VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: That is a good point. But I don't get excited about mixed race girls in general. Now if I was straight, I would be in love with them. But you are right I feel like African and Europe is always supported but Asia is not. I think a good theory is that at least with European and African, their mixed race girls faired pretty good. Asian countries especially Thailand, Philippines and Indonesia have consistently sent mixed race and placing. Whereas prior, they rarely made the cut.

Author:
Original Rican
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 17:40:14 05/22/20 Fri
In reply to: eloise 's message, "I dont get why we as pageant fans feel this way about Asian delegates of mixed race yet get excited when Europeans send their own mixed race delegates. Why is that?" on 15:25:50 05/22/20 Fri

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> [> Subject: I think it comes down to percentage of biracial people in these countries. They are a very small percentage and de facto are not representative of their countries (Southeast Asia). There is almost always a similar scenario, a white father who is usually significantly older than the mother and they are often rich. A colonial mentality persists in that the ideal is to be as white as possible and this is the key to success. As half White people are orten gloryfied. As example 3 of Filipina MW and MU winners last decade had mich older fathers.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi (nsi)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:09:18 05/22/20 Fri

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: They all won though, so did the international judges saw their white heritage as an advantage? Or did their being mixed raced made them more universal because they grew up exposed to two cultures? And why are critical when the other half is white but we celebrate when itís not?

Author:
Alyssaís Pinoy Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:40:11 05/26/20 Tue

They all won though, so did the international judges saw their white heritage as an advantage? Or did their being mixed raced made them more universal because they grew up exposed to two cultures? And why are critical when the other half is white but we celebrate when itís not?

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: I think the answer below is spot on. It is unfortunate that whatever is white is still worshipped in a bit if a colonial way in the Philippines, Indonesia and Thailand, which was never a colony. Amazing girls that are full blooded South-East Asians lose opportunities to half white girls who often grew up in another country. No one would care if it happens once a decade, but it happens there all the time.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi (nsi)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:37:06 05/26/20 Tue

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Message subject (required):

Name (Registered users only):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.