|Subject: Miss Universe Canada 2017 review of favorites.|
[ Edit | View ]
Date Posted: 16:43:36 09/13/17 Wed
The competition will take place on the 7th of October in Toronto. The finale will be webcast for free, I'll provide a link on that day. Currently 68 contestants from 5 provinces are listed to compete, but the final list always drops a bit at the end. We have 7 girls that previously competed in Miss Universe Canada, 2 from Miss Earth Canada, 1 from Miss World Canada, 2 from Miss Grand Intl, 1 from Miss Supranational, 1 from Miss International, 1 from Binibining Pilipinas, 1 from Mutya ng Pilipinas and numerous others from smaller pageants such as Miss Teenage Canada, Miss Teen Canada, Miss Canada, Miss Northern Ontario, Miss Calgary, Miss Okanagan, etc. This is also a preliminary to Miss International, a 1st (and if unable) a 2nd runner-up will go there.
Miss Universe Canada loves experience and 17 of my top 20 predicted finalists have pageant experience. They love girls that are easy to work with and that do not need a lot of help. Inner and outer beauty is usually not the biggest consideration in this pageant. Let's take a look at the 20 girls that I predict to make semi-finals.
Top 5 favorites:
Lauren HOWE - This Torontonian epitomizes urban chic. She was 2nd runner up in 2014. I have a hint she would have done excellent under Trump, but I am wondering if sending a WASPy blonde is a good startegy nowadays...
Kathryn KOHUT - Along with Howe, this girl is one of the top 2 main favorites to win. A 2nd runner-up in 2015, she is also Miss Grand Intl 2nd-runner-up in 2014. She failed to place at Miss International 2015. Both favs are loved by the organization.
Vanessa CHAUCHAN - The org. loves girls that come back, she is one of the girls that is the most followed on facebook out of 68 finalists. She placed in top 20 last year. She is moving up and could even take it all.
Gabriela CLESCA VALLEJO - Attention, possible spoiler that could go all the way and win! This girl is half-Congolese-half-Dominican and Spanish is her first language. Our national director is Hispanic as well. She made top 20 at Miss Supranational and won Miss Congeniality in there!
Lelly FIGUEROA - This girl won Miss Latina Belleza Canada 2016 and is 5'10". She would be perfect for Operation Smile in Nicaragua where Canadian winners go every year. Our director Denis Davila will likely adore her!
Top 10 favorites:
Justine FELIZARTA - This pageant veteran made top 15 at Binibining Filipinas 2015. Only one of the two Filipinas in the competiition, she could also get that semi-final spot by People's Choice vote.
Katherine HIGHGATE - This girl competed in 2013 and did not make it to top 20. But Denis rewards girls who come back and she has a very trendy urban look and interesting profile.
Chanelle PREDAROVICH - Chanelle is a former Miss West Indian Canada. Brainy and experienced in pageants.
Harleen MALHANS - This is the third winner of an ethnic pageant in Canada that is likely to make waves in MUC 2017. Harleen won Miss India Canada back in 2013.
Sasha LOMBARDI - This gorgeous Italian Canadian was a non-finalist last year. Denis will likely reward her with a semi-final position as she is young and could come back a few times in the future.
Top 20 favorites:
Kaylee SHALLOW - This experienced pageant contestant competed with Kathryn Kohut at Miss Grand Intl in 2014 represneting Saint Vincent & the Grenadines, she also competed at Miss Earth Canada.
Katherine JARZECKI - This is the 6th contestant with past experience at Miss Universe Canada. She has an interesting story as she is an engineer.
Mina KHATRIA - Mina compted in 2012 and 2014 and is the 7th and contestant with MUC experience. This time, not many BC contestants are favorites to make the cut, so the regional consideration could help get into that top 20.
Zorica BRUIC - The only preliminary for Miss Universe Canada is Miss Western Ontario Universe where 6 out of 13 contestants advanced to national final. Denis will reward the regional director with at least one semi-final spot. None of the 6 girls have pageant experience but Zorica is 6' feet tall and has the best resumé out of them.
Kaylee SHEPPARD - Kaylee is the only former Miss World Canada contestant and has that brainy vibe that should work well here.
