VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Miss USA 2007

Author:
eloise
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 13:39:17 05/11/20 Mon

Tennessee 9.283(1) 9.522(1)

Rhode Island 8.850(2) 9.158(2)

Kansas 8.682(4) 8.983(3)

California 8.507(8) 8.468(4)

Nevada 8.783(3) 8.452 (5)

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: I couldnít moved on when Texas and Virginia didnít make the final cut. I rewatched the video on YT lately and I kinda get why Texas didnít advance. Virginia, on the other hand, suffered the first in the semis curse. I still believe she would have made it if she was number 5-10 in the top 10. Sorry, I still donít find TN pretty and I think everyone in Mexico agreed.

Author:
Alyssaís Pinoy Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:15:59 05/11/20 Mon

I couldnít moved on when Texas and Virginia didnít make the final cut. I rewatched the video on YT lately and I kinda get why Texas didnít advance. Virginia, on the other hand, suffered the first in the semis curse. I still believe she would have made it if she was number 5-10 in the top 10. Sorry, I still donít find TN pretty and I think everyone in Mexico agreed.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: MUO needed Rachel Smith and her Oprah connection to clean up the mess that was 2006. The cuts were strategic to ensure Rachel's win. South Carolina and Virginia should have made Top 5 over Kansas and California.

Author:
Basketball_Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:23:18 05/11/20 Mon

[> Subject: I always thought Rachel was a very deserving winner. To me, she seemed like a clear frontrunner from prelims right to the final moment. Nevada was a head-scratcher for me. She had a sort of lost in the headlights look through much of the pageant. My Top 5 probably would have been TN, RI, TX, VA, SC.

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:37:14 05/11/20 Mon

I always thought Rachel was a very deserving winner. To me, she seemed like a clear frontrunner from prelims right to the final moment. Nevada was a head-scratcher for me. She had a sort of lost in the headlights look through much of the pageant. My Top 5 probably would have been TN, RI, TX, VA, SC.

Last edited by author: Mon May 11, 2020 14:38:49   Edited 3 times.

[> Subject: At Miss Universe in 2007(which should NEVER be in Mexico again), when Tony Romo asked Rachel "if you could go back and relive one moment of your life," I wish she could of kind of laughed at herself, and said something like "Yeah, I'd love to redo my walk down that runway in even gown" then maybe go into her Oprah spill. I'm sure it was very hard to think and answer under pressure though with all of those nasty Mexican fans yelling.

Author:
JustM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:04:29 05/11/20 Mon

[> [> Subject: That would have been cute. But as others mentioned, miss Universe needed the Oprah angle

Author:
Original Rican
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:23:38 05/11/20 Mon

[> Subject: This was a very good pageant, but strangely judged. First, a huge fav South Carolina cut at top 15. Then, Texas cut at top 10... another huge favorite and Tennessee virtually getting a carte blanche with that win. Her win is more than fine, but it clearly was not a runaway victory numbers show. 2nd and 3rd placed girls are very cute but their positions were certainly surprising and unexpected... especially Kansas.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi (nsi)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:33:40 05/11/20 Mon

[> Subject: By the way... where'd you get that EG score for Nevada? Didn't she just sort of wander off the stage before they could show her score? (See previous "lost in headlights" comment, LOL)

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:06:15 05/11/20 Mon

By the way... where'd you get that EG score for Nevada? Didn't she just sort of wander off the stage before they could show her score? (See previous "lost in headlights" comment, LOL)

[> [> Subject: I found her score on my friendís laptop in France. Lol. The score is from wiki. Helen did meander off stage but that was bec the cat wasnít yet finished shredding her dress. Also, it wasnít the worldís biggest shock that she looked confused. Same stunned vibe as she had at teen too. Her whole performance was very Helen lol. Rachel was the most pageant-beautiful that year, from start to finish. I just found Danielle to be 1,000x hotter. Rachel was a bit of a bot.

Author:
eloise
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:31:03 05/11/20 Mon

[> [> [> Subject: Rachel Smith competed in kiddie pageants in the mid-1990s. A program book from one of them showed up on eBay not long after she won Miss USA.

Author:
Basketball_Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:34:28 05/11/20 Mon

Last edited by author: Mon May 11, 2020 19:34:49   Edited 1 time.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Cool! What pageants did she do?

Author:
Look seeing someone work their way up the pageant ladder!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:44:31 05/11/20 Mon

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: I don't know which kiddie pageants Rachel Smith was in.

Author:
Basketball_Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:49:51 05/11/20 Mon

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: I know she competed in Cinderella. She was an international winner back in 92 or 93.

Author:
she sang for talent
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:56:22 05/11/20 Mon

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: oooooh I would watch that vid in a split second.

Author:
eloise
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:08:05 05/12/20 Tue

Last edited by author: Tue May 12, 2020 08:11:39   Edited 1 time.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Rachel was 1993 International Miniature Miss.

Author:
Val Ewing (NSI)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:55:20 05/12/20 Tue

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: I didn't know that. She should have been better at teen. All that oil and Vaseline was horrible.

Author:
Original Rican
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:53:15 05/12/20 Tue

[> [> [> Subject: I loved Danielle too. She had that great sexy stare. Then she would break into a warm smile as if to say "Nah, I was just playin' wit you."

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:53:49 05/11/20 Mon

I loved Danielle too. She had that great sexy stare. Then she would break into a warm smile as if to say "Nah, I was just playin' wit you."

[> [> [> Subject: I can't remember if it was on here, but I remember people posting memes of Helen's dress. I remember specifically a picture of a shower curtain that was like an exact replica of her gown. It was hilarious.

Author:
JustM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:59:39 05/11/20 Mon

[> [> [> Subject: Helen acted odd the entire night. When Rachel made the top 5 and went to her mark Helen seems to be playing with her dress while giving Rachel an odd look.

Author:
CC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:35:53 05/11/20 Mon

[> [> [> Subject: Ps, I feel I should clarify that I liked Helen. Esp the spaced out version.

Author:
eloise
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:10:09 05/12/20 Tue

Last edited by author: Tue May 12, 2020 08:12:22   Edited 1 time.

[> Subject: Rhode Island's Renaissance

Author:
Old Fan/New Name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:11:30 05/12/20 Tue

[> [> Subject: This was maybe an early inkling that sash factor would come to matter less at Miss USA. Since then we've seen wins for RI, CT, NE, NV, and Top 5 finishes for ND, SD, NM, etc.

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:43:34 05/12/20 Tue

This was maybe an early inkling that sash factor would come to matter less at Miss USA. Since then we've seen wins for RI, CT, NE, NV, and Top 5 finishes for ND, SD, NM, etc.

[> [> Subject: Danielle was Olivia Culpo's coach for Miss RI USA & Miss USA.

Author:
Anon
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:01:42 05/18/20 Mon

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Message subject (required):

Name (Registered users only):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.