VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: The Miss Teen USA 2005 Pageant..your thoughts

Author:
Cali_Dude
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 12:51:02 10/18/20 Sun

Last edited by author: Sun October 18, 2020 12:51:31   Edited 1 time.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Love Allie LaForce. She's a true asset to the Miss Teen USA brand. I respect the fact that in her post-pageant life she worked towards her goal of becoming a sports reporter and she's an amazing one. Back to Miss Teen USA 2005, it seems like most of this class moved on with their lives beyond pageants pretty quickly, as only 5 returned to Miss USA, the lowest number of the NBC years.

Author:
Basketball_Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:13:49 10/18/20 Sun

Last edited by author: Sun October 18, 2020 14:14:49   Edited 1 time.
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

[> [> Subject: Do you have all this pageant trivia written down in a black book or is your memory just that good?! I would hate to be facing off with you on Jeopardy only to have Alex Trebek state that the clue for Final Jeopardy is "Beauty Pageants". I'd disqualify myself and tell producers to hand you the check! :)

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:26:20 10/18/20 Sun

[> [> [> Subject: No memory bank or spreadsheet LOL. It's all Google, Wiki, and YouTube for facts.

Author:
Basketball_Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:44:05 10/18/20 Sun

Last edited by author: Sun October 18, 2020 18:46:16   Edited 1 time.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Haha! It's still pretty incredible!

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:52:44 10/18/20 Sun

[> Subject: Fee-fi-fo-fum...I hail from the state of Michigan! Catherine Laurion towering over the rest is the one thing I remember most vividly from this pageant. I also recall rolling my eyes when Allie mentioned she scored the winning run on her all boys baseball team (we heard this like every year!) but the fact she pursued a career in sports journalism has allowed me to forgive her after 2 decades. lol Allie was and still is a beauty. 2004 (Shelley Hennig) and 2005 was perhaps the strongest back-to-back crowning (in terms of beauty at Teen) imo.

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:00:43 10/18/20 Sun

Last edited by author: Sun October 18, 2020 21:35:50   Edited 1 time.

[> Subject: I wish Stephanie Brink (CA) and Latasha Lawrie (KS) had returned to compete for the Miss USA title. Stunning beauties with great gown presentations!

Author:
PurdueQueen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:26:14 10/19/20 Mon

[> [> Subject: ditto

Author:
dink
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:47:48 10/20/20 Tue

[> [> Subject: Stephanie Brink screamed Miss USA to me, so I'm surprised that she didn't compete in Miss (might be wrong on this). She reminded me a lot of tennis player Maria Sharapova who I also found beautiful.

Author:
annie55
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:46:14 10/20/20 Tue

[> [> [> Subject: It was s shock she finished as 4th runner-up. Based on her performance, I thought she should have won or be in the top 3 at the very least. She never did pageants in state USA divisions.

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi (nsi).
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:51:03 10/20/20 Tue

[> Subject: Allie Laforce and Catherine Laurion is one of my favorite top 2's of all time. It could've went either way. I would've put Stephanie Brink as 2nd runner up and would've loved to see Natasha Lawrie up here. Also thought Alessandra Torres and Sonja Garness got cut too early, even though her styling totally screamed Elly Mae Clampett. 2005 is one of my favorite Miss Teen pageants and one of my favorite Miss Teen winners of all time

Author:
Cali_Dude
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:42:20 10/21/20 Wed

Last edited by author: Wed October 21, 2020 17:26:30   Edited 1 time.

[> [> Subject: This is one of my favorite TUSA pageants as well, and the Top 2 were amazing! Gotta love my Ohio girl ;) I couldn't believe Kentucky (Sarah Withers) didn't advance to the Top 10. I thought she was beautiful and her gown was amazing. Ditto on Latasha. That girl was a future Miss Universe.

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:50:30 10/21/20 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: I forgot about Kentucky! She was gorgeous and I loved her hair too

Author:
Cali_Dude
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:16:22 10/22/20 Thu

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Message subject (required):

Name (Registered users only):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.