VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678[9]10 ]

United States of Beauty Board/USB Bubble Board

Pageant Information Sites State Message Board Links Links for the USB Community Links for your posting needs

State 2021 Miss / Teen USA Schedule

June 12-13, 2021
Miss Massachusetts USA/Teen USA

Miss New Hampshire USA/Teen USA

Jun 19, 2021
Miss Wyoming USA/Teen USA

June 19-20, 2021
Miss Maine USA/Teen USA

Jun 25-26, 2021
Miss Nevada USA/Teen USA

Jun 26-27, 2021
Miss Illinois USA/Illinois Teen USA

June 27, 2021
Miss Delaware USA/Teen USA

July 9-10, 2021
Miss Ohio USA/Teen USA

July 10-11, 2021
Miss Arizona USA/Teen USA
Miss West Virginia USA/Teen USA

July 17, 2021
Miss DC USA/DC Teen USA
Miss Virginia USA/Virginia Teen USA

July 16-18, 2021
Miss Florida USA/Teen USA

July 24-25, 2021
Miss Maryland USA/Maryland Teen USA

July 25-26, 2021
Miss Indiana USA

July 27, 2021
Miss Indiana Teen USA

July 30-31, 2021
Miss Pennsylvania USA/Teen USA

July 31-Aug 1, 2021
Miss Minnesota USA/Teen USA
Miss New Jersey USA/Teen USA

Aug 6-7, 2021
Miss Michigan USA/Teen USA

Aug 7-8, 2021
Miss Rhode Island USA/Teen USA

Aug 14-15, 2021
Miss Colorado USA/Teen USA
Miss New Mexico USA/Teen USA

Aug 18-20, 2021
Miss New York USA/Teen USA

Aug 20-21, 2021
Miss Utah USA/Teen USA

Sept 1-5, 2021
Miss Texas USA/Texas Teen USA

Sept 10 -11, 2021
Miss California USA/Teen USA

Subject: Is Anyone Else Not Excited about MU?

Author:
Basketball_Fan (unable to login)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:57:00 05/05/21 Wed

Maybe it's me, but I don't feel the excitement and anticipation towards the next MU as I would in the past. Perhaps it's the predictability of the IMG era or the return of Telemundo or the lack of a major broadcast network, who knows. Anyone else feel the same way?

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: Miss Paraguay is COVID+

Author:
annie55
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:17:01 05/05/21 Wed

Miss Paraguay, Vanessa Castro, has tested positive for COVID and her participation at Miss Universe is now unsure.

While I wish her recovery, you may remember how she controversially won the Miss Paraguay pageant last year over several big favorites. She only entered the Miss Paraguay only a few days before pageant night, having missed most of the pre-pageant activities. There were major accusations of fraud and rigging, so I can't help but think if there was cosmic justice here.

Relive her controversial crowning moment, which includes the shocked expression of 1st RU Gabriela Benitez, who was the big favorite to win:

So the question now is, if Vanessa is not allowed to compete, will MUO accept Gabriela to compete (and will she even have enough time to do so?) Gabriela is certainly stunning and I think has a legitimate shot of making at least the Top 21 (compared to Vanessa who, calling it as it is, will definitely be a clapper).

Replies:
Subject: Tom's Miss Universe page -shares his analysis for this year's Miss Universe.

Author:
WilliamNYC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:07:59 05/06/21 Thu

Canada’s Nova Stevens is currently my winner at the moment so let’s see if she stays at the top of my list after preliminaries.

Subject: Miss Universe Preliminary Competition

Author:
Michael S (Sharp)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:46:54 05/06/21 Thu

Hello Everyone. Can anyone please tell me, when the date and time the Preliminaries are, and how to watch them. Any information on National Costume show. Thank You

Subject: AMERICAS - Take Your Picks

Author:
annie55
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:12:05 04/27/21 Tue

I'm hoping that MUO does not do regional selections this year, but to narrow our choices, who are your Top 5 Picks from each region?

Here are the candidates from the AMERICAS (photo courtesy of missuupdates IG):

My Top 5 (overall impression, not just on the photos above)-
(1) JAMAICA - Still my pick to win. I also feel like Jamaica's due for a Miss Universe win. If she does, Jamaica will be one of the few countries to hold the MU and MW crowns simultaneously.

