VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Even drag queens don't do this. Why doesn't the pageant just call it Miss Backcountry Village Whore International?

Author:
Yeah, ain't no Westernized halfie from Canada or Australia or the US or UK doing this.
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 14:29:29 10/13/20 Tue
In reply to: MU_Critic 's message, "MISS GRAND THAILAND 2020 INTROS" on 00:59:08 10/13/20 Tue

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: QUESTION: Would you rather have these types of intros and NO Steve Harvey or Steve Harvey and classy intros? lmao

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:44:52 10/13/20 Tue

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: No Steve Harvey!! At least these intros are more funny and entertaining than him

Author:
Cali_Dude
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:47:45 10/13/20 Tue

[> [> [> Subject: Current Tally -- Drag Queen Intros: 4 ||||||| Steve Harvey: 1

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:15:48 10/13/20 Tue

Last edited by author: Wed October 14, 2020 20:27:30   Edited 2 times.

[> [> [> Subject: Easily intros like this. Steve Harvey needs to go.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi (nsi).
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:48:05 10/14/20 Wed

[> [> Subject: I will never get the hate on Steve Harvey. Other than the “error” in 2015, I think he’s a great host. He makes the announcement of winners exciting and not rushed like in the past editions.

Author:
Alyssa’s Pinoy Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:32:12 10/14/20 Wed

I will never get the hate on Steve Harvey. Other than the “error” in 2015, I think he’s a great host. He makes the announcement of winners exciting and not rushed like in the past editions.

[> [> [> Subject: Lol I think I just barfed!!

Author:
Pixie (He’s an awful pageant host)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:18:41 10/14/20 Wed

[> [> [> [> Subject: I don’t know. I’m an outsider and very conservative but I get the humor and I do not find it offensive. I don’t also see how he makes it all about himself like everyone else is pointing out. He’s hosting just fine, and I heard girls saying he helped them feel relaxed during rehearsals so that must have made him throw those jokes, just a friendly joke no offense meant. I find Billy Bush’s “Mexico is South America” and “South American dog fight” jokes more cringy. The only other past host that I prefer over Steve is Daisy Fuentes.

Author:
Alyssa’s Pinoy Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:35:31 10/15/20 Thu

I don’t know. I’m an outsider and very conservative but I get the humor and I do not find it offensive. I don’t also see how he makes it all about himself like everyone else is pointing out. He’s hosting just fine, and I heard girls saying he helped them feel relaxed during rehearsals so that must have made him throw those jokes, just a friendly joke no offense meant. I find Billy Bush’s “Mexico is South America” and “South American dog fight” jokes more cringy. The only other past host that I prefer over Steve is Daisy Fuentes.

[> [> [> Subject: Seriously? He makes it all about himself and acts egocentric and his lack of empathy is covered by humor.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi (nsi).
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:47:48 10/14/20 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: I agree. He's the trump of the pageant world - all eyes/cameras/attention on me. So over SH. In addition, I really have grown to dislike the overdrawn announcement of the runners-up and the winner now. The over-dramatic music and 12 camera pans back and forth between three/five/six remaining contestants. Just announce all the RUs and the winner quickly and correctly, just the way they did back in the day, and call it a night.

Author:
HIM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:01:47 10/14/20 Wed

[> [> [> [> Subject: @ HIM: You pointed out one aspect of the pageant that is so quick and easy to modify yet would tremendously improve the overall show. Even the announcement of the Top 15 should be done all in one shot. The host can continue the "get to know you" segment after the commercial break. The long drawn-out announcements is lulling and if it wasn't for the giant bottle of Prosecco I make love to every year on finals night, I don't think I'd be able to sit through 3 hours of it! P.s. Harvey also botched the Best National Costume Award last year.

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:31:28 10/14/20 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: If you notice they drag the finalists out in the first hour for ratings. there are other questionable actions. Gown at universe was barely 8 minutes while ss was barely 6 minutes.

Author:
Original Rican
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:33:13 10/15/20 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: 2016 was the most brazen attempt to screw viewers out of lengthy competitive segments. EG that year was a mere 4:02 including the clapper parade at the beginning. The semi-finalists only got 2:40 combined on screen since they came out in groups of three.

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:44:37 10/15/20 Thu

[> [> [> [> Subject: I agree. Back in da day, there were able to squeeze so much in just two hours and focus more on the contestants and competitions. The 3 hour format is too much and lots of unnecessary filler like Steve Harvey and Lu Sierra time. Just the announcement of the semifinalists, top 5 is too much and lacks the thrill factor since it takes drags and takes forever to the point where I start microwaving some Geno Pizza Rolls during the announcement. And it doesn't make sense how the contestants only get a one second intro where we don't hear their voices at all.

Author:
Cali_Dude
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:22:37 10/18/20 Sun

Last edited by author: Sun October 18, 2020 12:28:11   Edited 1 time.

[> [> [> Subject: My issue with Steve Harvey is that he makes everything about himself. The 10 minute intro last year was painful and yes it was the producers who made it that way, but even while he interviews it always ends up segwaying back to him (ex. always bringing up the 2015 error, how his wife is not going to like him interacting with beautiful women, etc).

Author:
Cali_Dude
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:15:42 10/18/20 Sun

Last edited by author: Sun October 18, 2020 12:17:35   Edited 2 times.

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Message subject (required):

Name (Registered users only):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.