|Subject: AMERICAS - Take Your Picks|
[ Edit | View ]
Date Posted: 01:12:05 04/27/21 Tue
I'm hoping that MUO does not do regional selections this year, but to narrow our choices, who are your Top 5 Picks from each region?
Here are the candidates from the AMERICAS (photo courtesy of missuupdates IG):
My Top 5 (overall impression, not just on the photos above)-
(1) JAMAICA - Still my pick to win. I also feel like Jamaica's due for a Miss Universe win. If she does, Jamaica will be one of the few countries to hold the MU and MW crowns simultaneously.
(2) CHILE - My sentimental pick to win. She's so beautiful to me and I hope she's recognized despite not having a strong sash.
(3) PERU - Another stunner to me. She also seems to have a great and engaging personality.
(4) BOLIVIA - I'm basing this on her other pics and video (and NOT on the pic above which is terrible). Like PERU, another beautiful girl with tons of personality.
(5) CURACAO - Just based on pics, she's easily in my Top 2 with JAMAICA. But I feel let down by her videos, seems a bit too programmed to me (I know she has autism but I hope she can somehow show great personality onstage).
The Americas has easily the most competitive group. I'm hoping that there are no regional cuts this year because so many stunners might be left out. I think this year's winner will come from this group. Other comments -
HAITI - Easily one of the best reps from her country. I hope she makes the cut.
USA - I honestly liked her more leading up to Miss USA. I feel like some of the spark is going, but perhaps she'll turn it on again come finals.
DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - An early frontrunner, but has been overshadowed recently. Perhaps I'm writing her off too early though. She might still be a contender (I'm also eagerly awaiting her official video)
NICARAGUA - Girl with a thousand faces is actually impressing me again. I won't be surprised if she makes the cut.
MEXICO - I didn't quite get her high placement at Miss World, and I'm still not convinced about her. Perhaps there's something I'm missing with her stage presence, so I won't begrudge her perhaps making the Top 5 again.
BRAZIL - Another one who did well at Miss World who I didn't quite get. I think Brazil has a strong sash nowadays so I won't be surprised if she makes the cut.
CANADA - Yes she will project a good interview and I actually think she's beautiful, but I can't quite justify putting her on my Top 21.
COLOMBIA - When I think about all the stunners who were left clapping at the Miss Colombia, I get really pissed off. I know that the corruption allegations at the national pageant are just "allegations" but I will yell at my TV if she makes the cut.
Last edited by author: Tue April 27, 2021 01:51:38
Edited 3 times.
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
- Jamaica, Mexico, Peru, Panama, Curacao. (NT) -- This is a very strong group!, 01:42:23 04/27/21 Tue
- WANT: CURACAO, JAMAICA, BARBADOS, BOLIVIA, CHILE ---- THINK: CANADA, MEXICO, BRAZIL, DR, VENEZUELA, COLOMBIA (USA and PR will get a wildcard) (NT) -- MU_Critic (unable to sign in), 02:32:02 04/27/21 Tue
- So many options here and I agree with Jamaica being also my favorite. I have Mexico and Curaçao very close behind. To round up my continental top 5, I choose Venezuela and Canada. But I also adore Costa Rica , Bolivia and the Dom. Rep. as the only Blatina will be there, but I also want to look at her close-up as I am unsure how she interviews. (NT) -- HawtPlusSeksi (nsi)., 02:57:21 04/27/21 Tue
- Curaçao, Dominican Rep., Peru, Jamaica, Chile (NT) -- Zander, 03:19:54 04/27/21 Tue
- I don’t remember any edition where both Venezuela and Colombia did not making the cut. Looks like this could be the year? With Regional or not, they’re not just up to their usual standards. -- Alyssa’s Pinoy Fan, 07:58:43 04/27/21 Tue
- I would be elated for Phillipines, USA, South Africa, Venezuela and Colombia to all miss the cut. I would include Thailand and Indonesia but it's time for them to finally win. Thailand is past due for a win. While we are at it Canada can be left out too I am fed up talking about BLM and I am sure she will bring up George Floyd every opportunity. (NT) -- Original Rican, 08:15:23 04/27/21 Tue
- Ditto on all counts! (NT) -- MU_Critic (Unable to sign in), 08:42:27 04/27/21 Tue
