VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Not to mention the numerous minor titles she won in the Philippines. Apparently, she never wanted to represent the Philippines in any big 3 pageant as she never attempted to join those. She knew she couldnít get the support from the locals perhaps because of her attitude. That attitude obviously costed her placements at MU and MW. She went on to represent the Philippines in a minor international pageant after her big 3 stint.

Author:
Alyssaís Pinoy Fan
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 01:49:17 05/19/20 Tue
In reply to: HawtPlusSeksi (nsi) 's message, "Canadian Riza Santos did three. What is especially impressive is that she won three pageants by three different organizers here, Miss Earth Canada in Montreal, Miss World Canada in Vancouver and Miss Universe Canada in Toronto. She only competed once in MUC and won right away, MUC also has franchise to Miss International and usually a 1st runner-up goes. So technically it is possible that a Canadian girl could do these 4 pageants, as many compete in MUC and other pageants for many years. I think it the case of Cynthia Kanema, there were simply no franchises so it was easier to go. I wonder about Bokang, did she win 2 or 3 national.pageants? How did she go to International?" on 01:17:57 05/19/20 Tue

Not to mention the numerous minor titles she won in the Philippines. Apparently, she never wanted to represent the Philippines in any big 3 pageant as she never attempted to join those. She knew she couldnít get the support from the locals perhaps because of her attitude. That attitude obviously costed her placements at MU and MW. She went on to represent the Philippines in a minor international pageant after her big 3 stint.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> Subject: I thimk winning pageants in Canada is simply easier, even with three different directors. She may also feel more Canadian. Technically she placed at MW but that year, they had a top 40 or something like that. LOL. As far as her attitude goes, I do not want to comment as I haven't met her in person, but she is friends with Denise Garrido that was accudentally crowned and both handled it with grace.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi (nsi)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:05:22 05/19/20 Tue

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> [> Subject: Agree. It was definitely easier for her to win Canada. I have a feeling that she felt more Canadian when she earned flack from the local entertainment industry for being supposedly unprofessional. She tried to enter showbizness after ME2006 but people here are unforgiving if you donít conform to the norm - which is basically appearing likeable ALL the time.

Author:
Alyssaís Pinoy Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:34:59 05/19/20 Tue

Agree. It was definitely easier for her to win Canada. I have a feeling that she felt more Canadian when she earned flack from the local entertainment industry for being supposedly unprofessional. She tried to enter showbizness after ME2006 but people here are unforgiving if you donít conform to the norm - which is basically appearing likeable ALL the time.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Message subject (required):

Name (Registered users only):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.