VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Complete the sentence

Author:
Doot
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 12:48:27 05/18/20 Mon

Many pageant fans are not wild about [name], but I really like her.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: My answer: I've always been surprised that Susie Castillo is not more popular. I loved the curly hair and her smile, and she seemed like a new beginning for MUO after a few weird years of Miss USA pageants. She has always been one of my faves, what can I say?

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:50:27 05/18/20 Mon

My answer: I've always been surprised that Susie Castillo is not more popular. I loved the curly hair and her smile, and she seemed like a new beginning for MUO after a few weird years of Miss USA pageants. She has always been one of my faves, what can I say?

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: Cecilia Bolocco. I thought she was sassy and fun. Loved her gown. Yet other diehard pageant fans I've compared notes with aren't nearly as enthusiastic.

Author:
nsi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:56:57 05/18/20 Mon

[> Subject: Venus Raj (that one is for you Lol). I love her energy and the fire in her belly. Amelia Vega, a winner whom I thought did all the right things. Constanza Baez, Yanina Gonzalez, Lourdes Arevalos, Gabriela Marcus, Jill Gulseth, Jacinta Campbell, Mariana Vicente (my fav Miss PR other than Zuly), Samantha Casey, Lindsey Hill, Ashley Durham, Stephanie Culberson, Carolyne Medley, Arielle Rosemarino, and many many more that I can’t recall at the moment.

Author:
eloise
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:12:59 05/18/20 Mon

Last edited by author: Mon May 18, 2020 15:29:27   Edited 2 times.

[> [> Subject: Also, not sure if the recent Miss Vzlas were popular or not but I also truly enjoyed them. I loved Keysi and the one from 2018.

Author:
eloise
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:31:14 05/18/20 Mon

Last edited by author: Mon May 18, 2020 15:32:10   Edited 1 time.

[> [> Subject: Oh one more!!! Jessilin Palumbo! I believe I was the only one who loved her but you guys were so gracious to not make fun of me lol

Author:
eloise
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:34:20 05/18/20 Mon

Last edited by author: Mon May 18, 2020 15:34:52   Edited 1 time.

[> [> [> Subject: Jessielynn was very well liked on here. I don't know how it happened you memorized no one liked her. People wanted her to win Jersey for years and she did well in Miss Mock USA. I think the problem was/what may explain her not placing... is that at the time she competed, it was maybe 2 or 3 years past her best look, she looked a bit on the mature side, I thought she interviewed ok, but I did not find the photography angle she emphasized too interesting. That is why I am not surprised she did not place.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi (nsi)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:03:53 05/20/20 Wed

[> [> Subject: Venus Raj made me LOL, thank you! :-)

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:18:03 05/18/20 Mon

Venus Raj made me LOL, thank you!

[> [> [> Subject: These kinds of question drive me mondo bec I inevitably think of more. Davina Bennet, Alice M (Ohio 2019), Claudia Moro (I LOVED HER), Thailand 2015, Sri Lanka 2017, Curacao and Puerto Rico 2018, Gazini (seemed a bit of an airhead and overtrained but I loved her look and her balls to wear a long pink dress in intro.) I also really liked Sofia (MEX) and was happy she finished 3rd. She was the most real that year.

Author:
eloise
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:02:13 05/18/20 Mon

[> Subject: Erin Brady.

Author:
Basketball_Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:39:52 05/18/20 Mon

[> [> Subject: I think overall Brady was and still is well received.

Author:
Pixie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:58:54 05/19/20 Tue

[> [> [> Subject: I agree, I have always adored Erin Brady.

Author:
thumbs up
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:49:51 05/20/20 Wed

[> Subject: Denise Quinones.. I know the 2001 pageant just seem rigged for her to win with all the awards she won and how she got her own segment during the swimsuit competition. I loved Greece that year, but I can still see how Denise won. I think if the pageant wasn’t held in Puerto Rico, she still would’ve placed high

Author:
Cali_Dude
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:52:20 05/18/20 Mon

[> [> Subject: I actually think she won fairly, very stunning. The homecountry support I think helped, but there were tons of times the homecountry girl made it far and didn’t win. They clearly liked and wanted her, if not she wouldn’t have made it far (won). I may be in the minority, but I think “homecountry advantage” and also “sash factor” are no such thing!! Sue me lol!!

