Jersey, she was Miss Bertrand Island, New Jersey. She won that title at a fair and that year the organizers had a license for the national pageant. Also I donít believe she hid with her boyfriend, it was with a young man associated with the pageant who had driven her around town. Also, she didnít hide permanently, she actually made a few appearances in Atlantic City and agreed with the pageant to refrain from continuing because of responsibilities with the family and school

Author:
perky
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:24:32 02/18/20 Tue

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Message subject (required):

Name (Registered users only):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.