VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: A Matter of Time Ė Part II

Author:
MLB
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 22:55:44 07/24/20 Fri

Following up to my previous question. The following countries (Canada, Colombia, Japan and Thailand) have won the Miss Universe title multiple times, however, each has yet to capture the Miss World title. Each of these countries has come very close (among the top 5). Among these four countries, predict in order which will win the World title first. This might be a little tougher because, as we know, Julia Morley really picks the winner.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: This I don't know, as I don't really follow Miss World, but somehow Japan strikes me as a Miss World type of country. Followed by Thailand, Colombia, Canada... but that is just guessing.

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:58:29 07/24/20 Fri

This I don't know, as I don't really follow Miss World, but somehow Japan strikes me as a Miss World type of country. Followed by Thailand, Colombia, Canada... but that is just guessing.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Agreed. No one can tell because Julia picks the winner. There is no actual pageant where the girls actually get judged based on performance. The fasttracks donít even really count because one of the girls she chose to crown didnít win any of those. Thailand is supposed to win in the next 3 yrs but theyíre back at the bottom of Juliaís waiting list after they cancelled their planned 2019 hosting. Brazilís next MW crown is long overdue. I canít believe she hasnít rewarded her loyal Brazilian fans yet (who throughout decades, insist in their website that MW is better than MU). LOL.

Author:
Alyssaís Pinoy Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:56:18 07/25/20 Sat

Agreed. No one can tell because Julia picks the winner. There is no actual pageant where the girls actually get judged based on performance. The fasttracks donít even really count because one of the girls she chose to crown didnít win any of those. Thailand is supposed to win in the next 3 yrs but theyíre back at the bottom of Juliaís waiting list after they cancelled their planned 2019 hosting. Brazilís next MW crown is long overdue. I canít believe she hasnít rewarded her loyal Brazilian fans yet (who throughout decades, insist in their website that MW is better than MU). LOL.

[> [> [> Subject: What's the story of the USA winner I think 2011. Then Miss World coming to DC in I think 2016? Where Audri Muri was the rep.

Author:
Original Rican
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:00:50 07/25/20 Sat

[> Subject: 1. Thailand 2. Japan 3. Colombia 4. Canada

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:18:31 07/25/20 Sat

[> Subject: Excellent topic MLB..I believe all these 4 could win World. The most likely is Thailand due to huge popularity of pageants there and as they crown tones of biracial women anyways the language will not be an issue. MW franchises in Canada, multiple ones, have been a hot mess if there is one. Despite that, Canada did well including after the year 2000 where pageant popularity in Canada hit ground 0%. Both Canada and Thsiland are clearly MU first countries, the latter despite being a former UK colony. Morley courted Latin America for many years. Before Mexico won in 2018, there were runner-ups time and time again, that is why I could see Colombia win it. Japan is the least likely, unless a sponsor from there shows up. More emphasis on Intl and Universe anyways, and a territory where not a lot of people master Englush to the extent that they could rock interview. I see Japanese as no nonsense people, so Morley's fakeness does not attract many girls to tiny national prelimjnary..

Author:
HaetPlusSeksi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:04:37 07/28/20 Tue

[> Subject: Colombia Thailand Canada Japan

Author:
eloise
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:45:49 07/29/20 Wed

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Message subject (required):

Name (Registered users only):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.