VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: WHO (IF ANYONE)...

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 17:40:43 12/13/21 Mon

...at this year's Miss USA 2021 pageant would have garnered a better placement than Elle at Miss Universe 2021?

Anyone in the Top 8? Top 16? A clapper? No one?

Last edited by author: Mon December 13, 2021 17:52:18   Edited 2 times.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: None. As much as Crystle tried to make them Universe ready, I don't think anyone would have did better than top 10. North Dakota I fear may not have made top 10.

Author:
OriginalRican22
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:22:42 12/13/21 Mon

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: I never bought into the hype with ND. I too doubt she would have made Top 10. And in the pic above, TX looks like an emaciated Susan Lucci lookalike and I want nothing more than to tear that Flintstone's Dino sleeve off SC's gown. FL is the only contestant I feel could have perhaps narrowly squeaked into Top 5 but I doubt it would have happened.

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:52:48 12/13/21 Mon

Last edited by author: Mon December 13, 2021 18:56:14   Edited 1 time.

[> Subject: North Carolina. I find her the most beautiful amongst the finalists.

Author:
sapient_101
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:41:32 12/13/21 Mon

[> [> Subject: Completely agree- definite Top 10 and likely Top 5…

Author:
CTtoCA
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:49:33 12/13/21 Mon

[> [> [> Subject: …and funny thing is she’s head and shoulders above the NC girls that actually won- Chelsea, Kristen and Cheslie.

Author:
CTtoCA
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:50:43 12/13/21 Mon

[> [> [> [> Subject: She is definitely striking and I have to admit I was a little surprised she didn't make Top 4. Her gown was intriguing. I'll copy Julie Moran from MU 2000 when discussing Claudia Moreno's seafoam green and silver tinsel dress by saying, "I didn't know if I liked it at first but I think I do."

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:28:12 12/14/21 Tue

Last edited by author: Tue December 14, 2021 09:06:10   Edited 1 time.

[> [> Subject: I'm really surprised by the North Carolina hype, I thought she was plain and I didn

Author:
gAgA_x
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:49:59 12/14/21 Tue

[> [> [> Subject: t think she deserved to be in top 8. She performed well but in my opinion she was very ordinary looking girl next to gorgeous faces. I guess it's a matter of taste, but still I'm really baffled cause I don't see what most seem to see in her face.

Author:
gAgA_x
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:51:35 12/14/21 Tue

[> [> [> [> Subject: That's how I feel about ND. I know many on here love Caitlyn and her parallels with Audra Mara are uncanny. However, I just didn't get her on finals night. I think the super straight blunt cut hairdo is what unnerved me.

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:58:45 12/14/21 Tue

[> Subject: North Carolina.

Author:
Balty_Toth
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:59:02 12/13/21 Mon

[> Subject: Side note love seeing Elle's Proctor Productions sisters Miss Congeniality (Michigan) and Miss Photogenic (Pennsylvania) reacting excitedly to Elle's win!

Author:
ValeneEwing
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:19:42 12/13/21 Mon

[> [> Subject: They seem elated. Even Gracie is cracking a smile in the back. lol

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:28:57 12/14/21 Tue

Last edited by author: Tue December 14, 2021 11:55:52   Edited 1 time.

[> Subject: It’s great that they all were happy for Elle! This photo captures a really beautiful moment in pageantry. As for the question, I actually was thinking about that last night!! I think none of them would’ve made top 5 because they all lacked some stage presence/catwalk. Maryland arguably had better stage presence and catwalk but she is not as facially strong. Before hearing Q&A, I feel North Carolina would’ve done well for her height and stage presence but after hearing her talk in finals, I don’t think the judges would’ve been as impressed as they would with Elle. Hence the conclusion is, as much as Crystle tried to train them, there isn’t really any Miss Universe worthy ladies in this year’s group, if Elle couldn’t make top 5, I don’t think the others would’ve as they also lacked something (facial beauty, catwalk, interview, etc.)

