VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: You hit the nail on the head, Doot! This crowning was spectacular! Leave it to a Miss Venezuela to stay on her 7" heels even after getting zambonied by Miss Ghana. I think the reason Veruska looked so emotional is because of her Cinderella story. I believe she was orphaned at a very young age and grew up very poor. Marena Bencomo randomly saw Veruska one day during her reign and urged her to apply for Miss Venezuela due to her height. Veruska ended up beating heavy favorites for the national title in a most unexpected win. My next favorite crowning was in 2001. Yes, the whole damn show was rigged. But I will never forget the intensifying roar of the crowd as Miss Venezuela (Eva Ekvall) and Miss USA (Kandace Krueger) were announced as 3rd and 2nd RU, respectively. We all knew what was coming but the energy in the building that night was crazy. No need for MUO's canned applause! lol

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 00:05:42 08/01/20 Sat
In reply to: Doot 's message, "Your favorite MUO crowning?" on 16:24:45 07/31/20 Fri

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: I love this entire comment. It was evident Wendy was very well loved by all of her peers. In fact, I think even Venz was loved too, and she was so gracious fighting through everyone to give Wendy a real hug before she walked the stage. That was definitely one of my favorite eras. I know Brook Lee would be hard to top, but to me she was equally as awesome. Any of the top 5 would have been deserving. I love those kind of years!

Author:
Pixie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:32:48 08/04/20 Tue

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Message subject (required):

Name (Registered users only):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.