VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: I must have missed the hype on Brazil as I donít even remember her. The only girls who had a real shot other than Amelia is Cindy Nell and Serbia. But everyone knew itís gonna be Amelia all along. Sheís up there since she was crowned Miss DR that year.

Author:
Alyssaís Pinoy Fan
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 06:51:38 05/23/20 Sat
In reply to: HawtPlusSeksi (nsi) 's message, "Though it's worth sating that Amelia wasn't the main favorite to win. Ghislaine Ferreira of Brazil was the most hyped and the main fav. Susie was out there, but that was before she showed up in THAT gown. Brazil had likely something to do with Global Beauties being very popular then. Amelia was more of a top 5/top 10 fav... more like a potential 2nd or 3rd runner-up." on 01:01:18 05/23/20 Sat

I must have missed the hype on Brazil as I donít even remember her. The only girls who had a real shot other than Amelia is Cindy Nell and Serbia. But everyone knew itís gonna be Amelia all along. Sheís up there since she was crowned Miss DR that year.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> Subject: Oh, I completely disagree. Here on the voy at the gery least and on globalbeauties.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi (nsi)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:36:22 05/23/20 Sat

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Brazil was definitely way up there. Agree with you that she was a huge favorite although it was a really diffused year and GB even started pulling hard for Italy at one point. A lot of people had Gislaine in their top 2-3 from day one of the competition even through prelims (whereas USA and Spain crashed hard on the lists that night). Amelia always had the height edge and the assertive personality but Gislaine's prelim performance was decent. I wasn't surprised she got cut before the top 10, though; my theory was her insane headshot with those piercing eyes lodged itself in everyone's cranium haha because in person she was stunning but a lot smaller and less imposing than that picture.

Author:
Jeff
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:36:16 05/25/20 Mon

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Indeed. I remember also that she also did not have a very toned body. Of course it was good enough, but not among the best... and at that time, I feel like it mattered more than in later MU competitions... as example many of the recent MU winners under IMG had much less or a toned body than the winners from the 00s. I think Ghislaine's favoritism had something to do with groupthink created by Global Beauties and people fell for it. Because in comparison to other favs, she was less impressive from a neutral point of view.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi (nsi)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:29:03 05/26/20 Tue

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Message subject (required):

Name (Registered users only):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.