(2) CHILE - My sentimental pick to win. She's so beautiful to me and I hope she's recognized despite not having a strong sash.

(3) PERU - Another stunner to me. She also seems to have a great and engaging personality.

(4) BOLIVIA - I'm basing this on her other pics and video (and NOT on the pic above which is terrible). Like PERU, another beautiful girl with tons of personality.

(5) CURACAO - Just based on pics, she's easily in my Top 2 with JAMAICA. But I feel let down by her videos, seems a bit too programmed to me (I know she has autism but I hope she can somehow show great personality onstage).

The Americas has easily the most competitive group. I'm hoping that there are no regional cuts this year because so many stunners might be left out. I think this year's winner will come from this group. Other comments -

HAITI - Easily one of the best reps from her country. I hope she makes the cut.

USA - I honestly liked her more leading up to Miss USA. I feel like some of the spark is going, but perhaps she'll turn it on again come finals.

DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - An early frontrunner, but has been overshadowed recently. Perhaps I'm writing her off too early though. She might still be a contender (I'm also eagerly awaiting her official video)

NICARAGUA - Girl with a thousand faces is actually impressing me again. I won't be surprised if she makes the cut.

MEXICO - I didn't quite get her high placement at Miss World, and I'm still not convinced about her. Perhaps there's something I'm missing with her stage presence, so I won't begrudge her perhaps making the Top 5 again.

BRAZIL - Another one who did well at Miss World who I didn't quite get. I think Brazil has a strong sash nowadays so I won't be surprised if she makes the cut.

CANADA - Yes she will project a good interview and I actually think she's beautiful, but I can't quite justify putting her on my Top 21.

and finally
COLOMBIA - When I think about all the stunners who were left clapping at the Miss Colombia, I get really pissed off. I know that the corruption allegations at the national pageant are just "allegations" but I will yell at my TV if she makes the cut.

Last edited by author: Tue April 27, 2021 01:51:38   Edited 3 times.

Replies:
Subject: Miss Universe Private Party on Tuesday South Beach 5/4/2021

Author:
WilliamNYC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:40:34 04/30/21 Fri

Colombian Journalist William Duarte and former Miss Universe Michelle McLean will be hosting a Pre-Miss Universe party on 5/4/2021 to kick off this year's MU pageant. At least 8 contestants have RSVP including Iceland, Ghana, Uruguay, Argentina etc. Many More are expected.
Duarte, would not give too much details since he wants to keep the party "exclusive" and is trying to avoid fans crashing in.
The Telemundo network will be there covering the party, as well as Duarte's own Youtube channel "Grandes Ricos Y famosos".

Replies:
Subject: With so many Sponsors from PH are make it too much already if they add a Filipina MU as one of them.

Author:
This year Miss Philippines is the weakest in the last ten years, so much pressure for her.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:34:28 05/05/21 Wed

Subject: https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/entertainment/a36212757/miss-universe-2021-steve-harvey-not-hosting-instagram-reaction/

Author:
Erika
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:20:49 05/01/21 Sat

Fans React to Steve Harvey Not Hosting 2021 Miss Universe Pageant

He will be back for the 70th anniversary show

Replies:
Subject: does this happen?

Author:
b
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:37:16 05/03/21 Mon

A friend was talking about pageants because she saw some story about a pageant winner who was arrested or something and she commented that she thought there were winners who won because they had slept with a judge. Does this really happen? I would hope there is security to prevent this and that judges would be vetted as well

Replies:
Subject: Miss Missouri USA 2021 Top 16

Author:
Groove (can't sign in)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:10:19 05/01/21 Sat

Miss Missouri USA 2021 Top 16:

Autumn Black
Alison Bowles
Adrienne Burfield
Haley Duden
Lauren Everett
Joye Forrest
Varonica Hamilton
Makayla Hayes
Cle'era Hollingsworth
Ashlyn Hoock
Claudia Kelly
Sarah Kerns
Victoria Owen
Olivia Pikul
Julie Stewart
Katie Whipple

Replies:
Subject: 🇩🇴 DO Kimberly Jiménez DO 🇩🇴 Winner, winner, CHICKEN DINNER!

