VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: An Angry Audience

Author:
OldFan-NewName-1
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 08:59:07 12/22/21 Wed

Many times we’ve witnessed an unhappy audience voice their displeasure. Here is one where the audience was truly unhappy with the results when Columbia was announced 3RU at Miss Universe 1978. If you listen closely, you can hear the catcalls continue when it was down to just SA and USA.

Besides some of the obvious discussed on this board, can you remember others?

Last edited by author: Wed December 22, 2021 11:29:39   Edited 2 times.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: I always get a kick out of the audience reaction. At the 1971 Miss Universe pageant, the audience went wild with excitement when Brazil and Puerto Rico made top 5.

Author:
WilliamNYC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:08:39 12/22/21 Wed

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: I remember that pageant. BB had to calm the Brazilian fans down. They became very quiet when she was called 4RU. I didn't think she was all that. I might have gone with England.

Author:
OldFan-NewName-1
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:37:37 12/23/21 Thu

[> [> [> Subject: I also liked France that year Myriam Stocco.

Author:
WilliamNYC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:48:47 12/24/21 Fri

[> [> [> [> Subject: Yes, I liked France, too. Michele looked out of place with her young age. Even though she and Georgina were the same age, Michele came from a little town in PA while Georgina was living in a war-torn country.

Author:
OldFan-NewName-1
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:42:14 12/24/21 Fri

[> [> Subject: Interesting this pageant was held in Mexico, the site of other angry audiences.

Author:
OldFan-NewName-1
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:58:04 12/24/21 Fri

[> [> [> Subject: I don't recall the audience in Cancun 1989 behaving badly. Mexico City 1993 and 2007 were the worst.

Author:
Basketball_Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:45:17 12/27/21 Mon

[> [> [> [> Subject: I forgot all about 1989. Yes, that audience was respectful and polite. Of course, nobody could deny Angela's win, plus Mexico was 4RU. In 1978, unlike 93 and 07, the audience did not turn on Judi, they were upset with the judges.

Author:
OldFan-NewName-1
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:57:07 12/27/21 Mon

Last edited by author: Mon December 27, 2021 21:10:09   Edited 3 times.

[> Subject: Miss Universe 1978's crowning is so awkward to watch. It is very clear what's going on, with Bob Barker assisting in placing the crown on her head (and no real interaction with the outgoing queen).

Author:
SeminoleNation
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:37:53 01/20/22 Thu

[> Subject: There is also other issues here. The first Black miss Universe is crowning a white girl from an African country/apartheid

Author:
OriginalRican22
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:07:55 01/21/22 Fri

[> [> Subject: YouTube comments underneath "Miss Universe 1978 Crowning" indicate Janelle was told SA was the winner and was further instructed not to hug or kiss Margaret. That's why Janelle spends so much time adjusting the sash. Interesting theory. Can anyone confirm?

Author:
Balty_Toth
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:04:38 01/23/22 Sun

[> [> [> Subject: I've read and heard lots of things about this pageant, but I never heard that. Janelle did share in a radio interview recently that she felt SA was the clear winner after she met all of the contestants in MX, but instructed on how to handle the crowning was not something I've been aware. She might not be a very demonstrative person. At her crowning, there was little interaction between she and Rina, except for a small kiss on the cheek by Rina.

Author:
OldFan-NewName-1
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:59:47 01/23/22 Sun

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.