VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: https://youtu.be/vE88nzedlO8

Author:
Erika
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 18:44:50 05/31/21 Mon

Watch "Miss Teen USA Crowning Moments (1983-2020)" on YouTube

In watching this, 2 things are undeniable true;

1) Miss Teen USA title was awarded to states that are not powerhouses when it comes to the Miss USA title and

2) Hawaii, California and to lesser extent (Georgia, Texas and California) fared well

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: I think for a non-powerhouse state like Oregon, having three winners, is remarkable. I do think that any state can win this pageant. As far as having a back to back state winning, I'm yet to find out who can do this. Hawaii has a chance. BTW, my favorite crowning is 2020. That was priceless!

Author:
My Take
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:33:49 05/31/21 Mon

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Oregon winning 3 titles is amazing. So is CT with two. From 1983 to Logan West CT only made the first cut once. Then Logan and Kayleigh won.

Author:
I love it when nonsashers like OR, CT, and ND do well.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:50:00 05/31/21 Mon

[> [> [> Subject: Absolutely. Both smaller pageant states pulled remarkable results. I justify the non-powerhouse states faring well at Teen because in order to differentiate its brand from MUSA, the winners were meant to be less glamorous and more down-to-earth. The powerhouse states generally trained (and perhaps over-prepared) their Teen reps like their Miss reps. This is why/how girls like Mindy Duncan won the crown because she acted like a girl next door teen and not a model.

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:03:38 05/31/21 Mon

[> [> [> [> Subject: That is a great observation and I would argue that theory holds true for the entire miss teen USA history. Though, under IMG the teens have toned down alot. But during the Ali/Julie era the teens from prepared states sometimes looked older than their usa sister. Kim Harlan for example easily could have stomped on her sister Heather Hogan who didn't make the cut at usa.

Author:
Original Rican
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:59:49 06/02/21 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Kim Harlan is a great example. She looked like a cougar towering over the rest of that Top 5 back in '02.

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:26:02 06/02/21 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Lol she was the ugly duckling of miss teen USA 2002. She had no business at teen and was too pretty for Miss usa 2002 and 2003. But Kim is an embarrasment, how do you move to North Dakota compete in one of the smallest states and fail to make the cut? 😂 I think she did end up at miss world but failed to miss the cut there?

Author:
Original Rican
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:41:30 06/03/21 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Let's not forget 3 other states which usually do not do too well in pageants BUT won Teen USA: NH, DE, and VT.

Author:
!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:35:09 06/03/21 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Donít forget Montana and Idaho. Iíd throw in Colorado too to a lesser degree.

Author:
CTtoCA
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:01:24 02/13/22 Sun

[> [> [> Subject: Thanks

Author:
MatthewDDavis (Happy)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:48:51 02/09/22 Wed

Hello, my friend. I am also new here. I came here because I love to gather information online on Miss Universe. I have found this website by mistake because I was searching for a site online in which I can read reviews and found this https://www.topwritersreview.com/reviews/bestessayhelp/ website. When I was looking for that website online, I have found this site and found out that this website is all about Miss Universe.

Last edited by author: Mon February 21, 2022 04:33:44   Edited 1 time.

[> [> [> Subject: Minor correction- prior to Loganís win in 2012, CT placed twice, not once: Cynthia Schenk in Ď93 and Ashley Bickford in Ď02.

Author:
CTtoCA
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:35:15 02/12/22 Sat

[> Subject: New York won the first Miss USA and Miss Teen USA.

Author:
OldFan-NewName-1
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:53:44 02/09/22 Wed

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.