VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Miss USA 2011

Author:
Sarah
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 18:57:41 07/09/20 Thu

I was randomly watching the Miss USA 2011 pageant the other day (you can find the full pageant on YouTube)

I just wanted to say that this was the last real group of STRONG girls that I can recall. I HATED how they announced the top 15 by geographical region and I am so glad that they didn't continue doing that.

I think Ana Rodriguez had the whole state of TX in the audience supporting her that year too because people were PISSED when she didn't win. To be fair, she was robbed and totally would have done better than Alyssa at Miss Universe. Miss TN was SO patty and I don't know how the heck she placed as far as she did.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: I totally agree with you. However, I donít question Alyssaís win, because she performed perfectly at USA, justifying her win. No one would have known or predicted her lackluster showing at Universe. I was all for Ana winning though!! Still donít know why it didnít come down to her and Alyssa.... hated them announcing groups that year. I try to forget that lol!!

Author:
Pixie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:09:36 07/09/20 Thu

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: She did perform well and I think everyone knew Alyssa had it in the bag. But TX was also flawless. I do wish Alyssa looked as great at Miss Universe as she did at Miss USA.

Author:
Sarah
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:24:22 07/09/20 Thu

[> Subject: I agree about 2011 being the last group of strong girls. I remember it was so hard to choose the top 15 because there were so many women that were strong even facially.

Author:
princess
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:42:21 07/09/20 Thu

[> Subject: 2011 was a strong year overall, and I thought Alyssa was a reasonable winner (in the sense that she did everything right in order to win), BUT wow was she skinny -- and that's even before arriving at Miss Universe where she looked even thinner. At the time, MUO was rewarding this body type a lot, but after Olivia Culpo it seemed to change, thank heavens, and now we are seeing somewhat healthier-looking bodies.

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:47:50 07/09/20 Thu

2011 was a strong year overall, and I thought Alyssa was a reasonable winner (in the sense that she did everything right in order to win), BUT wow was she skinny -- and that's even before arriving at Miss Universe where she looked even thinner. At the time, MUO was rewarding this body type a lot, but after Olivia Culpo it seemed to change, thank heavens, and now we are seeing somewhat healthier-looking bodies.

[> Subject: Alyssa is one of those rare contestants who, long before arriving at Miss USA, was perceived as a heavy favorite, lived up to the hype and won the title. I remember back in 2011, many visitors to this message board, including myself, had Alyssa on top of their list and for good reason. I also didnít like the Top 16 being called out by region Ė thankfully, they discontinue that. Luckily, Miss USA doesnít allocate a certain said amount for each region ala Miss Universe.

Author:
MLB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:04:24 07/10/20 Fri

[> Subject: Alyssaís USA win is unquestionable. Just like everyone else, I do wish she showed up looking like that at Universe. Iím glad she looks happy and healthy now. Sheís still one of the best Miss USAs for me, beautiful inside and out. One of the few formers who didnít go chasing their 15min of fame.

Author:
Alyssaís Pinoy Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:28:03 07/10/20 Fri

[> Subject: Speaking of 2011, I'm so still SO upset about Channing Pierce. I remember a lot of people had her picked to win just from her beauty alone but I remember she had a lackluster preliminary performance. I was rooting for her though!

Author:
Allie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:34:07 07/12/20 Sun

[> [> Subject: I would say it is less the prelims, but more people were rubbed the wrong way as she was seen a bit arrogant to some, it started with her close-up. The problem was that she won on her first try and was naturally confident and that is why her campaign to do vert well, as she shoykd have, failed.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi (nsi)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:58:51 07/12/20 Sun

[> [> Subject: I wish Raquel McClendon has won over Channing Pierce. I thought looked great in prelims, but I feel pretty good in saying that her interview was probably her weakness. When she did local tv in the lead up to USA she did not come across well.

Author:
Val Ewing
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:55:39 07/13/20 Mon

[> Subject: Alyssa had that crown hands down. All her movements and angles were spot on. Another one of those girls you just love watching compete because they make it look almost too easy...

Author:
She won USA the day she won California USA
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:40:13 07/13/20 Mon

[> Subject: Cannot believe that was almost 10 years ago....To this day, I still do not understand how Lissete Garcia (Miss Florida) did not advance past the swimsuit round. She killed that round. Her walk was memorable and one of the best swimsuit catwalks that I can recall. I guess the judges only wanted one Latina woman in the top 10 that year which was Ana.

Author:
Vlora
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:06:20 07/15/20 Wed

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Message subject (required):

Name (Registered users only):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.