VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: The MU2012 judges were eyeing on Irene all night, with Olivia not so far behind. But both messed up their FQ so the judges got so confused, made a split second decision, settled for Olivia and painfully placed Irene on third despite that awful interview. They were clearly looking for facial beauty at that time.

Author:
Alyssas Pinoy Fan
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 01:09:55 09/22/20 Tue
In reply to: Fan 's message, "Contestants who were going to win until the final question" on 19:06:29 09/21/20 Mon

The MU2012 judges were eyeing on Irene all night, with Olivia not so far behind. But both messed up their FQ so the judges got so confused, made a split second decision, settled for Olivia and painfully placed Irene on third despite that awful interview. They were clearly looking for facial beauty at that time.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Agreed. Irene was clearly #1 in their eyes because if scoring was solely based on FQ, she would have been 4th RU. The fact she placed 2nd RU (like Anea Garcia at MUSA 2015) indicates she was the frontrunner up until that point.

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:14:12 09/22/20 Tue

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: Irene Esser in that green gown was another contestant who was clearly a standout from the audience as Miss Venezuela. Osmel knew how to make his girls pop onstage. That being said, I don't think Irene (or Anea) would have won even if they didn't bomb their answers. Looking good is one thing, but I have to give the two Olivias - Culpo and Jordan - credit for showing personality when it counted. Anea unraveled from program-settings and Irene was too busy trying to be fun and crazy and a laidback surfer all at once.

Author:
1st runner up at best IMO.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:21:35 09/22/20 Tue

[> [> [> [> Subject: Maybe Anea but not Irene. Irene has more personality than Olivia C who was walking like she had a neck or back problem. I dont understand how she made past SS and EG with that walk. But yes, we all agree shes facially very Miss Universe. And she got me after gracefully handling that interview with a rude reporter (who obviously grew up bullied for being ugly) during her reign.

Author:
Alyssas Pinoy Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:10:32 09/22/20 Tue

Maybe Anea but not Irene. Irene has more personality than Olivia C who was walking like she had a neck or back problem. I dont understand how she made past SS and EG with that walk. But yes, we all agree shes facially very Miss Universe. And she got me after gracefully handling that interview with a rude reporter (who obviously grew up bullied for being ugly) during her reign.

[> [> [> [> Subject: You weren't kiidding about Irene being too busy trying to be fun and crazy and i thought it made her more annoying. I remember when she won Miss Venezuela, she had a more calm, elegant, classy demeanor where I felt she was probably programmed by Osmel to have a more out-there happy go lucky personality at Miss Universe to stand out

Author:
Cali_Dude
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:23:35 09/23/20 Wed

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Message subject (required):

Name (Registered users only):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.