VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: https://youtu.be/2GyeVlVgH1w

Author:
D
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 00:57:06 10/18/20 Sun

Watch "Miss Virginia 1993 pageant" on YouTube

Pat Southall was 4th runner up
Andrea Belangee was 2nd runner up
The 1st runner up won the followiny year and was 1st runner up at Miss America

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: oh wow. Didn't know Pat Southall competed at Miss Virginia America. She looked stunning as usual there and recalled thinking back in the day that she should've tried for Miss America since she was so articulate. I loved Cullen Johnson and would've loved to see her win in 95 but Heather Whitestone was hard to top that year

Author:
Cali_Dude
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:54:04 10/18/20 Sun

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Why exactly did Heather win? If you remove the disability, I didn't find her attractive (wait wrong pageant). Now I know why she won.

Author:
Original Rican
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:56:09 10/18/20 Sun

[> [> [> Subject: Its Miss America. I think being hearing impaired may have helped her out but her talent was what i think won it for her since she performed the ballet to music she couldn't hear. Her moves were perfect with the music to the point that my brother was convinced she was only pretending that she couldn't hear the music lol

Author:
Cali_Dude
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:02:23 10/18/20 Sun

[> [> [> [> Subject: Okay folks I have to say this. Go to YouTube and see the entire crowning of Heather Whitestone and the runners up. The fourth runner up (Indiana) is on the far right, and Heather Whitestone is second from the left. (So they weren't holding hands). Now when Regis Philbin says that Indiana is the fourth runner up, immediately Heather Whitestone turns her head to the left. So how did she know that Indiana was the fourth runner up unless she actually heard Regis say that? Is she deaf- yes but I never thought

Author:
she was 100% deaf.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:04:14 10/18/20 Sun

[> [> [> [> Subject: I will give that. But by this point, wasn't that routine practiced to death? And someome could have given her the cue to start which likely happens to all the girls anyway.

Author:
Original Rican
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:03:01 10/18/20 Sun

[> [> [> [> Subject: I've always wondered that myself and she probably did know her routine by heart by beat counting. She possibly was partially deaf like Miss Washington in the 1990 pageant.

Author:
Cali_Dude
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:57:53 10/21/20 Wed

[> Subject: Three Teen USA/USA delegates were on the roster: Andrea Ballengee (VA Teen USA 1992 and Top 12 @ Teen USA 1992), Patricia Southall (VA USA 1994 and 1st RU @ Miss USA 1994), Audra Wilks (VA Teen USA 1988 and VA USA 1997). Among the former Miss VAs was Shannon De Puy (FL USA 1995 and Top 6 @ Miss USA 1995).

Author:
Basketball_Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:59:37 10/18/20 Sun

[> Subject: Andrea Ballangee (Pruess) had an interesting pageant path after this. Winning Miss Virginia in 1995 then later removed, followed by winning Mrs. America in 2005 and competing in a somewhat weird Mrs. World pageant where the wrong winner was called. They did a do-ever that year, along with some cherub being lowered, twice, onto the stage with the Mrs. World crown.

Author:
HIM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:38:00 10/19/20 Mon

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Message subject (required):

Name (Registered users only):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.