Author:
HawtPlusSeksi (nsi).
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:44:29 04/28/21 Wed

The close-ups of Kimberly along with Aruban and Croatian ladies were uploaded today.
And if I were to bet (and will be betting). She will win the whole enchilada!

A Latina, perfect for Telemundo and a Black, perfect for Black Lives Matter all in one.
And a 5 years Latina winning gap in a pageant in Southern Florida. Can any conditions ever get as advantageous as these?

She would be perfect for Telemundo Miami gigs and also perfect for Manhattan gigs with large Dominican and Puerto Rican communities there. She is half Puerto Rican herself.

Add to that, Magali's knowledge how to play the game and Kimberly is easily the most likely to win.

She interviews very well and is studying forensic science, among others. She is also the oldest child in a family with a single mother. Her 7 other siblings are all girls! This is perfect for the all female, left-wing selection committee.

And her reign will not be that long, around 7 months as Thailand is extremely hungry for that crown now. So I think they will crown Kimberly now and Thailand on the 70th edition. If Thailand is for some reason weak, then Philippines/Indonesia are crowned instead and then Thailand wins in 2022 or 2023.

Replies:
Subject: https://brobible.com/sports/article/chiefs-gracie-hunt-wins-miss-kansas/

Author:
Erika
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:22:40 05/02/21 Sun

Chiefs Heiress Gracie Hunt Wins Miss Kansas, Moves One Step Closer To Miss USA Title

There are pictures including Instagram messages

Replies:
Subject: https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2021/04/29/body-pulled-from-lago-de-claire-lake-in-irving-near-where-mrs-dallas-pageant-winner-went-missing/

Author:
Erica
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:24:08 05/02/21 Sun

DallasNews.com: Body pulled from lake in Irving belonged to Mrs. Dallas pageant winner, medical examiner’s office says

Subject: JUST WHEN YOU THINK YOU'VE SEEN IT ALL....

Author:
MU_Critic (Unable to Sign In)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:13:37 04/30/21 Fri

Behold Miss Malaysia's national costume!

<a rel=nofollow target=_blank href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQRhGbEwxqI">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQRhGbEwxqI</a>

You can tell Malaysia is trying to avenge what happened to them last year when Steve Harvey erroneously announced they had won the national costume award.

Harold Houdini would be proud!

Replies:
Subject: WILL THE NEW MU WINNER HAIL FROM A COUNTRY THAT PLACED LAST YEAR?

Author:
MU_Critic (Unable to sign in)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:45:37 04/28/21 Wed

Many of us who have followed MU for a while have noticed the pattern where a victory by a country is usually preceded by a placement for that country the year before.

The last country to win the crown that DID NOT place the year prior was Colombia in 2014. The next last country to accomplish the same feat was Angola in 2011.

QUESTION 1: Will the new Miss Universe 2020 winner hail from a country that placed last year? (YES/NO)

QUESTION 2: As of now, which country do you think will pull off the victory this year?

Last Year's Successful Countries:

SOUTH AFRICA
PUERTO RICO
MEXICO
COLOMBIA
THAILAND
FRANCE
ICELAND
INDONESIA
PERU
USA
ALBANIA
BRAZIL
CROATIA
DOMICAN REPUBLIC
INDIA
NIGERIA
PHILIPPINES
PORTUGAL
VENEZUELA
VIETNAM

Replies:
Subject: Mock Miss Universe 2020 Selection Committee ( 92 Official )

Author:
USB MOck Squad (unable to log in )
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:14:51 05/01/21 Sat

Mock Miss Universe 2020 Selection Committee ( 92 Official )

KMB ( pending as email used was unable to receive email or not found : please email back at mockmissuniverse@gmail.com)

Aduke -- Allan -- AnnieA -- Annie55 -- Anthony Masters Muse -- Aria -- arianafan

BamaMan -- Beautyman22 -- Beth -- Bocalee

Canadian Fan -- Carlitos -- carlosQR48 -- catalina -- Cbar1027 -- Chileanboy -- Ciao500 -- Cocoon -- Couch_Judge_PNW

