VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Tag post #3

Author:
eloise
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 09:51:58 05/23/20 Sat

Adding to the recent posts by Doot and Basketball (but USA only for now).

1. Girls you championed but fell out of love with during/after the pageant.

Lauren Barnett (In high school, I was voted prettiest! *stfu)
Jacqueline Bruno (She looked possessed.)
Tami Farrell (I really loved her at teen but sensed something off with her as a Miss)
Carrie Prejean (Man, what a dick.)
Tamiko Nash (Didnít like her MUO produced Tamiko Nash show)
Rima Fakih (gung-ho with her USA win but was happy she clapped at Universe)
MMM (ended up being unrelatable)
Audra Mari (again, something was off)
Jess Ahlberg (loved her but DOA)
Olivia Jordan (She was always screaming her answers)
Sarah Summers (sparkled at USA, totally shrill at Universe. I couldnít listen to her speak)

2. Girls you didnít care about at first but ended up loving during/after the pageant.

Maria Montgomery (Cutest thing!)
Jillian Wunderlich (looked like an angel)
Jazz Wilkins (Those legs!)
Michelle Leonardo (I like her mom lol)
Erin Brady (loved her immed after semi-finalist call)
Stacy Juris (there was this thing that went around before USA finals that she did something super bitchy so I was prepared to hate her. The opposite happened.)
Megan Pinkney (Sweet!)
Carolyn Bradarich (ADORABLE!!!)
Chhavi Verg (Oozed charm non-stop)

Your turn.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Hmm...good questions. (1) Championed but fell out of love: I agree 100% on Carrie Prejean (quickest fall from grace in history, LOL) and Rima Fakih, and I thought Sarah Summers was a great winner on the night of the pageant who never shined so brightly again. (2) Didn't care for but ended up loving: The first one that comes to mind is Nana Meriwether. I didn't really get her at all, even up to her 1st runner up finish. But when she took over as Miss USA, I really liked her a lot. In a way the same is true about Chesli, the current Miss USA. I have liked her more as Miss USA than as a contestant.

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:22:07 05/23/20 Sat

Hmm...good questions. (1) Championed but fell out of love: I agree 100% on Carrie Prejean (quickest fall from grace in history, LOL) and Rima Fakih, and I thought Sarah Summers was a great winner on the night of the pageant who never shined so brightly again. (2) Didn't care for but ended up loving: The first one that comes to mind is Nana Meriwether. I didn't really get her at all, even up to her 1st runner up finish. But when she took over as Miss USA, I really liked her a lot. In a way the same is true about Chesli, the current Miss USA. I have liked her more as Miss USA than as a contestant.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Oh, I thought of another for category 1. I was all excited about Katie Coble (North Carolina) in the lead-up to Miss USA 2017. But I fell out of love with her because he styling was all wrong. :-(

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:46:03 05/23/20 Sat

Oh, I thought of another for category 1. I was all excited about Katie Coble (North Carolina) in the lead-up to Miss USA 2017. But I fell out of love with her because he styling was all wrong. :-(

[> Subject: Didn't care for but ended up loving: 1997 Miss Florida Angelia Savage. Don't know why exactly, but I didn't like her at all. Then, after re-watching her performance, she absolutely killed it in swimsuit and evening gown (duh, she placed 1st in those categories during semifinals). Still, I didn't immediately see how. Later, I became a fan of Big Red. She was pretty fantastic.

Author:
SeminoleNation
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:14:19 05/26/20 Tue

[> [> Subject: When Angelia won Miss Florida USA I was kinda of disappointed because I kind of liked Shannon Smith (Angelia's 1st RU at FL USA) who would go onto become a perennial runner-up at FL USA, but Angelia was like amazeballs at Miss USA knocking it of the park in swimsuit and evening gown rounds. I knew her weakness was interview, but I didn't think she did to bad and I could have placed her Top 3, I didn't really care for TN.

Author:
Val Ewing (NSI)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:54:59 05/26/20 Tue

[> [> [> Subject: Pardon my atrocious spelling, punctuation and use of the English language, it long weekend hangover.

Author:
VE (NSI)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:57:37 05/26/20 Tue

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Message subject (required):

Name (Registered users only):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.