Author:
Samuel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:37:44 12/13/21 Mon

[> [> Subject: Well said! I also think Elle's "micro/macro" answer clinched it from anyone else if the judges were still on the fence.

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:33:34 12/14/21 Tue

Last edited by author: Tue December 14, 2021 08:39:32   Edited 1 time.

[> [> [> Subject: micro/macro answer was super scripted for Elle, India said it with heart, class, and intelligence

Author:
lin8tiv
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:58:20 12/14/21 Tue

[> Subject: Elle was stunningly beautiful. I don't think anyone would have done better. Let's face it. Elle's EG choice for Universe finals was BLAH!. I was hoping for something more fashion forward, flesh color. I also prefer her hair down

Author:
SparkyP
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:11:31 12/13/21 Mon

[> [> Subject: I honestly think she most likely had a nude gown in her wardrobe but perhaps after seeing how many nude illusion gowns were used during prelims the strategy was made to go with something that would make her stand out. While I didn't like the final gown she chose, I will say my eye went directly to her when the Top 10 were standing side by side in EG. But I still think she looked better at MUSA.

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:04:29 12/14/21 Tue

[> [> Subject: They were touting how the gowns are from Michael Cinco. Honestly, if not for the name, I don't think anyone would have cared about her gowns. Maybe her gowns were not custom made for her and was just some old season dresses he made before.

Author:
sapient_101
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:28:23 12/15/21 Wed

[> [> [> Subject: I never understood the whole Michael Cinco craze. As of today, no one has ever won wearing one of his gowns. As a matter of fact, he seems to curse the ladies who sport his dresses during prelims. lol Due to the short time between MUSA and MU, there would have been no time to have a custom dress for Elle made, so I agree with you that it was probably some deadstock frock he had in the closet somewhere from a previous season.

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:00:18 12/16/21 Thu

[> Subject: Two reasons why I think. 1) Styling - yes she should have gone a little bit more risque. She had that personality to carry it off. Gold actually looks good on her. Her hair should either be left down, or perhaps sleaked back as she has a very beautiful face. 2) Tired. After just winning the Miss USA crown, she then had to rush and compete at Miss Universe, which was more overwhelming. I'm sure she was performing on auto pilot.

Author:
PP8
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:20:12 12/13/21 Mon

[> [> Subject: There is a pic of Elle with a ponytail extension and she looks so fierce. I really wanted her to sport that look for SS but obviously, it wouldn't be in line with MUO's current agenda. I do like her curly locks down as well. But yes, with so little time to prepare, they had to work quickly instead of experimenting with different looks. CLICK INSIDE for ponytail pic >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:35:07 12/14/21 Tue

Last edited by author: Tue December 14, 2021 10:39:00   Edited 2 times.

[> Subject: I think both NC and NC would have made it to the Top 10. Elle should have worn the dress she wore at Miss USA or one of similar styling and color- it was perfect for her. I seriously doubt she wanted to win Miss U. I'm sure she wanted a respectable placement but she knew being Miss USA would be more to her benefit.

Author:
TarHeel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:22:07 12/14/21 Tue

[> [> Subject: Duh.. That should have said NC and ND.

Author:
TarHeel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:25:26 12/14/21 Tue

[> [> Subject: Now that MUSA has a better prize package than MU and travelling across the US is much easier than travelling abroad due to Covid, any incentive (other than bragging rights) to win MU has gone down the drain. I wonder how this will play out in the future when it comes to MUSA winners at MU.

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:44:46 12/14/21 Tue

[> Subject: No doubt if you look at India , Pennsylvania would have made top 3 or 5, people said boring for P @ USA, but India was just smooth and graceful. Confident...exactly what PA showed @ USA. The finals judges would have seen that, very different than prelim judges

Author:
lin8tiv (Hands down PA!!!)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:56:28 12/14/21 Tue

[> [> Subject: What are all your thoughts as to why PA didn't place in the Top 16? She won Miss Photogenic and is clearly lovely and well spoken. What do you all think happened?