Rachel SEMIRA - Rachel is a former Mutya ng Pilipinas and Miss Earth Canada contestant. She or Justine Felizarta are the favorites to get the People's choice top 20 spot. Plus, for marketing purposes putting Filipino girls in the semis is always a good thing for the org.
Chelsey PITFIELD - There is always one small town girl in top 20 and Chelsey is the most likely out of them to make a cut. She has experience in minor pageants such as Miss Teen Canada.
Natasha SMITH - Natasha was Miss Teen BC in 2014 and is in the top 3 on facebook with the most likes. She should benefit from a weaker BC contingent this year.
Diana LAI - This is THE BOMBSHELL of the year. A girl born in Ukraine of half-Asian origin. Tall at 5'10" with a great resumé. But I need to remind you that some other bombshells were ignored by Denis Davila and Beauties in Canada in the favs. Favorites Celina Toenz (2009) and Joanie Roy (2014), who were both 6 feet did not even make top 20.
Andy RAHI - Along with Lai and Bruic (if you do not consider Miss Western Ontario a few days ago), she is the only girl in my top 20 prediction without pageant experience. For regional purposes there needs to be one girl from Quebec. She is in top 3 with most likes out of all 68 and Quebec semi-finalists tend to be girls with immigrant background rather than francophone Québécoises.
Top 20 on the bubble/alternatives:
These five girls are the most likely to take one of the top 5 spots from the 20 girls I discussed.
Amanda CASAVANT, Cara CASTELLI, Jessica BAILEY, Nadia LAVOIE, Stephanie AJODHAR.
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
- Based on beauty I want MARTA MAGDALENA STEPIEN to win. The candid group shot of her and the other 4 finalists from the MUC 2017 Western Ontario Prelims showcases her beauty really well. (NT) -- Juliette Powell, 19:03:50 09/13/17 Wed
- mina khatria's headshot is plain scary. makes her look like a man in drag. (NT) -- why would she submit such a photo?, 19:07:05 09/13/17 Wed
- I'm surprised the Canadian Pageant Fans' HQ message board is still living against its will despite only a handful of posts each year with zero replies. It's the saddest Voy Forum in existence today. (NT) -- They need to pull the plug already!, 00:30:17 09/15/17 Fri
- Looks like there are a few diamonds in the rough. Of course, I never trust a submitted headshot (for better or for worse). Ultimately, I'm still upset with CANADA over the Sahar debacle a few years back... (NT) -- ICEMAN, 13:27:01 09/15/17 Fri
- http://www.montrealgazette.com/technology/cms/binary/5947335.jpg?size=640x420 -- ??, 15:19:48 09/15/17 Fri
- "Canada is a cultural mosaic." I just love saying that. (NT) -- Tiki-Java, 20:18:58 09/15/17 Fri
- Some of these women appear to be transgendered. (NT) -- just an observation, 20:55:56 09/17/17 Sun
- Why so many Canada posts around here. The girls clap year after year except when they get the random BIG girl like they did this year. Canada is sterile and boring and their delegates are no exception. Not to mention MUO only tolerates Dennis Davila because no one else in Canada can organize a two bit pageant for them. (NT) -- Lots of wasted space for clappers, 14:56:21 09/20/17 Wed
- Agreed! Davila also owns the Miss Universe Nicaragua franchise, which explains why the charitable cause Miss Universe Canada winners spend most time on is Operation Smile in Nicaragua. (NT) -- What about Canadians, Davila?!, 17:08:50 09/20/17 Wed
- Honey. Miss Universe Canada has been the most followed international pageant on usb. Yes, Miss Venezuela is also very popular on here and scores much better results than Canada, but the truth is that in Canada, pageants are simply an afterthought. I personally think Davila is doing fine, TorCanFan disagrees with me. Freud attends MUC often and gaj, living in BC is more interested in western U.S. pageants. My main criticism of Davila is that he ignores real beauties if he does not click with them and instead selects clappers, it became too much of a business in the last decade... otherwise, he is a fine nat'l director, at least in the Canadian context, where various pageant directors were questionable, sylvia starke, miss world canada directors until 2015, etc. (NT) -- HawtPlusSeksi, 19:11:18 09/20/17 Wed
- Hilarious all the TRUE posts about the organization got deleted.... thats interesting. No one wants to know the truth SHAME. (NT) -- Do some research - before you speak, 16:35:18 09/21/17 Thu