VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Is North Dakota the Most Cursed State?

Author:
Basketball_Fan
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 18:29:21 01/03/22 Mon

North Dakota's best results at both Miss Teen USA and Miss USA are two 1st RUs and the delegates that had those results were the same at both competitions, Audra Mari (2011 and 2014) and Caitlyn Vogel (2019 and 2021). If neither Audra or Caitlyn could reach a win at both competitions, who knows if North Dakota will ever get a win at either Miss Teen USA or Miss USA.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Delaware and Montana respectfully disagree.

Author:
OldFan-NewName-1
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:15:58 01/03/22 Mon

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Isn't Montana the sole state to never make the cut?

Author:
OriginalRican22
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:40:58 01/03/22 Mon

[> [> [> Subject: Every state has made the cut at least once at both Miss Teen USA and Miss USA.

Author:
Basketball_Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:53:19 01/03/22 Mon

[> [> [> [> Subject: So in your research, what state has had the least number of USA/Teen placements. If there's a tie, who placed the lowest?

Author:
OldFan-NewName-1
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:19:59 01/04/22 Tue

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Delaware has made the cut once @ Miss USA, Top 11 in 2015. Montana has made the cut once @ Miss Teen USA, winning in 2006.

Author:
Basketball_Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:22:19 01/04/22 Tue

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: In my mind, Teen does not exist. So to me, Montana is most cursed, as I stated above. And as I also posted, I'd put AZ in that group. AZ hangs around near the top sometimes, but can't pull it off. Think of the number of times AZ has been in the top 5. That's rough.

Author:
OldFan-NewName-1
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:42:01 01/05/22 Wed

Last edited by author: Wed January 05, 2022 06:48:38   Edited 1 time.

[> [> Subject: At least Delaware and Montana have won Miss Teen USA.

Author:
Basketball_Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:52:51 01/03/22 Mon

[> [> [> Subject: Ok, I'll give you that point.

Author:
OldFan-NewName-1
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:15:13 01/04/22 Tue

[> Subject: I might consider AZ to be part of this group, even with 1980.

Author:
OldFan-NewName-1
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:17:12 01/04/22 Tue

[> Subject: I would say Georgia is a cursed state. For a state that always places and has had numerous runners up they can't seem to win either Miss or Teen.

Author:
PF-Indy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:19:53 01/05/22 Wed

Last edited by author: Wed January 05, 2022 14:20:23   Edited 1 time.

[> [> Subject: I agree with you regarding GA.

Author:
OldFan-NewName-1
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:37:17 01/05/22 Wed

[> Subject: I was trying to think of the most populated state to never crown a Miss USA- taking over the crown doesnt count. Would it be Florida?

Author:
TarHeel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:29:45 01/06/22 Thu

[> [> Subject: Yes, FL. Interesting how three of the least populated states have won titles: VT, DC, and RI.

Author:
OldFan-NewName-1
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:48:31 01/12/22 Wed

[> Subject: Audra Mari is newly engaged to soap star Josh Duhamel. I wonder if her wedding dress will have a distracting white zipper running up its side?

Author:
Balty_Toth
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:53:52 01/09/22 Sun

[> Subject: I'd add Maryland as a contender for cursed state. An original winner in 1957, no one really considers that a win because she was dethroned within days. Then in 2012 Nana Merriweather inherits the Miss USA title after Olivia Culpo wins Miss Universe and no one considers that a win for Maryland. Two Miss USAs but neither are recognized as official winners.

Author:
Violet_Sarbloo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:21:46 01/09/22 Sun

[> [> Subject: I don't agree about Maryland. If that were the case any inherited state win would not count and Shanna Moakler proclaims herself as Miss usa 1995 as does the others. I will say of all the inherited winners, Nana was the most boring.

Author:
OriginalRican22
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:47:17 01/11/22 Tue

[> [> Subject: I don't consider inherits as counting because in the end, those MUSA's that won MU beat the others at USA. It's random on which MUSA becomes MU. Leona Cage won, but Nana Meriwether did not.

Author:
OldFan-NewName-1
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:03:21 01/14/22 Fri

[> [> Subject: I thought Nana was a very deserving 1st RU and I was happy for her when she became Miss USA after Olivia's win. Actually, for me, I thought that Nana ascending to the crown was the only good thing that came from Olivia winning Miss Universe as I will always believe that Olivia's Universe win was underserved. I was also happy for Shanna, as I was rooting for Chelsi to win Universe.

Author:
SeminoleNation
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:32:49 01/20/22 Thu

[> [> [> Subject: It's interesting because I sometimes feel like had Shanna won we would not have even placed top 10. Shannon in 92 barely made it in but she was a bleach blonde that fit the mold of white beauty in the early 90s. 95 Universe was competitive and Shana came across young. To that point, chelsi did not easily win? And Shanna /chelsi is my favorite usa/usa duo

Author:
OriginalRican22
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:11:43 01/21/22 Fri

[> [> [> [> Subject: I agree that Chelsi's win was a combination of work on her part and the fall of the chips. T&T's Top 6 answer knocked her out and Canada's poor final answer did her in.

Author:
OldFan-NewName-1
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:33:23 01/21/22 Fri

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.