VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Let's take it back to the 90s. Carole Gist could do not wrong, she should have won in 1990 but I get Mona today. Kelli McCarthy is a slut. But I liked her better at Universe. Shannon in 1992 was out of place and looking at the 92 usa group had no business winning. Kenya did good in 93. Lu Parker always reminded me of a 50 year old pretty soccer mom. Her universe performance was fine but she looked old. Ali could have been top 3 but her top 6 question was dreadful. Shawnae did good but I'm still devastated Shauna didn't win.

Author:
Original Rican
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 18:35:31 07/23/20 Thu
In reply to: Old Fan/New Name 's message, "Excluding the Miss USAís that did not make the cut and the Miss USAís that became Miss Universe, who do you think gave the best and worst performance at Miss Universe from the rest? For me, the best was a toss-up between Hayek, Finnessey, and Sanchez, but Iíll select Shandi as she carried herself well and was genuinely excited for Jennifer. For the worst, itís between Shanley and Marketic, but Iíll go with Mai because of her attitude when she was selected as a SF and her interview. Yours?" on 18:57:33 07/22/20 Wed

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: I could never even get a good general impression of Lu Parker because I was distracted by the constant, never ending lip smacking and mouthing "Thank You!"

Author:
JustM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:14:30 07/23/20 Thu

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: lol amen to that! My mental picture of Lu is of her going down the line of judges and bowing her head and mouthing "thank you" to each one. As much as I totally got her win at USA, I always felt she fell in the category of Miss USA's who got a wild card spot in the semis at Universe for being "Miss USA"

Author:
Cali_Dude
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:08:14 07/24/20 Fri

Last edited by author: Fri July 24, 2020 09:22:33   Edited 5 times.

[> [> [> [> Subject: I never got Lu Parker. There was something sort of "tough" about her, as if she rolled her own tampons and was ready to get into a fistfight.

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:20:29 07/24/20 Fri

I never got Lu Parker. There was something sort of "tough" about her, as if she rolled her own tampons and was ready to get into a fistfight.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: ROTFLMAO!!! I'm not sure why, but when I think of tampon rolling and initiating fist fights, Terri Utley is the first former that comes to my mind.

Author:
JustM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:47:31 07/24/20 Fri

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Teri Utley would have gotten one of those good ol' guys from the back of the pick-up truck to do her fightin' for her, LOL!!

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:44:06 07/24/20 Fri

Teri Utley would have gotten one of those good ol' guys from the back of the pick-up truck to do her fightin' for her, LOL!!

[> [> [> Subject: If Lu represented Montana she would not have made the cut. She was military or cadet, she has a hard tough exterior. I think what won her the crown was the Sharon Faulkner story which was also 1994. She was able to connect her story. Like Deshauna in 2016 who had no business making the cut. Lu at Universe was out of place. And she gained about 50lbs by 1995. Thank you, thank you.. Omg it was horrible. Pat should have won and likely would have been top 3 at Universe.

Author:
Original Rican
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:49:43 07/24/20 Fri

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Message subject (required):

Name (Registered users only):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.