VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: MIGBELIS CASTELLANOS (MISS VENEZUELA 2013)

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 16:17:38 07/28/20 Tue

She was solidly locked as my Miss Universe 2014 winner when she was crowned Miss Venezuela in 2013. However, she had to wait an arduous 15 months (!!!) to compete on the MU stage and justifiably started to lose interest and determination.

In 2018, she won Nuestra Belleza Latina.

I came across this recent video of Migbelis and had no clue it was her. She is unrecognizable compared to her Miss Venezuela/Miss Universe days.

Glad she is happy and seems to be having lots of fun.

Last edited by author: Tue July 28, 2020 16:37:15   Edited 2 times.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: I loved her at Miss Universe & was pissed she didn't advance. I rarely like MUVZ because they're all the same, but there was something genuine & not overworked about her. Now she looks completely different. Why do beautiful girls do this :( Now she looks like Kristiina Heinmets' sister.

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:40:55 07/28/20 Tue

Last edited by author: Tue July 28, 2020 16:41:49   Edited 1 time.
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

[> [> Subject: LOL! Kristiina was a dancer (at least with creepy George Hamilton), so maybe that's what inspired Migbelis to dance in the video. I agree with you about MUVZ. I only find a handful of them gorgeous and she was one of them. They styled her incorrectly for MU but I figure after 15 months of waiting, she was over and done with it. She may be the record holder for the delegate that had to wait the longest to compete after winning her national title.

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:13:31 07/28/20 Tue

[> [> [> Subject: Completely false. Asli Bayram of Germany waited for almost two years. Even Oxana waited longer before MU 2002, Miss Russia from 94 also competed in 98. For Venezuelan winners, the pageant was simply too early. Gabriela was crowned in August 2012 and competed in November 2013, and it's far from being an exception.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi (nsi)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:15:51 07/30/20 Thu

[> [> [> Subject: Wait, so Kristiina & Georgie-boy were pairs on the same show??

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:52:24 08/01/20 Sat

[> Subject: OMG!!!! WHAT DID SHE DO TO HERSELF???

Author:
THAT DANCE IS LEWD
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:25:48 07/29/20 Wed

[> [> Subject: I know. Completely unnecessary changes.

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:03:58 07/31/20 Fri

[> Subject: Probably the most bashed Miss Venezuela in recent times. We were all hoping that she will surprise us all in Doral but that didn’t happen, unfortunately. I’m still puzzled why she competed like that and more surprised that Osmel allowed her to go. But I agree that she’s somehow a breath of fresh air. She’s no plastic and in fact too natural for a Miss Venezuela.

Author:
Alyssa’s Pinoy Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:37:46 07/30/20 Thu

Probably the most bashed Miss Venezuela in recent times. We were all hoping that she will surprise us all in Doral but that didn’t happen, unfortunately. I’m still puzzled why she competed like that and more surprised that Osmel allowed her to go. But I agree that she’s somehow a breath of fresh air. She’s no plastic and in fact too natural for a Miss Venezuela.

[> [> Subject: Well now she’s plastic lol. She was lovely then now she looks like something.... else.

Author:
Change isn’t always good
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:58:44 07/30/20 Thu

[> Subject: When she was crowned MV, she looked like a MU winner (this pic is not the best of her). At one point, she gained a lot of weight but the last two months, she actually lost it and looked good. I think she was giving it all when in Doral-Miami and seemed on and motivated. The top 10 is the right placement for her, but top 15 would have been fine too. Personality+ for sure.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi (nsi)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:19:19 07/30/20 Thu

[> Subject: I would have had preferred her in the top 5 instead of Nia.

Author:
IN2Pageants
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:14:26 07/30/20 Thu

[> [> Subject: Nia deserved it and placed even higher, Netherlands was the one that probably edged her out.

Author:
Pixie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:07:10 07/30/20 Thu

[> [> [> Subject: It's not clear to me that anyone "edged out" Migbelis for a spot in the Top 5. After EG, I would have ranked her last among the Top 10. That really was not a good look for her. We'll never know the final rankings, but I have to assume Spain and Australia, and maybe Philippines, finished ahead of her.

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:12:34 07/30/20 Thu

It's not clear to me that anyone "edged out" Migbelis for a spot in the Top 5. After EG, I would have ranked her last among the Top 10. That really was not a good look for her. We'll never know the final rankings, but I have to assume Spain and Australia, and maybe Philippines, finished ahead of her.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Yes. While I agree about Migbelis top 10 being fair, I think in terms of EG, she was the weakest in that top 10, which was excellent, btw. I think Migbelis looked a little short in a gown that also leaves a lot to be desired. But her energy was addictive and I do feel top 10 was overall derserved.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi (nsi)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:24:37 07/30/20 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: 100% agreed with this. I never minded her body and thought her energy and beauty was infectious; one of my highest scoring in swimsuit. But she was dead-last in evening gown, and was nowhere near that Top 5. Especially since that was also the year of Desiree Ferrer, who I believe is the delegate (of this century) most snubbed in terms of the Semi-Finals > Finals cut.

Author:
whoo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:09:45 07/31/20 Fri

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: I just rewatched the EG competition from that pageant. (https://youtu.be/X_vUJci7BdQ) Honestly, I don't know what Migbelis was thinking with that gown choice. It actually accentuated her belly and it was obviously too short. I don't mean to be getting all down on her, because I liked her, but this is a case where a gown choice is just puzzling.

Author:
Doot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:11:16 07/31/20 Fri

I just rewatched the EG competition from that pageant. (https://youtu.be/X_vUJci7BdQ) Honestly, I don't know what Migbelis was thinking with that gown choice. It actually accentuated her belly and it was obviously too short. I don't mean to be getting all down on her, because I liked her, but this is a case where a gown choice is just puzzling.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Her gown choices at MU (prelims and finals) were ATROCIOUS! The crazy thing is, leading up to MU she was posting various pics on IG where she was modeling some amazing dresses! Lord knows what happened but she looked like Honey Boo Boo in prelims and by the time she walked out in EG during the live telecast, I crossed her name out on my list so hard I tore the paper. Some, including American designer and former Project Runway contestant Nik Verreos, wondered if she couldn't fit into a better gown. Clearly her weight was fluctuating for a good 12 months.

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:54:57 07/31/20 Fri

[> Subject: She's trashy, perfect for South Florida. But, I love that she went batshit crazy on the attacks against Osmel. Rare for a Venezuelan queen, and you know many wanted to....!

Author:
Hot hubby/BF too.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:22:34 07/31/20 Fri

[> [> Subject: Hmmm, “Hot hubby/BF too”, I SO want to know who you are ;) ;)

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:49:00 08/01/20 Sat

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Message subject (required):

Name (Registered users only):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.