David from Ireland -- Delaware -- djm -- DocRoc

Floozie -- Freud

Genevieve rea -- georgehr3 -- Globalguy -- Groove

Harley -- HIM -- HNJxx

ICEMAN -- Inoshishi

Jake Iakopa -- James2021 -- jayp2010 -- Judge Moxie

Kittykat -- kyboi

Lady Ree -- Lemon drop -- Leonard -- LifelongFan

MadeYalo0k -- MARCELINO -- MarioRomeo -- me3 -- MidWestChic -- Miss Angie -- Miss Nadia -- Miss Understood -- MissUSAFan -- MoNkayMaN -- MSGal -- MU_Critic -- Mulkenator

Neicey -- ngsam191 -- NovR

Onixana

Pageantlovers.com -- Pete of PDB -- PGMomma

Qban

Rebel -- Reg -- RickyD -- Riverboy -- RoseJo

Salso -- Samuel -- Saucy -- savh_14 -- SeminoleNation -- Stefanie Anne Grendewalt -- sucker4silvergowns

Texas Freak -- thepageantbuzz -- Tiki Java -- TRTW -- TXday

Val Ewing -- vech -- Version 2.0 -- Veteran Pageant Follower

Waikikilatino -- Wes Brandon -- William NYC

Yrralh

Zander

Replies:
Subject: Miss Universe Livestream

Author:
Jayci (Saidree)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:13:38 05/01/21 Sat

Is there a livestream of Miss Universe 2020

Subject: Miss Universe judge

Author:
WilliamNYC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:43:24 04/30/21 Fri

Zuleyka Rivera is rumored to be one of the MU judges for this edition. Zuleyka has a history of working at Telemundo, so rumor maybe true. Let's see what happens.

Replies:
Subject: MOCK MISS UNIVERSE

Author:
USBMockSquad
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:12:10 04/16/21 Fri

Mock Miss Universe registration
Link below to register for Mock Miss Universe .
Disregard 3rd question as it is confirmed 21 semi finalists
If you have info re delegates will be chosen based on regions again for the actual Miss Universe competition, please answer question 4, otherwise skip.
Thank you .
https://forms.gle/Utc7Eoz6dCpjXjfq6

Replies:
Subject: Random Group Pics

Author:
annie55
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:39:24 04/30/21 Fri

While most of the ladies are now on their way to Florida, some are starting to mingle. Let's discuss some random group pics of the ladies who are already here in the U.S. (taken recently).

EL SALVADOR, PHILIPPINES, and COLOMBIA at a sponsor's visit.
I don't think any of them look great here, but PHILIPPINES at least is showing me that she's naturally beautiful. EL SALVADOR is a NO for me right now, and COLOMBIA is a BIG NO. (sorry not sorry)

JAPAN and INDONESIA at a dinner.
I think both look good here. I'm liking JAPAN more and more and INDONESIA might just replicate last year's Top 10 finish.

Last edited by author: Fri April 30, 2021 01:41:58   Edited 2 times.

Replies:
Subject: MU NATIONAL COSTUMES & DEPARTURE PHOTOS

Author:
MU_Critic (Unable to sign in)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:25:00 04/29/21 Thu

Since Voy has blocked virtually all of us (aside from annie) from posting images, copy and paste the link below to take a gander at some departure photos and national costumes!

Miss Canada also had a reunion with her mom in Ethiopia after several years.

<a rel=nofollow target=_blank href="https://www.facebook.com/globalbeauties/">https://www.facebook.com/globalbeauties/</a>

National Costumes include:

BOLIVIA: Strength of the Andes
EL SALVADOR: Izote Flower
DR: Queen of Sunflowers
BRAZIL: Cotton Queen
AUSTRALIA: Black Swan
INDONESIA: The Komodo Dragon (my personal favorite!)
NICARAGUA: Alegria y Tradición
MEXICO: Not sure of the inspiration
CZECH REPUBLIC: Note sure of the inspiration (but it's cute!)
ECUADOR: The Sun Festivities of the Andean Villages
CAMBODIA: God and Unity
Belize: Not sure of the inspiration but it looks like something from 1996

Also, ITALY, POLAND, ARMENIA and INDONESIA are looking GOOD in their departure photos! Europe might just bring it after all!

