VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: I'm sorry if I offend anyone but I think tattoos on a beauty queen is tacky- especially when you can see it in swim suit and gown competition. I don't care if Philippines was/is/may be a lesbian- but the tribal tat on her arm brought one word to mind- trashy..

Author:
TarHeel
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 14:48:52 12/13/21 Mon

Last edited by author: Mon December 13, 2021 14:49:51   Edited 1 time.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Agreed. I don't care for tats either yet they're all the rage now. How many drugged up guys in mainstream media are sporting facial tattoos nowadays and those weird ones on their fingers and knuckles?! I just Googled and found that Bea got her arm tat on her 23rd birthday. It's supposed to signify rebirth and regrowth but I found it distracting and gimmicky.

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:55:57 12/13/21 Mon

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: I am on with tattoos. But I am not ok with men competing at beauty pageants. I am still vomiting over that drag queen from Nevada. And at least he was more believable than that beast of pray from Spain. Ridiculous!

Author:
OriginalRican22
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:59:27 12/13/21 Mon

[> [> [> Subject: What I find hilarious is that the Pinoys were all excited for NV to place and win completely ignoring the fact that Crystle is a God-fearing Christian who publicly stated that she wanted each contestant's "God-given attributes" to shine. NV never stood a chance and even if Crystle was supportive, Shanna's OnlyFans account would have still ruined things. lol

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:13:43 12/13/21 Mon

[> [> [> [> Subject: You are right on all accounts. I do think Nevada would have made the cut under IMG. While I enjoyed Miss USA, it was all over the place.

Author:
OriginalRican22
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:11:33 12/13/21 Mon

[> Subject: Remember when Miss Kenya sported this peel and stick tattoo on her forehead back in MU 2005? CLICK INSIDE for pic >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:18:44 12/13/21 Mon

[> Subject: Just give it a few more years. You’re going to have tat covered, purple hair, multiple piercing Megan Rapinoe types not just competing, but winning. Then all these elitist traditional looking beauty queens that have been cramming diversity down our throats are really going to have their panties in a twist.

Author:
JustM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:33:19 12/13/21 Mon

[> [> Subject: Billie Eilish will serve as head judge on the panel.

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:45:49 12/13/21 Mon

Last edited by author: Mon December 13, 2021 16:27:22   Edited 1 time.

[> Subject: I actually like this year's Miss Philippines, she's not the typical pageant patty woman Philippines usually sends, like you know those women who answers the question sounding rehearsed with a patty end liners, this candidate is not like that and I appreciate that about her. She's a breathe of fresh air from the usual manufactured girls this country previously sent. I think her placement is justified and just right. Heck I even find her much natural and genuine than Catriona

Author:
Lurker
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:08:46 12/17/21 Fri

Last edited by author: Fri December 17, 2021 21:10:21   Edited 1 time.

[> [> Subject: I agree on all accounts. Bea was a breathe of fresh air. For me, perhaps because she was full Filipina, at least I think? She was not robotic. Many compared her preliminary performance to that of a miss america girl which worked in her favor. She was not over the top. I do think she was a Paula pick though. As for finals, she did a great job. Rabiya still gives me nightmares. And pretty much all them Filipina reps since 2010 have been horrid. I can only stomach Pia. Catriona was a robot and a Julia reject like Andrea.

Author:
OriginalRican22
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:02:51 12/17/21 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: Rabiya's campaign was definitely a fail. I feel bad for her though, she had so much potential when she was crowned at nationals. She already has the face but the people behind her went too much on her packaging and made her robotic. Plus, she seems really naive in the industry too, I think it would been perfect if she was crowned in her late 20s. It could've given her added mental strength and maturity, something she wasn't able to handle last edition. I also think no one is beating India and she is always MUO's pick since they all landed on Israel, but Bea may be for the 2nd place in case India fails which is unlikely. However, I kinda see why they would pick Bea if your assessment is true, her win would make a great headline material for the organization. Regardless, I still think MUO did a great choice on crowning India because I feel like are overdue for a win

Author:
Lurker
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:00:05 12/18/21 Sat

Last edited by author: Sat December 18, 2021 05:38:53   Edited 3 times.

[> Subject: I don't think tattoos in general are tacky. I actually have one myself. However, I do think they should be covered up under certain circumstances like the Miss Universe pageant. Miss Philippines tattoo did come off as tacky. It reminded me of T&T from 2008. Her tattoo was so distracting. I just don't usually care for Philippines in general because they're stuffed down our throats every year. I also thought that this year's rep was copying off the gown styling of Thailand 2016. Her top 5 placement is a head scratcher for me.

Author:
Declan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:27:09 12/18/21 Sat

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.