VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: WOULD YOU RATHER- 1) cancel/annul 2020 Miss USA/Universe/Teen USA titles and all 2021 state pageants, let the current titleholders get 2 years, esp since they arenít able to do anything right now. And have the national/Universe pageants in 2021; #2) push the 2021 state pageants back to all start in 2021, so we can focus on Miss USA/Teen USA/Universe for mid-end of this year of 2020; or #3) Have a VIRTUAL STYLE Miss USA/Teen USA 2020 in the upcoming months so no one or no organization falls off track, or #4) cross our fingers and just schedule the national pageants for this summer, and continue on with the other local & state pageants like normal.... ???

Author:
Pixie
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 11:00:20 04/03/20 Fri

All 4 of these options I have thought about at one point and arenít against any of them since we are in a time of trying to keep everyone safe right now, although I do have my pick. I was kind of waiting it out to see if things got better or if MUO were to make an announcement, but I donít see any harm the fans discussing their opinions and options with hopes of trying to make a positive out of a negative crisis.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: I vote for Option 3.

Author:
IMO
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:20:34 04/03/20 Fri

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: I would opt for #1, with the assumption that things are going to be fuct up for a quite while. Other big events have been cancelled for 2020 (Wimbledon, Olympics) so I think we should skip this year, as much as I hate to forego pageants.

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:20:52 04/03/20 Fri

I would opt for #1, with the assumption that things are going to be fuct up for a quite while. Other big events have been cancelled for 2020 (Wimbledon, Olympics) so I think we should skip this year, as much as I hate to forego pageants.

[> Subject: Option 1) Cancel Miss Universe this year, and reschedule Miss USA for January 2021. Zozbini has traveled to South Africa, Indonesia, and Pittsburgh, so her reign needs to be extended.

Author:
WilliamNYC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:26:36 04/03/20 Fri

[> Subject: I would wait until as late as January for Miss USA and February for Miss Universe. If there is no improvement with covid-19 by October. I would do virtual pageants in November and December and judges would choose online USA and Universe winners. If USA and Universe 2020 are normal pageants in January and February. I would skip the state season 2021 altogether and would either let directors appoint the 2021 state winners from interested contestants or organize virtual state pageants in March/April. I would slash state feel for virtual pageants in half. The worst solution is to skip a year. It happened with Eurovision and it was a disastrous decision

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:14:54 04/03/20 Fri

[> [> Subject: No one cares about Miss USA or Universe in the US anymore. Asia & Lat Am are on lockdown. If you thought Atlanta was bad, wait till you a COVID-19 year pageant looks like. Don't get me started on Europe. I imagine a quarter of the ladies from the continent will tell MUO to fuck off as they aren't risking their lives for a pageant they're just going to get a token placement in anyway.

Author:
2019 was disastrous enough. Let 2020 just be, allow already crowned titleholders to continue into 2021 at their choice or let runner-ups fill in.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:23:02 04/04/20 Sat

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Message subject (required):

Name (Registered users only):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.