VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: For some reason, I am generally more indulgent with Dominican Rep. than Puerto Rico or Mexico. On average, I think they sent many worthy delegates. I would not have crowned Amelia but her win is legit and it's difficult to dispute it. The same cannot be said about the 2005 and 2008 delegates, but they seem nice and congenial. I absolutely loved Yaritza, she was too young at MU but should have won Miss World her year. I feel the same about Clauvid. I liked her participation at MU and would have easily advanced her to top 10 among that top 20... but she just was too young. Dominican Rep. is a country that I visited and had a good time in there, maybe that is why I am a little positively biased towards their girls... or maybe they are just more solid on average comparing to PR and MX. I also liked and remember well some of their clappers.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi (nsi)
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 00:52:38 05/23/20 Sat
In reply to: Basketball_Fan 's message, "Dominican Republic @ MU" on 17:28:06 05/21/20 Thu

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Hate to say it but none of the winners are really intriguing. Don’t really find them to be stunning. If I had to pick, I think Amelia won rightfully that night. Unfortunately her poor attitude is still one of the most memorable things about her. Ada should’ve won in 2009 as well and I had her in the top 2. I had her as the winner after France got eliminated. The other ladies are not really memorable to me.

Author:
Samuel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:11:52 05/23/20 Sat

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Amelia's attitude was really something and some of the anecdotes were so outrageous as to border on hilarious. I will say that she completely 180'd after she won and had a stellar reign. Other winners speak extremely highly of her (she's known for being very punctual and professional). Mariangel was the sympathetic contestant that night but I'm glad Amelia pulled it off.

Author:
Jeff
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:03:34 05/25/20 Mon

[> [> [> Subject: Yes hope she changed her attitude since then. I know she received a lot of hate for her attitude.

Author:
Samuel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:12:01 05/25/20 Mon

[> [> [> [> Subject: Amelia today is a completely different person, dedicated to her church and serving God. Her marriage and her devotion turned her life in a different direction. Let's remember she won her national pageant only at 17!!! But she was smart and knew how to turn the competition on. Today she is very mature and pleasant to talk with.

Author:
G.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:31:19 05/26/20 Tue

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: That's true. Amelia was younger than Miss. Teen USA 2003

Author:
Karrie Postdenim
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:16:47 05/27/20 Wed

Just saying

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Message subject (required):

Name (Registered users only):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.