Author:
Pixie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:31:30 05/19/20 Tue

[> Subject: Yasmin Verheijen comes to mind right away. I loved her looks and her performance. Many people think her 3rd eunner-up finish was accudental, but I think she fully deseeved it and then some.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi (nsi)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:55:45 05/18/20 Mon

[> Subject: Danielle Hooper

Author:
Gorg
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:54:43 05/19/20 Tue

Her face, her smile, her everything. She is gorgeous!! Surprised she didn't have Hayley Khalil's post-pageant success. I know many people did not like that bun on her during finals but her face was so strong it didn't matter IMHO.

[> Subject: Cara Gorges- she just had such a pretty face to me and she had this edgy spunk. I know that gown did NOTHING for her but her professional Fadil shot was gorgeous to me.

Author:
Sammy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:58:11 05/19/20 Tue

[> [> Subject: Loved her! Was actually thinking about that year the other day! Looked her Facebook up and seems to be better than ever!

Author:
Pixie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:33:08 05/19/20 Tue

[> [> [> Subject: She just seemed so full of life on stage and genuinely happy to be there! I was surprised how young she really was

Author:
OP
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:37:13 05/20/20 Wed

[> Subject: Dayanara Torres, She was a breath of fresh air

Author:
chexmex
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:48:12 05/19/20 Tue

[> Subject: Desiree Duran, Bolivia 2006. Should have made Top 5 instead of Paraguay or even Tara.

Author:
Alyssa’s Pinoy Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:22:46 05/20/20 Wed

Desiree Duran, Bolivia 2006. Should have made Top 5 instead of Paraguay or even Tara.

[> Subject: Jessica Hartman. Most people seem to be about Samantha or Morgan but I wanted Jessica to win that year. I don’t recall many people got her top 5 placement.

Author:
PF-Indy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:37:30 05/20/20 Wed

[> Subject: MISS- Libell Duran. I don't think she was disliked, just not recognized enough. She had the prettiest smile and was just so damn gorgeous in her photos. I think she was much more photogenic than telegenic. For Teen- Brenna Mader. I really liked her a lot. But then she won Miss in my home state and I became kinda meh about her.

Author:
We should do an updated post about overhyped winners
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:21:06 05/20/20 Wed

[> [> Subject: Rio. So nonconformist. I was pleased when she won.

Author:
T
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:15:04 05/23/20 Sat

[> Subject: Mai Shanley. She appeared (obviously) at the 1984 New Mexico State Fair parade on a float fit for a queen. Think green and red chile peppers with the American flag as an overlay on her float. She welcomed everyone to the NM State Fair at the gates and you could not have met anyone more generous, sweeter and likeble, and not because of her National sash. She was downhome, warm, finely energetic, fabulously friendly, and no ego in sight. When asked, via the ABQ Journal, her triumph in being called into the Top 10 at Universe that year with the fist/arm pump was for the "hometown" USA.

Author:
HIM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:46:26 05/23/20 Sat

[> Subject: Kimberly Pressler! She should have made the cut at Universe.

Author:
Karrie Postdenim
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:00:58 05/27/20 Wed

Just saying

[> [> Subject: I agree. While she wasn’t my top pick, I still really liked and I still don’t get why some fans strongly dislike her to this day!! She deserved to place over some of the other winners that did!!

Author:
Pixie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:58:34 05/27/20 Wed

[> [> Subject: When Kimberly won USA, I admit I didn’t get it but grew to like her after watching the E! Special where they followed her during her Miss Universe experience. My heart broke when the E! Special showed her disappointment when she missed the cut

Author:
Cali_Dude
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:26:12 05/27/20 Wed

[> Subject: Deborah Carthy-Deu, Miss Universe 1985 is one of my favorite winners. A lot of people think she didn't deserve her win. To me she was elegant, poised, graceful, well-spoken, talented and beautiful. She just knew how to be a Miss Universe and was very good at the job, in my opinion. Back then when the girl was up front as the lead dancer, I would look at her as the ultimate winner. It seems many of the winners during that time were up front and center. Hmmm, I wonder how that happened so many times? Also, I loved Miss Zaire that year. In a way I was hoping she would win just to see the reaction from around the World.

Author:
nostalgic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:25:18 05/27/20 Wed

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Message subject (required):

Name (Registered users only):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.