VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: It would be interesting to see who the wild cards would be. My guess looking at the scores by sight, Id say Korea and Estonia would be up there

Author:
:)
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 01:33:22 05/16/20 Sat
In reply to: anni55 's message, "25th Anniversary - Miss Universe 1995" on 15:41:03 05/14/20 Thu

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: I never got India. Just not what I expect in terms of beauty for a Miss Universe contestant.

Author:
Inoshishi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:30:34 05/16/20 Sat

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: To be honest, most Indian girls at Miss Universe I would say ever are beautiful. I think Lara is cute but no way beautiful. Sushmita is stunning. That Indian miss world winner that married a Jonas brother, I find her hideous. And wasn't another miss world from India named the most beautiful woman in the world (not the pageant) and appeared on Oprah? I think Diana Haynen? My other issue with most Indian girls at miss Universe is that they are very wealthy and not representative of India.

Author:
Original Rican
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:40:14 05/16/20 Sat

[> [> [> Subject: India's 1992-2002 streak of making the cut was mostly interview based. India won prelim interview 1994, 1995, 1996; and their best results in semifinal interview were 1st in 1999, 2nd in 1998, 3rd in 1993. The Miss World from India that was hyped as "most beautiful woman in the world" is Aishwarya Rai; she tried to launch a Hollywood career in the 2000s but wasn't successful.

Author:
Basketball_Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:42:49 05/16/20 Sat

[> [> [> Subject: I am Indian American- and trust me- we are shocked that out of all the former queens to come out of Bollywood, only Priyanka Chopra really made it. Lara Dutta Miss Universe 2000 is absolutely STUNNING. Celina Jaitley (4RU Miss Universe 2001 was GORGEOUS). Dia Mirza (Miss Asia Pacific 2000) didn't compete in Miss Universe but she had a face to diiiieeee for. Maybe it's also that I think Priyanka Chopra tries too hard but I can think of so many other beauty queens from India who I would rather have made it in Hollywood.

Author:
SMH
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:09:37 05/20/20 Wed

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Message subject (required):

Name (Registered users only):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.