VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: I miss the old days when the winner of Miss USA went to Miss U and the runner up went to Miss W. How do you think ND would do at Miss W? I'll say- semi finalist because of that face and sash. But I don't think she would go much higher- I don't see the energy she would need to place higher.

Author:
TarHeel
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 01:49:48 12/18/21 Sat

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: North Dakota was pretty in a USA/America type of way but had she won Miss USA, I don't think she would have did a thing. Elle was Universe ready whereas ND needed some additional work. World is much more difficult to Crack into their top 30. Unless Crystle made a back handed deal, ND wouldn't do a thing.

Author:
OriginalRican22
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:49:54 12/18/21 Sat

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think ND is stunning. She was my favorite contestant at the Miss USA pageant. Her face is stunning. I think she would have at least made the top five at Universe. Elle is a great representative for USA but she is not Universe material. That is why her journed ended in the top 10 (which is what many pageant experts predicted) As for Miss World, I don't know much about that pageant.

Author:
Declan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:21:01 12/18/21 Sat

[> [> Subject: ND's face was perfection but I'm not sure she has the personality for a universal title holder.

Author:
TarHeel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:58:55 12/19/21 Sun

[> Subject: Miss World is a crapshoot program, where (we all know) Julia Morley pre-selects the winner. Considering how American representatives have placed in recent years, there is no doubt Caitlyn would have continued the streak. I think Caitlyn would have done well in all phases of competition, which would propel her into the Top 10. Caitlyn is still age eligible, perhaps we might see her follow Audra's footsteps and compete in future years.

Author:
MLB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:47:27 12/26/21 Sun

[> [> Subject: We all know Julia hates MUO with a passion. There hasn't been an MU crossover win @ MW since Agbani Darego and that was 20 years ago. Julia would never allow a Miss USA leftover to win MW either. Also Julia is delusional if she thinks there will ever be a Miss United States World competition that will be on the level of Miss USA.

Author:
Basketball_Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:43:08 12/27/21 Mon

[> [> [> Subject: Julia is absolutely seething that MUO has not gone ahead in total number of titleholders and she has the deal with this yearís MW debacle. Julia is always looking for handouts and somehow periodically gets burned. Past incidents just this millennium include moving the pageant from Nigeria to London in 2002 and from Jakarta to Bali in 2013 and all these changes occurred after the delegates arrived. MW could have avoided this mess had the schedule been shortened. Iím also certain the Puerto Rico organizers are fuming as well because Julia is going to expect more handouts when the pageant (supposedly) returns in March.

Author:
MLB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:20:54 12/28/21 Tue

[> [> [> [> Subject: I meant to type *now* gone ahead.

Author:
MLB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:55:31 12/29/21 Wed

[> [> [> [> Subject: Miss World will always have better looking girls than Miss Universe. For the most part both miss world girls and gowns are miles ahead of miss Universe. I always feel like most countries send second or third or lower rate girls to miss Universe. As for March 2022, unless Julia is fitting the bill for all 500 girls to show back up, I suspect many will not. To me she should just invite the top 30. And the winner is already selected so it really is pointless

Author:
OriginalRican22
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:59:24 12/30/21 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Exactly, Mrs. Morley should Announce top 30 by now so only these girls will fly to Puerto Rico for crowning moment in March.

Author:
Samcnovr
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:14:58 12/30/21 Thu

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Thanks

Author:
MatthewDDavis
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:20:38 03/15/22 Tue

Thanks for the info.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Thanks

Author:
MichaelMParrish
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:47:25 03/21/22 Mon

Wow, I didn't know that before. That Miss World will always have better looking girls than Miss Universe. I don't see those shows that much that is why I don't know much about them. After reading your post, I am curious to know more about this and I will come back here after completing my essay by taking help from https://writinguniverse.com/free-essay-examples/educational-psychology/ here. Before finding your post, I didn't know that there is a site on Miss World and Miss Universe.

Last edited by author: Thu March 24, 2022 12:20:30   Edited 1 time.

[> Subject: I wish they bring back the 1st RU going to MW. If not, perhaps ME. The USA's first runner up have been high caliber and can easily do very well too. Since 1992, I think Candace Brown, Danielle Boatwright, Brandy Sherwood, Lindsay Douglas, Michelle Arnette, Brittany Hogan, Morgan Woolard, Mary McCord, Yilliana Guerra, Chelsea Hardin, and Kim Layne would have done very well, if not win.

Author:
PP8
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:42:16 12/30/21 Thu

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.