VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Miss Teen USA 2016

Author:
Original Rican
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 04:56:29 06/06/20 Sat

I have not followed Miss Teen USA in over 10 years. However, I was just reading that Miss Teen USA 2016 used the N word numerous times on social media prior to her crowning. Yet, she was allowed to keep her crown. Excuse me? She is a role model for teens and Miss universe allowed her to remain? Whats the back story?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: From what I remember, she used the “n” word a few years prior to her winning Miss Teen USA (I didn’t get her win @ all, BTW. She was very meh to me). After she won is when all that had resurfaced. There was a HUGE discussion on whether or not Karlie should resign or keep her crown.

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:55:03 06/09/20 Tue

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: She was 13. She was calling her friends.. hey N.... Like the rap songs. I Unfortunately she did wrote it, and someone has a vendetta against her because her daughter lost. I think they looked at it as a learning experience for the younger girls to try to teach them a lesson on not what to do. Teens thought they were "cool"

Author:
Also if you are young and you hear it in songs and have not been taught that it is wrong.... She was a kid. That is why it is important to EDUCATE...
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:39:03 06/10/20 Wed

[> Subject: Typical example of White privilege and ongoing violence against people of color in this country. White girl uses racial slurs and is rewarded with a national title and a lifetime of ongoing ease and privilege. Meanwhile, Black teens are incarcerated over minor infractions, if not beaten or killed by the police or racist vigilantes. Such a shame.

Author:
Nothing Changes
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:12:50 06/11/20 Thu

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Message subject (required):

Name (Registered users only):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.