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:47:30 12/14/21 Tue

[> [> [> Subject: She looked bit unhealthy and bony, that might have been the reason.

Author:
gAgA_x
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:54:59 12/14/21 Tue

[> [> [> [> Subject: What were you watching? Teen maybe not Miss!!

Author:
lin8tiv
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:59:33 12/14/21 Tue

[> [> [> [> Subject: PA had the same look Campanella did at MU. In 1971, USA organizers had Michele loss 10 lbs. right then and there. She was worn out.

Author:
OldFan-NewName-1
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:02:52 12/15/21 Wed

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: One thing I noticed about PA is that she kept changing her hairstyle quite a bit. It was fluffy in during the intros (a look I personally did not care for) but she gradually slicked it back as we see in the image above. I still prefer the way she styled her hair in her official headshot most.

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:03:04 12/16/21 Thu

[> [> [> Subject: A clear cut path for who they wanted to win, no doubt even in dress rehearsals she would be a real contender!!!...the only one ( besides KY) that could stand out at MU...keep her out of the semis, then there is no chance to disrupt the chosen one

Author:
lin8tiv
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:58:39 12/14/21 Tue

[> Subject: I was never happy with KY. She was not on my radar. During Mock MUSA, I kept seeing her advance and would think, WTF!

Author:
OldFan-NewName-1
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:19:38 12/16/21 Thu

[> [> Subject: LOL! Who was your pick to win?

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:03:31 12/16/21 Thu

[> [> [> Subject: My final three were PA, ND, and IL with PA for the win.

Author:
OldFan-NewName-1
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:06:38 12/16/21 Thu

[> Subject: Just like Sushmita Sen during her I AM SHE pageant, Crystle made sure she was the star of the show. How many times did she get a camera close-up, speaking opportunity or ended up on stage? lol Only difference is she didn't suspend from the ceiling lip syncing a song like Sushmita. :))

Author:
MU_Critic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:04:54 12/16/21 Thu

[> [> Subject: Absolutely!!!! PA was in the corner...so that says it, back to my thesis earlier...same old same new..sad

Author:
lin8tiv
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:37:54 12/16/21 Thu

[> Subject: I think North Dakota would have made at least top 5 at Universe. She was the most stunning woman at USA. I knew when Kentucky won that she would not go beyond the top 10.

Author:
Declan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:25:50 12/17/21 Fri

[> Subject: Miss USA 2021 had two shockers for me. Sydney Robertson missing the cut entirely, and Gracie Hunt being cut at Top 16. Then again, Sydney didn't stand out during prelims and Gracie was very mechanical in her presentations. In the end I don't dispute Elle Smith's win.

Author:
Basketball_Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:12:48 12/18/21 Sat

[> [> Subject: Sydney totally stood out @ Prelims!! Besides Elle, you could spot her anywhere on stage. Stunning elegance, MIss Photogenic..a BIG whiff here for Miss USA, Finals night Judges would have had her and Elle as 1 & 2!!!! Prelims judges were jokes...

Author:
lin8tiv
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:07:35 12/21/21 Tue

[> Subject: I live in Lexington, KY & went to the University of Kentucky for undergrad. I've watched every Miss USA since 1971 (when KY USA was 4th ru). Elle winning Miss USA still seems surreal.

Author:
Balty_Toth
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:52:34 12/24/21 Fri

[> [> Subject: Patricia Barnstable: The Twin.

Author:
OldFan-NewName-1
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:11:33 12/24/21 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: Yes! Glad you remember. She & her twin, Cyb, went onto fame as Doublemint Twins. They also appeared in a short-lived sitcom titled "Quark."

Author:
Balty_Toth
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:43:32 12/24/21 Fri

[> [> [> [> Subject: I thought she might win, but was rooting for PA.

Author:
OldFan-NewName-1
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:49:04 12/24/21 Fri

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.