VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Several that end up coming to mind but right off the bat, for USA itís totally 1996!! I was incredibly torn, yet so happy no matter what... I knew both were shoo-in top 5 for universe. (Plus, Ali is my homestate girl. LA went WILD)!! And for Teen USA, 2007 had to have been very close, Hilary was perfection, but I knew Alyssa was destined for greatness (which she WAS 4 yrs later)!! And for Universe, 2018 because I was at peace knowing Catriona would win and rightfully so, but South Africaís Tamaryn was great and any other year she would have won (I wonder if they would have a 3peat had that happened)...

Author:
:)
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 12:00:34 07/14/20 Tue
In reply to: eloise 's message, "Which final two was the MOST heartbreaking for you" on 19:41:19 06/18/20 Thu

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Ironically, Ali didn't make the Top 5 at Universe, as she was 6th place after the question round hah. I actually had Ali as 2RU, Kansas as 1RU, with my winner as Tennessee! Becca was a vision in Gown, and very smart (Vanderbilt grad!)

Author:
whoo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:31:43 07/14/20 Tue

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: Interview hurt Ali, but she still was and is just an outstanding woman, and still one of my favorites. Any of the three would have done well, but I donít think they would have finished any higher. I feel Alicia was the chosen one regardless.

Author:
:)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:29:05 07/14/20 Tue

[> [> [> [> Subject: Agreed. With the possible exception of Wendy Fitzwilliam, Alicia was - to me - the most obvious MUO winner of the 90s.

Author:
whoo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:16:30 07/15/20 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Agree about Alicia! All the other winners from the 90ís were unexpected except probably for Chelsea?

Author:
Alyssaís Pinoy Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:41:28 07/22/20 Wed

Agree about Alicia! All the other winners from the 90ís were unexpected except probably for Chelsea?

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: I donít think the 90s had too many unexpected winners... I was kind of surprised Dayanara won, but I wasnít speechless over it. All the winners were really amazing and didnít surprise me.

Author:
Pixie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:33:13 07/22/20 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: My quarantine project is watching all the 90s pageants. I've watched all of Miss USA, and 8/10 Universe (excluding 1990 and 1991). I did not agree with the winner of Miss USA (out of the Top 5/6) in one single solitary year. But I have so far agreed with 3 Miss Universes: 1994 (Sushmita), 1996 (Alicia), and 1998 (Wendy). I did not think Chelsi deserved either crown... WAY overrated in interview. She was fantastic at sounding intelligent while speaking nonsense. I would have gone with Florida for Miss USA and Trinidad/Tobago at Universe.

Author:
whoo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:03:16 07/23/20 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: I agree with you except (many will) with Chelsi. She was a shining star in everything she did. She wasnít perfect, but was solid in everything she did.

Author:
Pixie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:31:40 07/23/20 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Funnily enough, I had her as the winner of the semi-finals in both pageants, but bumped her down to 1RU at both USA and Universe after the judges questions.Overall, though she didn't quite do enough to win in my eyes, she was certainly magnificently beautiful.

Author:
whoo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:24:54 07/23/20 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: I think back then, unlike today, it was more so judged on the overall presentation in all phases of competition, meaning someone may not have the best answer, but is fine for them to still win. Today, itís mostly the strongest answers and interviewers that pull it off.

Author:
Pixie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:34:48 07/24/20 Fri

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: To add, NM would have won last year if that would have still been the case.

Author:
Pixie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:36:35 07/24/20 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: Thx for mentioning Vanderbilt!! As a fellow Vandy alumni, I'd like to chime in that in the alumni newsletter I receive Becca's official David Bartley appeared alongside an acknowledgement of her 2nd runner-up finish. Exciting & impressive.

Author:
nsi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:33:14 07/20/20 Mon

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Message subject (required):

Name (Registered users only):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.