In other news, Miss Canada is going ALL OUT when it comes to her wardrobe at MU. Her gown, like Marta Stepien in 2018, will be designed by none other than Michael Cinco.

<a rel=nofollow target=_blank href="https://news.abs-cbn.com/life/04/29/21/watch-miss-universe-canada-gives-peek-at-michael-cinco-gowns-for-pageant">https://news.abs-cbn.com/life/04/29/21/watch-miss-universe-canada-gives-peek-at-michael-cinco-gowns-for-pageant</a>

Replies:
Subject: what states are the most air in who and how they choose their winner

Author:
f
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:35:27 04/29/21 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Europe - Take Your Pick

Author:
annie55
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:07:26 04/27/21 Tue

I'm hoping that MUO does not do regional selections this year, but to narrow our choices, who are your Top 5 Picks from each region?

Here are the candidates from EUROPE (photo courtesy of missuupdates IG):

My Top 5 (overall impression, not just on the photos above)-
(1) CZECH REPUBLIC - She's not really a standout to me, but her high placement at Miss Earth makes me think she has the goods to do well.

(2) RUSSIA - I initially thought that she would have no chance of making it after that social media incident, but I'm now leaning towards her making the cut, and maybe progressing no further.

(3) ROMANIA - Another contestant who had major controversy, but like Russia, I think the fact that she has one of the most beautiful faces may merit a placement, but will likely not contend in the later rounds.

(4) ITALY - Beautiful girl with lots of personality. I hope she makes it.

(5) FRANCE - Her sash counts for something and if the regional groupings are retained, I can't see her not making the cut.

Overall, Europe is a pretty weak group. I don't see the winner coming from this batch, but I do hope that they surprise me. Other comments -

PORTUGAL - She looks quite beautiful in this collage, but seems inconsistent in other pics.

ARMENIA - Like PORTUGAL, a bit inconsistent in her pics. But if she looks like her best pics, watch out for her. (The Armenian genocide discussion might also work in her favor)

SLOVAKIA - I had high hopes when her first pics came out, but recent pics are disappointing me.

Last edited by author: Tue April 27, 2021 01:30:01   Edited 2 times.

Replies:
Subject: when is miss universe

Author:
e
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:00:22 04/18/21 Sun

Replies:
Subject: https://youtu.be/bkvCmO9q9pQ

Author:
Erika Z
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:10:04 04/25/21 Sun

Watch "Brook Lee shares story behind iconic answer in Miss Universe (PART 1)" on YouTube

Replies:
Subject: North & South Dakota 2021 Results

Author:
Groove (can't sign in)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:34:06 04/25/21 Sun

North Dakota USA 2021- Caitlyn Vogel
1st Runner Up- Codi Miller yet again :(

North Dakota Teen USA 2021- Aspen Hennessey
1st Runner Up- Berkley Lundeen

South Dakota USA 2021- Caroline Pettey

South Dakota Teen USA 2021- Katie Schmidt
1st Runner Up- Lindsey Pfingston

These are the only results I could find so far.

Replies:
Subject: From Miss Teen USA 1st Runner Up to Miss USA

Author:
Basketball_Fan (unable to login)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:59:41 04/26/21 Mon

Caitlyn Vogel is the 10th Miss Teen USA 1st Runner Up to return to Miss USA.

Among the Miss Teen USA 1st RUs that have returned to Miss USA, the results are 1 Winner (Alyssa Campanella), 1 1st RU (Audra Mari), 2 2nd RUs (Kelly Lloyd, Nicole O'Brian), and 5 Non-Finalists (Meredith Young, Gloria Almonte, Brooke Fletcher, Lexi Atkins, Tori Sizemore).

The Miss Teen USA 1st RUs that are still eligible for Miss USA are Elizabeth Sabatino, Vaeda Mann, Melanie Mitchell, Emily Wakeman, Vanessa Matheson, Kirby Self. From what I can find online, Elizabeth is in graduate school and Vaeda has a modeling career going so they may not return. Emily was 1st RU at Miss South Carolina USA 2021 and she recently posted on social media that she is starting law school in the fall, so she may not make another attempt to return. Melanie, Vanessa, Kirby have yet to attempt a return.

Replies:
Main index ] [ Archives: 12345678[9]10 ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.