- If the girls "compete" in "monologue" to cut down from 21 to 10, then Nova is in for sure! She is working with Natalie Glebova along the way, and yes George Floyd or the fact that she has not seen her mum since she was 6 in a refugee camp, will be brought up. To her credit, Nova is also excellent in SS. If the MU org. does not want her, they better do a Fig O'Reilly and exclude her from 21... as with the far-left, all female selection committee with BLM agenda popular in these milieux, Nova may just win the whole enchilada! Is the 6 year Latina winning gap acceptable though, with Telemundo being back? Maybe, if the next winner will be crowned in December or January. (NT) -- HawtPlusSeksi (nsi), 17:49:24 04/27/21 Tue
- The last MU where Venezuela and Colombia both did not make the cut was 1982. The Latin Americans that made the cut @ MU 1982 were Brazil (Top 12), Peru (Top 12 and host country), Uruguay (Top 12). (NT) -- Basketball_Fan (unable to login), 19:46:28 04/27/21 Tue
- Omg Bahamas! Curaçao Costa Rica and DR. Side note. USA does not look the same (NT) -- South star, 09:52:48 04/27/21 Tue
- From this group, the best bets when everything is factored in are USA, Venezuela, Puerto Rico, Colombia, Brazil, Mexico, Dominican Republic. (NT) -- Basketball_Fan (unable to login), 11:17:23 04/27/21 Tue
- The most diverse group but none of these girls stand out to me. Unfortunately, we know Canada is the strongest bet with a all female liberal selection panel. While I do not think USA deserves a spot, she is strong enough to get in on her own. As much as I can do without Venezuela, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Brazil, Colombia, DR, many of them will get in. For me, they all neck and neck so it comes down to performance. (NT) -- Original Rican, 11:36:09 04/27/21 Tue
- Barbados, Bolivia, Chile, Haiti, and Nicaragua (NT) -- WilliamNYC, 12:36:03 04/27/21 Tue
- chile, curacao, el salvador, mexico, peru (NT) -- dink (nsi), 19:52:18 04/27/21 Tue
- We have pretty much the same top girls for this region!! I swear if politics weren't involved, this would probably be the result. I'd be really surprised if Venezuela, Puerto Rico, Mexico and Colombia make it this year, they're definitely not ugly, but they're definitely not the best in the region.Give them different sashes and I'm SURE they'd be clapping. (NT) -- supragirl, 22:11:42 04/27/21 Tue
- The Strongest group like always, i can see ten of them will sneak to top 20, and my goodess three of them might snatch the crown, so my top 10 pickes are : CANADA, PERU, BRAZIL, MEXICO, CURACAO, USA, COSTA RICA, DR, VENEZUELA and COLOMBIA (NT) -- Favorites might missed the cut are CHILE, JAMAICA AND PUERTO RICO., 20:06:44 04/29/21 Thu
- I would be more than thrilled if 🇨🇴 Colombia missed the cut. The rep is weaker than average, and I hate the fact that Nathalie Ackermann Montealerge just took over just like this, one of the oldest national pageants to get the MU franchise. A huge shame, especially taking into account how Nathalie managed to represent Germany at MU2006 and the SCAM that happened at the time. Enough with tiny franchises now, restore the REAL pageants to represent countries! (NT) -- HawtPlusSeksi (nsi), 22:50:37 04/29/21 Thu
- If people cannot look at these headshots and realize the pageant is now going a more natural look versus glam I don't know what to tell them. Tone down your state pageants. (NT) -- Me, 11:33:27 04/30/21 Fri
- CHILE, CURACAO, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, JAMAICA & MEXICO...amazing group, this was difficult (NT) -- Groove (can't sign in), 17:43:42 04/30/21 Fri
- Curacao is my pre-arrival favorite to win Miss Universe. The Americas is a strong grouping this year. Other top picks are: Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Domincan Republic, El Salvador, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Peru, Puerto Rico... Honestly, I could see any of these names potentially being called into the Top 5 at Miss Universe. (NT) -- ICEMAN, 15:54:32 05/02/21 Sun
- my top Rumania, Colombia, Thailand, Brazil and USA. (NT) -- ann, 18:28:40 05/02/21 Sun
- Mexico, Puerto Rico, Peru, Jamaica, and Argentina. USA will make it regardless, so I didn't add her. Disappointments: Colombia and Venezuela-with no Steve Harvey this year I hope they can finally stop having undeserving Colombians in the top 20 so they don't have to keep milking Ariadna's cow... (NT) -- Philly Fan, 12:40:06 05/03/21 Mon
- Watch out for Barbados.... she really is shining in all the MU videos and being given alot of video ime (NT) -- Hillary fan, 10:36:55 05/05/21 Wed
- Peru, Chile, Dominican Republic, Canada, Costa Rica (NT) -- USA will most likely get in via wildcards, 10:50:54 05/05/21 Wed